If Dallas and K.C. are indeed the finalists....

mschmidt64

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
This is exactly why TO won't land here.

Someone.....Denver...KC...Miami...will give some sort of pick for him. Anything to keep him from us....which...I'm ambivalent about.

Philly is a vindictive organization. Unlike JJ....who would cut anyone. Sometimes JJ's too nice to his players...but I guess that's why we get guys to come here.

The only way we get TO is if KC or Denver can't free up enough cap space to take on his contract. Even then, I can see Philly doing anything...to keep him from us.

TO can put the kabash on any of those deals by not agreeing to a new contract with those teams. No one is going to take on his current contract even for free.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
EveryoneElse said:
If TO wants to go to KC, and Philly wants him far away from the NFC east, I'm sure KC could work out a new contract for Owens.

Not saying Owens would or even would want to go to KC. Just saying, there are options.

In that case ownes would have to agree to a new contract, so if he didn;t want to go to KC he wouldn't.

IMO TO is not about to work out a deal with anyone to helop the Eagles get a draft pick. He would rather them cut him and then work out a deal

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
In that case ownes would have to agree to a new contract, so if he didn;t want to go to KC he wouldn't.

IMO TO is not about to work out a deal with anyone to helop the Eagles get a draft pick. He would rather them cut him and then work out a deal

I agree. If KC or Denver is stupid enough to trade for his current cap figure....let them. If he is cut, I want TO to be a Cowboy.

If/when he is signed, I expect lots of people to change their tunes....it may take 1 huge game to do it, but it will happen.

Bizwah

Reaction score
EveryoneElse said:
I agree. If KC or Denver is stupid enough to trade for his current cap figure....let them. If he is cut, I want TO to be a Cowboy.

If/when he is signed, I expect lots of people to change their tunes....it may take 1 huge game to do it, but it will happen.

I'll admit it.

I'm not gaga about TO coming here. I think he has the potential to be a severe disruptive influence.

But let's say we got him.

I would whoop and holler if he scored a TD and would cheer loudly for him.

Yes, I'm a weak individual......I felt that same way about Deion. Couldn't stand the guy....until he became a Cowboy.

mschmidt64

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
I'll admit it.

I'm not gaga about TO coming here. I think he has the potential to be a severe disruptive influence.

But let's say we got him.

I would whoop and holler if he scored a TD and would cheer loudly for him.

Yes, I'm a weak individual......I felt that same way about Deion. Couldn't stand the guy....until he became a Cowboy.

There's nothing weak about that.

He's trying to stop the Cowboys? Root against him.

He's trying to help the Cowboys? Root for him.

Getting caught up in adoring the players over the team is ghey.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Bizwah said:

Thats how it is bro. I remember hating Deion for PI'ing Michael Irvin in the NFCCG the year before we signed him.....then I loved him when we got him.

It's like that with every fan of every team.

I'm guilty.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Nors said:
TO is a bad apple

I want him nowhere this team

Nors Old buddy....I'm not that fond of the idea either, but, at this point in time I would say the chances of signing TO are much greater than that of signing Ty Law.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Everyone sucks until they are on your team. I hated Deion. I hate Dawkins, but if he was our FS I would probably grow to like him. You think I like Strahan(he is pretty funny), no, but were he on our team. Well you get the idea. If a player is good and he plays for you, root for him.

I DO NOT WANT TO. If we get him, I root for him. I want to see the Cowboys win.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
Nors Old buddy....I'm not that fond of the idea either, but, at this point in time I would say the chances of signing TO are much greater than that of signing Ty Law.

I would beg to differ.

According to Nors, this Ty Law to Dallas deal has been in the works for about three years now.

:D

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Bizwah said:
I would beg to differ.

According to Nors, this Ty Law to Dallas deal has been in the works for about three years now.

:D

How stupid of me!!!!! The Ty Law deal has been top priority for 3 years now.:D

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
How stupid of me!!!!! The Ty Law deal has been top priority for 3 years now.:D

Don't forget the mystery trade we turned down 2 years ago. Law for Rogers remember

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
Everyone sucks until they are on your team. I hated Deion. I hate Dawkins, but if he was our FS I would probably grow to like him. You think I like Strahan(he is pretty funny), no, but were he on our team. Well you get the idea. If a player is good and he plays for you, root for him.

I DO NOT WANT TO. If we get him, I root for him. I want to see the Cowboys win.

I agree on NOT wanting him. Like most people here though, I'm starting to think it WILL. If that is the case, I think it may be a different story with TO.

Like we all have said, we hated guys before they became Cowboys, then loved em when they got here... Imagine what this offense would look like with TO though. It would open up so many things. I think everyone on the offense would be much better, or it would at least mask some of the deficiencies.

I think Parcells has a unique way of dealing with egos too, because he has his own ego. He is a proven coach in this league. TO hasn't played for coaches with massive egos... Parcells has dealt with egos before. See Keyshawn, he wore out his welcome on teams where Parcells wasn't coaching. Parcells likes the edge. I don't think he's seen an ego quite the size of TO, but he can handle it. If there's anywhere where TO can work out it's Dallas. Why not give it a shot? But you've got to design a contract where he can be gone as soon as we realize it's not gonna work. Then it's a win-win situation.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cbz40 said:
:laugh2: no wait :mad:
I'm so confused by all of this. :eek::

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
:laugh2: no wait :mad:
I'm so confused by all of this. :eek::

That's nothing I've confused myself.....I don't know where I stand on anything.:D

Rockytop6

Reaction score
tkiehl said:
for TO would it not make sense TO would prefer Dallas so he can go up vs. philly twice a year? I think as an athlete he would welcome that! Plus no state tax in Texas?!.....I've got a feelin.....I won't say it!

The bottom line: If JJ wants him then he will be coming to Dallas. I am sick of him. I wished JJ would fire BP and make TO the coach and then decide to sell the team to TO. I would like for TO to be owner, gm and coach. Maybe some people would get enough of him.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Nors said:
Just say no to TO!

I have been,but I think there is a good chance we sign him. I'm trying to adapt myself to a new environment just in case we do. It may or may not be as bad as some might think. Let's see if it comes to be.