If Dak is struggling would we consider bringing in Rush?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m not suggesting Dak has anything to worry about but since he’s recovering from an injury I thought it might be possible if he was struggling with his movement , concerned he could aggravate the Calf and it was limiting mobility and effectiveness could the Cowboys consider bringing in Rush.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
They better be thinking that. You can't just leave Dak out there spinning his wheels in the mud.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
I’m not suggesting Dak has anything to worry about but since he’s recovering from an injury I thought it might be possible if he was struggling with his movement , concerned he could aggravate the Calf and it was limiting mobility and effectiveness could the Cowboys consider bringing in Rush.
If he's struggling with his movement, he shouldn't be playing...its a long season.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Even a "struggling" Dak should be better than Rush. So no, I wouldn't. But the trainers will make a competent decision on this matter. Dak has to be healthy. If he is, he'll play. If not, he won't.

So many "what if" questions these days...

links18

Reaction score
If he goes out there and has physical problems, someone in our medical/training staff should get fired.

Knotamus

Reaction score
This is what practice is for.. Dak will be ready.

If Dak is struggling.. Rush will too

If for some reason Dak can’t go physically.. by all means.. that’s what a back-up QB is for?! Smh

Mobinvans

Reaction score
I hope they do so you guys can see how bad Rush truly is

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Personally, I would start Rush the rest of the year. I think he earned that after his last game. Plus if he plays well and leaves via FA we will get a nice comp pick…….:rolleyes:

Flamma

Reaction score

We're going to have tough games coming up eventually. Lets not create more. How is Rush an improvement over a less mobile Dak? Rush is a statue. At the moment I'd think Dallas would be playing for top seed while it's still possible. If Dak reinjures it, then keep him out until totally healed. Then we're pretty much 4th seed.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
A struggling Dak is 100 is way better than Cooper Rush.

Rush is terrible and thankfully our defense, Oline, and Receivers played great and we didn’t have to see just how terrible he actually is.

fivetwos

Reaction score
This game is a toss up without Dak.

Changes everything.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know everyone is happy we won last week and Rush played a solid game standing in for Dak, but let's not lose our sense of @Reality here.

We cannot expect a Dak-like performance from Rush and we will likely not see Rush play even up to the level he played against the Vikings on a regular basis.

We need to treat the win we got with Rush last week like it may be the only one he ever gets and hope that we never need him (or any backup) to play for Dak again, no matter Dak's performance.

Jarntt

Reaction score
SpecificHauntingJaeger-max-1mb.gif

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
If he was struggling I would first get him a mobility assistance cart and he can take snaps from the shotgun then if that didn't work, I'd bring in Rush, but not the QB, the remaining members of the band.