If Dak dominates like he did in 2019 does Dallas trade Dalton?

quickccc

Reaction score
LOL ... what da hell ?
why would U pursue a trade for a quality backup bus driver that will be 33 yeas this year.
That can be a deciding stretch where he's needed due to a concussion, badly sprained knee or ankle
or a busted shoulder that has Dak out for a couple of games.
Dalton is a limited aging QB so how much true draft pick value do you think we'd get for one at his stage?
:huh:

glimmerman

Reaction score
Team sport?

W-L records are not inclusive to QB's. I thought we dismissed the notion they were months ago.

To blame 8-8 on Dak means you have to blame him for the inconsistent defense, league worst horrible special teams, highly poor coaching and management of the kicker position and overall terrible job by the HC/staff last year.

Some would say it's a miracle that Dak was able to win 8 games and deserves credit for doing that with everything stacked against him.
Very nice post. JJ let him play out his rookie deal to evaluate him. How in the world can you evaluate that after JG put this team on the field. And this staff in the sidelines. Blame to me is all around. And JJ needs to look at himself also. Maybe he did and that’s why we have a new coach picking his own staff..

starfan1

Reaction score
5-1.

Against functional NFL teams, he was 3-7.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/6xmd1n/every_qbs_record_against_winning_teams_from_0916/
https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...d-vs-top-teams-jerry-jones-top-coach-comment/

When looking back at Tony Romo's career, he has been average against the good teams of the NFL (I have defined good as teams with a final regular season record of .500 or better). In 32 games against teams with a .500 or above record, Tony Romo has won 17 games or 53% of the time.

When facing below .500 teams, Tony Romo is almost unbeatable. In 23 games against below .500 competition, Tony Romo has only lost two times and both losses came in 2006 when he came in, in relief of Drew Bledsoe in the middle of the season. In the last three seasons as the Cowboys full-time starter, Romo is 18-0 against below .500 opponents.

That argument is old news (you left out 2016 by the way) they all struggle against good teams except Brady maybe.Yes he and the team underwhelmed against winning teams in 2019. Romo was just average against winning teams and he feasted on bad teams.. The biggest issue is in new york now. football is a team game more than any other and Dak is well down the list as to reasons why games were not won

glimmerman

Reaction score
Wonder what wentz and goff are against above .500 teams.

wentz 9-14
Dak 11-11
goff 10-10

just for fun manning 32-77

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/6xmd1n/every_qbs_record_against_winning_teams_from_0916/
https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...d-vs-top-teams-jerry-jones-top-coach-comment/

When looking back at Tony Romo's career, he has been average against the good teams of the NFL (I have defined good as teams with a final regular season record of .500 or better). In 32 games against teams with a .500 or above record, Tony Romo has won 17 games or 53% of the time.

When facing below .500 teams, Tony Romo is almost unbeatable. In 23 games against below .500 competition, Tony Romo has only lost two times and both losses came in 2006 when he came in, in relief of Drew Bledsoe in the middle of the season. In the last three seasons as the Cowboys full-time starter, Romo is 18-0 against below .500 opponents.

That argument is old news (you left out 2016 by the way) they all struggle against good teams except Brady maybe.Yes he and the team underwhelmed against winning teams in 2019. Romo was just average against winning teams and he feasted on bad teams.. The biggest issue is in new york now. football is a team game more than any other and Dak is well down the list as to reasons why games were not won
Dak didn't just struggle. He was horrendous.

Romo never went three games in a season without managing a single lousy touchdown.

starfan1

Reaction score

Romo never went three games in a season without managing a single lousy touchdown.
An L is an L don’t change the narrative it’s a team game for Tony right? Just not Dak

InTheZone

Reaction score
Team sport?

W-L records are not inclusive to QB's. I thought we dismissed the notion they were months ago.

To blame 8-8 on Dak means you have to blame him for the inconsistent defense, league worst horrible special teams, highly poor coaching and management of the kicker position and overall terrible job by the HC/staff last year.

Some would say it's a miracle that Dak was able to win 8 games and deserves credit for doing that with everything stacked against him.
When I heard every bit of the blame go to special teams in a 13-10 loss I'm forever toning out that excuse.

InTheZone

Reaction score

First shutout too since QC..............................................................

Rockdoc

Reaction score
until Dak bores me with consistency he plays for 2 tag (maybe only 1)
if the extend Dalton you will know the decision.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
30TDs to only 11ints and almost 5000 yards. Carrying a team with no defense and a head coach that should be a grade school gym teacher to an 8-8 record! Maybe a desperate team will send us a 3 for Andy.

Why trade Dalton? Love Dalton as a backup.

Swagger

Reaction score
Unless we receive a second round pick for him no way we trade a starting QB in the NFL in Dalton.

$3 million salary to boot! Amazing deal

InTheZone

Reaction score

Romo had arguably one of the worst defenses and olines in NFL history for some years. Dak has never had a legitimately bad team. I hate these comparisons.

We can name all the RBs Dak has had, I bet many of you here forgot all the backs we went through. No comparison.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Similar to the Steve Beuerlein era, valuable QB2s are luxuries.

I think it is fairly big need. A season can get away quickly if your backup can't hold down the fort for a few games in case of injury.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Romo had arguably one of the worst defenses and olines in NFL history for some years. Dak has never had a legitimately bad team. I hate these comparisons.

We can name all the RBs Dak has had, I bet many of you here forgot all the backs we went through. No comparison.
Romo also had defenses that were better than any defense Dak has had. You guys always want to bring up the worst Romo played with and try to compare to Dak's best. I would take any defense from 2006 to 2009 that Romo had compared to any defense Dak has had from 2016-2019. I'm not sure there is anything Dak's defense has done that Romo's defense during that time frame did. Those defenses got more pressure on the QBs, they forced more take aways, they scored more TDs (along with special teams), they had to deal with more turnovers from our offense, they gave up fewer points per drive, etc.

Not sure why you guys always have to paint a gloomy picture for Romo and try to compare it with a rosy picture for Dak. Romo wasn't always saddled with the 2013 defense.

ICP

Reaction score
Dominates.....? 2019......? Huh......? I seem to remember we couldn't even beat a team with a winning record till we played the sorry Lambs