If Dak craps the bed in the playoffs

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys have to do something with his contract.

Unfortunately it's either extend it (so it won't kill the salary cap) or just eat it which would kill the salary cap also.

Best thing would be Dak agreeing to a huge pay cut. We all know that won't (but should) happen.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
They should extend him right now because you can't cut him.

If you don't extend now, you run the risk of him having a great year and then asking for something like $60m with unlimited leverage.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
if-anthony-mennella.gif
:lmao2:

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
How's Trey Lance progressing? That's the X factor in all this. If the Cowboys have a viable alternative option then yeah you move on. If they don't then you're pretty much forced to pay Dak whatever he wants.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Should the Cowboys extend him anyways?
First of all he's never been the sole reason we lost the game.. He may have been part of the last playoff loss but he wasn't alone so you saying crap the bed in what way you mean like Patrick mahomes not being on the money most of the night last night missing some of his star players being it was game one.. But to all the people that think Patrick mahomes is a God and never makes a bad throw when I watch that game over again now the interception wasn't his fault but look at how that game ended.. All the blame is going on some of the wide receivers but if you look at that ball throwing late it was behind kadarius Tony another one was over the head and two tall there were at least six poor throws maybe some of them should have been caught but I'm really sick of only the quarterbacks being blamed for things around here.. So you use the word crap in your title it doesn't get blocked out and I'm telling you show me a game where Prescott was just total crap when everything else around him was great.. It's rhetorical, you give him a good run game a solid offensive line and he plays well every time.. Last three playoff losses offensive line and run game were the top two reasons we lost the game.. They're not gonna cut him that easily because whether you keep him trade him or cut him the cap hit is insane... So let's cut a top ten player that gets us at least to the second round of the playoffs been to the playoffs 4 of 6 healthy seasons, never been part fo losing season, top 5 in wins and take the cap hit to boot.. The guy's got a great resume he's going to be hard to replace so I'm not sure what people's plans are but you might be not thinking this one through.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
They should extend him right now because you can't cut him.

If you don't extend now, you run the risk of him having a great year and then asking for something like $60m with unlimited leverage.
Why can't you cut him? It seems like after this season is the first year that moving on from Dak is actually possible. You have a potential and I will stress "potential" replacement in house and you can save over $30MM next year by moving on from Dak. I get that there is still a ton of dead money that the Cowboys would have to eat, but an extension doesn't completely solve that issue either.

I agree that the most likely scenario is Dak getting resigned, but it seems foolish to me for people to just completely dismiss the idea.

blueblood70

Reaction score
How's Trey Lance progressing? That's the X factor in all this. If the Cowboys have a viable alternative option then yeah you move on. If they don't then you're pretty much forced to pay Dak whatever he wants.
Viable is a subjective word you get rid of a player who's more than viable who gets you to the second round of the playoffs for someone who may or may not be good enough to win? At a 32 teams in a league how many have truly viable quarterbacks who can get them to the second round of the playoffs? 16 that's being nice.. So what are the other 16 teams that don't have viable quarterbacks doing to try to fix their situation and how long does it taking them and how are we going to just muscle our way in and find a viable one out of all those other teams searching for one especially picking in the bottom five of most of the drafts??

CCBoy

Reaction score
Chapter 15...no bed wetters allowed in service. Just win!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why can't you cut him? It seems like after this season is the first year that moving on from Dak is actually possible. You have a potential and I will stress "potential" replacement in house and you can save over $30MM next year by moving on from Dak. I get that there is still a ton of dead money that the Cowboys would have to eat, but an extension doesn't completely solve that issue either.

I agree that the most likely scenario is Dak getting resigned, but it seems foolish to me for people to just completely dismiss the idea.
Saving money is not the only issue it's what is the dead cap money? Isn't it close to 39 million?? How much money are you willing to eat to get rid of a top ten player getting you to the playoffs on a regular basis? For one that may never even get you to the playoffs?

Its far worse than that someone explain this LOL daks not going anywhere until 2025/6.. So you're willing to eat $60 million to get rid of a top ten quarterback then how do you even build a team when it still counts against the cap when he's not here? You're paying a ghost $61 million..LOL I'm no capologist but that's what i see when i read this graph.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/dak-prescott-19089/#:~:text=Current Contract&text=In 2023, Prescott will earn,dead cap value of $89,070,000.

Gambit

Reaction score
Trey will not get enough meaningful snaps or practice time to make a call either way. He needs time, if we see Trey at all this year it's because both Dak and Cooper have been injured.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
why didn't we extend jason garrett? the losses and bad play weren't all on him. Isn't this how it's done?
we want the legend back, he didn't suck at everything.

CCBoy

Reaction score
First of all he's never been the sole reason we lost the game.. He may have been part of the last playoff loss but he wasn't alone so you saying crap the bed in what way you mean like Patrick mahomes not being on the money most of the night last night missing some of his star players being it was game one.. But to all the people that think Patrick mahomes is a God and never makes a bad throw when I watch that game over again now the interception wasn't his fault but look at how that game ended.. All the blame is going on some of the wide receivers but if you look at that ball throwing late it was behind kadarius Tony another one was over the head and two tall there were at least six poor throws maybe some of them should have been caught but I'm really sick of only the quarterbacks being blamed for things around here.. So you use the word crap in your title it doesn't get blocked out and I'm telling you show me a game where Prescott was just total crap when everything else around him was great.. It's rhetorical, you give him a good run game a solid offensive line and he plays well every time.. Last three playoff losses offensive line and run game were the top two reasons we lost the game.. They're not gonna cut him that easily because whether you keep him trade him or cut him the cap hit is insane... So let's cut a top ten player that gets us at least to the second round of the playoffs been to the playoffs 4 of 6 healthy seasons, never been part fo losing season, top 5 in wins and take the cap hit to boot.. The guy's got a great resume he's going to be hard to replace so I'm not sure what people's plans are but you might be not thinking this one through.
Prescott now leads what is projected as a top 6 team and only costs a top 10 salary...