If Cowboys Beat Steelers, They Could Face Giants Without Plax and Pierce..

Reaction score
If the Cowboys beat the Steelers, which I think they will, they than face the Giants in a re-match from earlier this season. But this time, the Cowboys won't have to see Plax who is done with the Giants this year after shooting himself.

In additon to Plax, teammate, Antonio Pierce could be suspended and miss not only the Cowboys game but maybe the rest of the regular season after playing a part in the Plax shooting and hiding case.

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reports that Giants MLB Antonio Pierce has had his car impounded and will be interviewed by NYC police about his role in the alleged cover-up of Plaxico Burress' self-shooting.

Sal Paol says Pierce will start in Week 14 against Philadelphia, but Pierce is in some trouble for hiding Burress' gun. It remains to be seen how far the police are willing to pursue this, but all indications point to them being very concerned with all parties involved in the incident.

I have been suggesting from day #1 that Pierce will get suspended and I stand by it even though Pierce himself doesn't think so. We will see.

If this does happen, a suspension before our game with them, it is an advantage for the Cowboys.

Ren

Reaction score
There's no way they suspend Pierce he's to important to their defense

Boysboy

Reaction score
I kinda doubt Pierce gets suspended-yeah, the NY DA wants obstruction of justice charges against him, but b/c he may have been in an unfortunate situation at the wrong time, Goodell may find a reason to just merely fine him, or just wait until next season to suspend him.

JMHO

Reaction score
Boysboy;2459158 said:
I kinda doubt Pierce gets suspended-yeah, the NY DA wants obstruction of justice charges against him, but b/c he may have been in an unfortunate situation at the wrong time, Goodell may find a reason to just merely fine him, or just wait until next season to suspend him.

JMHO

This is a serious "crime" and I think either the Giants or Goodell will punish him for it.

Ren

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2459163 said:
LOL, you can't be serious! The NFL will suspend him, no doubt.

they don't work that quickly unless it's pacman, so if the Giants don't suspend him and they won't, he will play next week

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
The Giants didn't miss Burress Sunday so I don't think it will affect them. However losing Pierce would be a big deal.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we beat Pittsburgh? Hell, if we lose to Pittsburgh the Giants still might be without those two. But I think I get the point the OP was trying to make.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Burress hasnt done anything against us since the home opener last year. The last 3 games they couldnt get him the ball against us.

Many here said burress was playing on a bum ankle last year and that was the only reason. We have now seen that is not the case, we took him out of the game.

In the playoff game they barely looked at him. It was hike and throw it to whoever reeves was covering. And the game in NY we just couldnt stop the running game for 4 quarters without some help from the offense.

It will be interesting in two weeks to see their game play if we take the run away early.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I think Pierce gets suspended by NFL but not before we play them.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
This whole thing is getting out of hand. They said in NY they want to prosecute him like they would any other citizen, but it looks like they are going way over board on this whole thing because he is in the spotlight.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
what does beating the Steelers have anything at all to do with this?

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
First things first: worry about the task at hand. Beat the Steelers.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
viman96;2459182 said:
I think Pierce gets suspended by NFL but not before we play them.

Yep. I could see Goodell dragging it out until just after our game. Either way, if we can't beat them with Pierce, we don't deserve to win anyway.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Goddell could step in and do it for the giants, it will be interesting to see how this turns out.

links18

Reaction score
We will face the Giants, w/o Burress regardless of what happens in Pittsburgh :D

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Doomsday;2459183 said:
This whole thing is getting out of hand. They said in NY they want to prosecute him like they would any other citizen, but it looks like they are going way over board on this whole thing because he is in the spotlight.

That's the problem Dooms. If they are going to be tough on crime here's a reason to be tough and show it. And believe me, politicians are always looking for ways to gain votes. Mayor of NY is often a stepping stone to bigger things. He's not going to not capitalize on this and this is free publicity. Free.

I think Pierce and the Doc are toast. Not saying it's fair. You and I would not be in the papers and this would not be as tough. Tough but not impossible. I don't see how the Giants are not going to suspend him.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Ren;2459156 said:
There's no way they suspend Pierce he's to important to their defense

I agree. Pierce was not injured. Plax only got suspended by the Ginats because he was injured and would miss time anyway; so the Ginats decided to suspend him to make it look like they're morally concerned. But if they really were they would have suspended Pierce also.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
Isn't a Matt Jones still playing after being caught in the back of a van? Appeals are a beautiful thing. Pierce will play next week. NYG's are the sensation of the NFL now and have Godell's favor.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2459202 said:
I agree. Pierce was not injured. Plax only got suspended by the Ginats because he was injured and would miss time anyway; so the Ginats decided to suspend him to make it look like they're morally concerned. But if they really were they would have suspended Pierce also.

I'm not sure that reflects reality. The Giants had no choice but to suspend him which they did. They capitalized on it by not making it concurrent. They didn't have to put him on the non-football IR injury list. If they were going to be supportive they wouldn't have. He likely could have played in a couple of weeks at surely by the playoffs.

But they leaked it to the police and likely to the press as well. Cooking his goose. And covering their butts. If they didn't do as the commish would then they'd be in a sling, too.

The suspension by the team starts next year. They didn't have to do it that way. They're stretching it out as far as possible to recoup as much money as they can from someone who was a real pain in the derriere.

The Giants aren't out of this yet. They may still be fined. And they may not have known about Pierce or anyone else that may get dragged into this. They are going to have to likely suspend Pierce and any other player who may have acted inappropriately.