If Dak signs during or after camp, is that an indictment on Lance?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, the write up in the other thread about the first day of camp said "Lance was struggling to throw the ball more than 5 yards down field and while Rush did have some errant throws, he looked better on day 1"

So, let me get this straight, our so-called future replacement for Dak cant throw the dam ball more than 5 yards down the field and got outplayed by a career backup the first day of camp...........WOW:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
First day .... were you there to see what the drill actually was ... I will wait longer to see what happens.

birdwells1

Reaction score
First few weeks, first few games of the pre season, few games into the season and we see Dak signs, does that have to do with Lance not being capable of being a good NFL QB? Is there any possible chance that they're seeing if he's good enough to possibly hold up contract talks even longer?

(Breaking News, another Dak thread, please stay on topic, the mods are extremely busy these days!)
Yes because the Joneses are putting their thumb on the scale for Trey, they want so bad to replace Dak after this season with him. All he has to do is show just a glimmer to sell the fans.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
First few weeks, first few games of the pre season, few games into the season and we see Dak signs, does that have to do with Lance not being capable of being a good NFL QB? Is there any possible chance that they're seeing if he's good enough to possibly hold up contract talks even longer?

(Breaking News, another Dak thread, please stay on topic, the mods are extremely busy these days!)
Lance is an oversized Ball Boy who happens to make a lot of money keeping Rush company on the bench.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
You need to understand what you read;
Most likely the writer is simply talking about Lance threw a lot of shorter passes and didn't try to challenge the secondary as much as the writer would have liked to see.
With him still being new to the offense I would expect that early on.
I think you're just looking for something to hate about Lance and Rush.
When an article flat out states "STRUGGLES THROWING THE BALL MORE THAN 5 YARDS DOWN THE FIELD"

That is pretty f'ing clear to me bro, maybe I am not the one with the reading problem..............just saying.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
It was the first day of camp.

Can you name what happened on the first day in camp for any other player in Cowboys history?
4 years in the league bro, 4 freaking years.

If you still cant throw the dam ball more than 5 yards down the field in your 4th season in the NFL, then that is a serious problem..............Maybe that is why Shanny thought a day 3 pick and a bag of Doritos was worth more than this dude.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
First day .... were you there to see what the drill actually was ... I will wait longer to see what happens.
4 years bro, 4 freaking years...............you guys keep acting like this dude is a rookie.

And no, I was not there, that is why I was reading the reports of the DC media that actually were there and conveying what they saw.................they said this dude, in his 4th NFL season, cant throw the ball more than 5 yds.

I have no reason to believe they made it up so it seems like a factual account to me. Now if you have some information that disputes their report, why dont you share it.