If Dak were playing for a Division Rival would you hate to play them?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I think there is a number of QBs that could run this offense just as good if not better than Dak. Very few QBs have ever played surrounded by the talent that Dallas currently has. It is not just pure physical talent needed, but the ability to throw accurately and have the pocket awareness to get rid of the ball out without being sacked or fumbling the ball which happened quite often last year.

Me friend, you came back to the forum with a vengeance!
You seem greatly agitated? Or is it the denseness of our Forum?
Come back to us.
Jnfay, think of the mammaries.

Cmac

Reaction score
I find it funny, not ha ha funny, that those that keep harping on errant throws by Prescott as if he's the ONLY starting NFL QB in their first couple of seasons that has had errant throws. Some of the most accomplished QB's in the league today STILL on occasions throw errant balls and did more often earlier in their career but got better as their careers progressed. It's a little tiring to see people here constantly comparing Prescott to QB's with 6-10 years experience, time to have become the QB's they are today. Example, early in Rodger's career when he was still a backup for Favre, every time he got in 2 things happened, First he made some bad throws and then he got injured. Head coach McCarthy had said in practice he threw betterl but there were many sports people that questioned when Favre was through would Rodgers stay healthy and if he did would he develop some accuracy. He did get the accuracy thing down and for the first few seasons as a starter didn't get injured but time has caught up to him on the injury thing.
…...you've gone quite a ways to defend the accuracy problem. Rodgers wants to know why you toss him in this?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
everyone will fear Dak as the season progresses, I have no doubt our OC will take advantage of his mobility, and with his superior accuracy while on the move he'll be unstoppable. Combine that with a QB coach who will let him revert back to his natural motion and delivery and he will flourish. Sunday night we will see a offensive barrage like we haven't seen in Dallas, ever. So long story short, FEAR HIM

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
…...you've gone quite a ways to defend the accuracy problem. Rodgers wants to know why you toss him in this?

I know actual things that happened is way way way to hard for a Prescott hater to actually comprehend, but give it your best shot.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Good call on the flame suit.

Whoever our QB is, if playing against Dak I'd stack the line and play Dak man on man. His (for now) short term game and his long-ball inaccuracy would give my defense a definite edge.
Like the Colts game?

Cmac

Reaction score
I know actual things that happened is way way way to hard for a Prescott hater to actually comprehend, but give it your best shot.
….Dak Hater?....Film don't lie....Lenscrafter can solve the overlooking of plays.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
….Dak Hater?....Film don't lie....Lenscrafter can solve the overlooking of plays.

Yeas it really helps your "film" argument when Prescott had a 104.9 passer rating. You have have a pretty bad accuracy problem to get that {sarcasm}. Prescott with the 2nd best completion percentage in the league of passes of 40 or more yards, but again you have to have a pretty bad accuracy problem to do that {sarcasm again}. His 2nd and bad year he had the receiver, Bryant, that led the league in drops and another receiver, Beasley, whop had more drops than the previous 2 seasons combined. I'm not saying Prescott is the most accurate passer around but I am saying he's nowhere near as bad you you want to paint him.

jnday

Reaction score
A couple of things. Prescott as a rookie had a passer rating of 104.9. Pretty tough to get that if he was as inaccurate as you're trying to paint him. Now his numbers dropped in 2017 but the number of drops by Bryant and Beasley also went up. Bryant to the tune of leading the league. The number of sacks and fumbles dropped dramatically last season once Cooper got here so you really have nothing. I see you didn't mention McCoy again probably because even you saw how ridiculous it is to say McCoy is better than Prescott.
I will say it again, McCoy is one of several QBs that can be average surrounded by this talent. I have said repeatedly that it would not be hard for any NFL QB to be a bus driver in this super conservative offense. Five yard passes are not hard to complete for pro QBs.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Younger posters may not know much about him, but he was in the same tier of QBs that Roger was in. Archie played with some of the worst teams that the NFL has ever seen.and he still was a top tier QB during his career. He was a great QB.
Archie was amazing to watch. The beatings he took in games were cringe-worthy.

But man, did he have my respect. One of the all time greats who never gets mentioned.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I will say it again, McCoy is one of several QBs that can be average surrounded by this talent. I have said repeatedly that it would not be hard for any NFL QB to be a bus driver in this super conservative offense. Five yard passes are not hard to complete for pro QBs.

AND AGAIN I'll say it that I followed McCoy at UT and liked him there but even then he had and still does have a below average arm and can't make all the throws. He doesn't have the arm strength to throw deep outs with any zip on the ball. If he had an NFL arm HE WOULD be a starting QB because he is smart and understands the game but he doesn't have a NFL arm. Even if this offense was this "super conservative" offense there are still times that the QB has to be able to make ALL THE THROWS. AGAIN, your Prescott hatred is making you think lest talented QB's are better and would be better or as good for the Cowboys.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Tell me again about the super conservative offense and how Prescott has a huge accuracy problem with a perfect 158.3 passer rating today with TD passes of over 30 yards. Tell me again you're not a Prescott hater.

roughneck266

Reaction score
Dak Prescott with Doug Pederson, Jay Gruden, or Pat Shurmur? He’d probably have a better career
Maybe. Not sure about Gruden or Cry baby to be honest. At this point Pederson is still fairly new so he gets benefit of the doubt, but don't think the others are much of a step up.