If Dak signs during or after camp, is that an indictment on Lance?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
First few weeks, first few games of the pre season, few games into the season and we see Dak signs, does that have to do with Lance not being capable of being a good NFL QB? Is there any possible chance that they're seeing if he's good enough to possibly hold up contract talks even longer?

(Breaking News, another Dak thread, please stay on topic, the mods are extremely busy these days!)

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the Cowboys are either hoping Lance can be a possible replacement for Dak in 2025 or they are hoping to showcase his improvements in training camp to get a quarterback-desperate team to trade a higher round 2025 draft pick for him so they can look at finding Dak's eventual replacement in the draft next season.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys are either hoping Lance can be a possible replacement for Dak in 2025 or they are hoping to showcase his improvements in training camp to get a quarterback-desperate team to trade a higher round 2025 draft pick for him so they can look at finding Dak's eventual replacement in the draft next season.
Could easily see that, soooo I ask you. If he does play well enough and we're interested in keeping him here for years, what's the going rate for a QB that has a great season these days, maybe I should look at Jordan LOVE

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well then what do you think
That it has nothing to do with it. :muttley:
Dak will or will not get a deal and not based on what Trey does in TC.

However I did post in another thread that … what if Trey looks great, and no deal done with Dak. That they should let Dak play out his contract. And go from there. Actually they should let him play it out regardless of how Trey looks in TC and PS games.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Exact Reality right there, why would you not toss a 4th round dart for that opportunity?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score

However I did post in another thread that … what if Trey looks great, and no deal done with Dak. That they should let Dak play out his contract. And go from there. Actually they should let him play it out regardless of how Trey looks in TC and PS games.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score

If Trey looks good and we do not re-sign Dak. Why would we let Dak "play" out his contract. Let Trey play!

leeblair

Reaction score
First few weeks, first few games of the pre season, few games into the season and we see Dak signs, does that have to do with Lance not being capable of being a good NFL QB? Is there any possible chance that they're seeing if he's good enough to possibly hold up contract talks even longer?

(Breaking News, another Dak thread, please stay on topic, the mods are extremely busy these days!)
I think the job is Lance's to lose.
Not that he has it, but the Cowboys want to see if he could earn it, and if he does show something Dak is gone.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

Now you're cooking fella