Twitter: If Cowboys bring back Connor Williams they don’t care about winning

RS12

Reaction score
If they care about winning? Isnt it obvious they dont?

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
I'd agree with you, but for different reasons. Williams' fault was that he held rather than let Dak get hit. "Look Dak you're not getting blind side help.... speed up his route appreciation and get the ball away, or start getting out of the pocket".

How about getting a guard who is naturally strong, and won’t get beat so you don’t have to worry about getting flagged or your QB getting destroyed.

In addition it would make your 90 million dollar RB relevant.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
How about getting a guard who is naturally strong, and won’t get beat so you don’t have to worry about getting flagged or your QB getting destroyed.

In addition it would make your 90 million dollar RB relevant.

Sure if the RG was the only position of concern. The issue's compounded by a LT that isnt what he used to be (not all sacks were on Williams) and a C that's got enough on his plate just snapping the ball. Zeke's inability to cut is not going to improve by fielding a bull at RG.

It's time for Dak to step up, regardless of the less than ideal offense around him.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
I’d like an upgrade for sure but acting like Connor Williams is just awful is extreme.

He could start for nearly every NFL team because the NFL has a lack of solid offensive linemen.
He'd be the second best Olineman on the Bengals. Think about that for a second. Crazy ain't it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He'd be the second best Olineman on the Bengals. Think about that for a second. Crazy ain't it.

NFL Olines in general are terrible.

The games aren’t being won up front on the offensive side of the ball . They’re being won by scheme and QB play.

Dallas has to win that way though because the QB and Scheme are nothing special.

Havic

Reaction score
I’m not ok with even that.

Dude struggles against bull rushers and so does Biadasz. We need to add beef to one of those two spots or we will continually be crushed up the A and B gap

Most back ups in the league struggle at times. Connor will not be taking the min anyways, but we are not going to be able to fix everything in 1 offseason, even with an incredible draft.

fredp22

Reaction score
we also led the league in team penalties. Sloppiest player and team in the league. Our crackerjack hc didnt pick up on it till after his 1 and out playoff loss. The same hc that cant manage a game clock.
I dont even want "holding offense number 52" Connor back as a back up.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
If they bring back 17 penalties always getting bull rushed Connor Williams back you know Stephen Jones don’t care about winning. It would show that they don’t like to put in the hard scouting work to find better players.

He’s just not strong enough for guard.He’s better suited for tackle, where he could use his athleticism more even w/ his shorter arms which is Cowboys reason for not trying him at tackle.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they bring back 17 penalties always getting bull rushed Connor Williams back you know Stephen Jones don’t care about winning. It would show that they don’t like to put in the hard scouting work to find better players.

He is the primary reason why our team has not advanced in the playoffs!!!!
Those "Playmaker" Guards are the key to any team's success!!!!:muttley:
P.S.Keep feeding them Jerry.......

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Id like to move on because I’m not a fan of the finesse guy like him.

He could go to the 9ers and probably be great but in Dallas we need guys who will knock guys backwards and he ain’t that.

I agree.
I prefer to move on also.

conner01

Reaction score
Hope so, we may get a comp pick that way. Another draft pick to be wasted on another gamble. On a player they claim was not used correctly in college, or switched positions so is raw.
Only to take up a roster spot since he was a draft pick, and never make an impact.
I think I did that last part right but yet some truth in it.

But getting a comp pick would be great regardless the use of that pick. They may get lucky someday.
I hope he’s the highest paid guard in the nfl lol
He will get more than some think though
He gets a lot of penalties but he can block better than average

conner01

Reaction score
I'd agree with you, but for different reasons. Williams' fault was that he held rather than let Dak get hit. "Look Dak you're not getting blind side help.... speed up his route appreciation and get the ball away, or start getting out of the pocket".
Holding generally comes when you get beat
Pre snap penalties come from lack of discipline
He had a ton of pre snap penalties
It wasn’t because of a QB not getting rid of the ball since a pre snap penalty is pre snap

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Holding generally comes when you get beat
Pre snap penalties come from lack of discipline
He had a ton of pre snap penalties
It wasn’t because of a QB not getting rid of the ball since a pre snap penalty is pre snap

10 of 12 of the penalties were for Holding.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The thread title is ridiculous. That didn’t come from Twitter.