If Cowboys Beat Steelers, They Could Face Giants Without Plax and Pierce..

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2459202 said:
I agree. Pierce was not injured. Plax only got suspended by the Ginats because he was injured and would miss time anyway; so the Ginats decided to suspend him to make it look like they're morally concerned. But if they really were they would have suspended Pierce also.

I disagree. At some point enough is enough. I think they have all been tired of Plax and he disrespect to the team and his teammates. This was the perfect opportunity to take action.

JDiddyxl

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2459154 said:
If the Cowboys beat the Steelers, which I think they will, they than face the Giants in a re-match from earlier this season. But this time, the Cowboys won't have to see Plax who is done with the Giants this year after shooting himself.

In additon to Plax, teammate, Antonio Pierce could be suspended and miss not only the Cowboys game but maybe the rest of the regular season after playing a part in the Plax shooting and hiding case.

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reports that Giants MLB Antonio Pierce has had his car impounded and will be interviewed by NYC police about his role in the alleged cover-up of Plaxico Burress' self-shooting.

Sal Paol says Pierce will start in Week 14 against Philadelphia, but Pierce is in some trouble for hiding Burress' gun. It remains to be seen how far the police are willing to pursue this, but all indications point to them being very concerned with all parties involved in the incident.

I have been suggesting from day #1 that Pierce will get suspended and I stand by it even though Pierce himself doesn't think so. We will see.

If this does happen, a suspension before our game with them, it is an advantage for the Cowboys.

Wouldn't that still happen if the Steelers win? Or will that mean that they can play if the Steelers win?

links18

Reaction score
Mayor of NY is often a stepping stone to bigger things. He's not going to not capitalize on this and this is free publicity. Free.

Tell that to Rudi!!!:lmao:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
EMMITTnROY;2459185 said:
what does beating the Steelers have anything at all to do with this?
That's what I was trying to figure out.

Haven't got there yet either.

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
don't hold your breath, I seriously doubt anything happens to Pierce on this. Not that he doesn't deserve some responsibility, but unless the police arrest him - the NYFG or Roger won't suspend him.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
links18;2459258 said:
Mayor of NY is often a stepping stone to bigger things. He's not going to not capitalize on this and this is free publicity. Free.

Tell that to Rudi!!!:lmao:

LOL. No Rudi didn't get the Presidency but he capitalized off it big time.

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
Boysboy;2459158 said:
I kinda doubt Pierce gets suspended-yeah, the NY DA wants obstruction of justice charges against him, but b/c he may have been in an unfortunate situation at the wrong time, Goodell may find a reason to just merely fine him, or just wait until next season to suspend him.

JMHO

Unfortunate indeed. But there is no problem with him merely being there. It's what he did after the shooting that will, and should, get him in trouble. It's how you react to situations like that that show your character, and his is being shown. Granted he may have been "covering for a friend" and all, but while it's a nice noble gesture it doesn't make it right, or legal for that matter. He deserves a suspension IMO.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2459173 said:
The Giants didn't miss Burress Sunday so I don't think it will affect them. However losing Pierce would be a big deal.

...and they know that, hence, they haven't pulled the trigger so quickly on Pierce (no pun intended).

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
viman96;2459219 said:
I disagree. At some point enough is enough. I think they have all been tired of Plax and he disrespect to the team and his teammates. This was the perfect opportunity to take action.

Then let's agree to disagree, because I think This was the CONVENIENT opportunity for the Ginats to take action. But not convenient with respect to Pierce, which is why he's still playing.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Pierce is gonna be in serious hot water for lying and tampering. That is very obvious. He also dodged investigators he agreed to meet.

But the trouble will be in the offseason.

the NFL can and will sweep this under the rug since Plax is out of football until next summer at the earliest.

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2459154 said:
If the Cowboys beat the Steelers, which I think they will, they than face the Giants in a re-match from earlier this season. But this time, the Cowboys won't have to see Plax who is done with the Giants this year after shooting himself.

In additon to Plax, teammate, Antonio Pierce could be suspended and miss not only the Cowboys game but maybe the rest of the regular season after playing a part in the Plax shooting and hiding case.

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reports that Giants MLB Antonio Pierce has had his car impounded and will be interviewed by NYC police about his role in the alleged cover-up of Plaxico Burress' self-shooting.

Sal Paol says Pierce will start in Week 14 against Philadelphia, but Pierce is in some trouble for hiding Burress' gun. It remains to be seen how far the police are willing to pursue this, but all indications point to them being very concerned with all parties involved in the incident.

I have been suggesting from day #1 that Pierce will get suspended and I stand by it even though Pierce himself doesn't think so. We will see.

If this does happen, a suspension before our game with them, it is an advantage for the Cowboys.

If I hit the lottery for $15 million dollars tomorrow I can buy all the things I always wanted