If Dak dominates like he did in 2019 does Dallas trade Dalton?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
QB's and HC are judged on the W-L records it is what it is, to pretend otherwise is just another excuse to prop Dak up. 13-3 and it's a QB stat 8-8 and it's a team stat. The only thing stacked against Dak last year was his inability to produce against the good teams.

Where was Zeke in those losses? Dak needs a consistent running game to move the chains. I keep saying over and over, how'd Aikman do when Emmitt didn't show up?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Where was Zeke in those losses? Dak needs a consistent running game to move the chains. I keep saying over and over, how'd Aikman do when Emmitt didn't show up?

Great point. The Cowboys loss 2 games in a row without Smith and then quickly signed him and the Cowboys became the first team to ever lose their 1st 2 games and go on to win the Super Bowl.

Brax

Reaction score
RB’s are not judged by W-L , Zeke ran fine for the last 4 years. Get back to me when Dak has 1 let alone 3 SB wins, your sad excuses are a joke especially when they include a HOF SB MVP QB. Dak needs elite talent around him to carry him, Troy made the players around him better.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
RB’s are not judged by W-L , Zeke ran fine for the last 4 years. Get back to me when Dak has 1 let alone 3 SB wins, your sad excuses are a joke especially when they include a HOF SB MVP QB. Dak needs elite talent around him to carry him, Troy made the players around him better.

lol. So without Emmitt, how many games would Aikman have won in 1995? Emmitt sat the 1st 2 games, Cowboys go 0-2. You are delusional if you think Aikman playing without a running game (as Dak had in majority of those losses) would still be able to move the chains consistently.

Brax

Reaction score
lol. So without Emmitt, how many games would Aikman have won in 1995? Emmitt sat the 1st 2 games, Cowboys go 0-2. You are delusional if you think Aikman playing without a running game (as Dak had in majority of those losses) would still be able to move the chains consistently.
1357 rushing 1777 total is nothing? Fact is the formula is now stop Zeke and make Dak try and carry the team. Unfortunately the 2016 Dak the bus driver doesn't work anymore as teams now game plan to stop Zeke because they have zero respect for Daks' passing ability. Troy opened it up for Emmitt , they complimented each other, Teams feared Troy. Dak needs Zeke to carry him and that is hard when the QB is still in bus driver mode. The only delusional one is you who believes Troy is a jag and Dak is elite. You are so delusional you would take Dak over Troy so you have zero credibility and know zero about football. Hopefully Dak can step it up this year but I wouldn't bet the house on it.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
1357 rushing 1777 total is nothing? Fact is the formula is now stop Zeke and make Dak try and carry the team. Unfortunately the 2016 Dak the bus driver doesn't work anymore as teams now game plan to stop Zeke because they have zero respect for Daks' passing ability. Troy opened it up for Emmitt , they complimented each other, Teams feared Troy. Dak needs Zeke to carry him and that is hard when the QB is still in bus driver mode. The only delusional one is you who believes Troy is a jag and Dak is elite. You are so delusional you would take Dak over Troy so you have zero credibility and know zero about football. Hopefully Dak can step it up this year but I wouldn't bet the house on it.
Not too hard to stop Zeke. He isn't breaking a long run. Let him tire himself out 4 yards at a time and he'll remove himself from the game. :laugh:

Brax

Reaction score
Not too hard to stop Zeke. He isn't breaking a long run. Let him tire himself out 4 yards at a time and he'll remove himself from the game. :laugh:
When you get so little help from the QB position it is easy to understand.

kskboys

Reaction score
Of course it did. His tendency to hold onto the ball and not throw it away also made them look worse at times. I have gone back to look at other opinions PFF ratings, Football Outsiders adjusted offensive line rankings and none of it supports the claim our offensive line was some great liability Romo had to overcome. It wasn't great but it wasn't nearly as bad as the legend that has been created. This isn't the only thing.

The running game wasn't nearly as bad. We actually were pretty efficient running the ball. We just wouldn't use the dang thing until 2014.

We didn't go 3 & out as often as people claimed for years.

I used to buy into these thoughts as well. Repeat it enough times and more and more people will believe it without taking an objective look back and maybe re-evaluate. When I did it, I was shocked to see what information I found because I used to say and believe all of this stuff too.
And you can spin things to make it sound like the D wasn't that bad. I remember those old spin heavy arguments back then. You're just on one side of it, and still spinning!!!!

2010-2013: OL and D were both terrible. It can be both. There is no reason to try and spin it otherwise.