If Foles wins the SB

mardwin

Reaction score
Whatever happens to him will hurt us in any way. The Cowboys organization is clueless. No defense, no QB, no HC, no idea on how to get players in FA and wasting picks on hurt players on early rounds.

Always looking for the diamond in the rough...

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
nothing he is the backup.

Steve Buerlein stepped in and played pretty well and beat the bears at soldier field in the playoffs in 91.

he looked like he could have played in the system for a while but obviously it was Aikman's job and this is obviously wentz's job.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
If Wentz were 36 years old, had very little success in big games, cost an arm & a leg, and had a laundry list of injuires then Foles would probably be thought of as the favorite to be the starting QB next year.

But Wentz is young so the Eagles will roll with him and Foles will be a hot commodity for some poor team who will over pay for him and be disappointed.

That’s my guess.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Wentz won't be ready until Oct by most reports. I'm pretty sure Eagles have no intention of trading him prior Wentz returning. Even when Wentz returns sometime 2018, Foles is a free agent after next season.......his contract below

3/13/2017: Signed a two-year, $11 million contract. The deal contains $7 million guaranteed. 2018: $4 million, 2019: Free Ag

BTW......IMO he cemented his status as a future starting QB with tonights win. Super Bowl win or not won't change that......

JBond

Reaction score
We all have seen this movie before (Foles has a pretty good season and than signs with the Rams). Foles may have some suiters but I doubt they will want to give him the world to their franchise QB.
Foles is the Eagles version of Trent Dilfer
That is dumb. Nothing more to say.

Ozone22

Reaction score
We need an emoji that throws up.
5osi1v.gif

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Foles is like Bortles. If everything around him is perfect he can do well. Now he does get props for the bomb to Alshon shrugging off tacklers.

He’s not a franchise QB. He’s a game manager that can look better in the right system. Same as Dak, Bortles, Keenum and a lot of the other QBs in the league not named Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger or Stafford. The league really is missing the upper echelon of QBs since Peyton, Favre and Romo left

I think even Brees at this point is a product of Payton.

EaglesFan1

Reaction score
Foles is like Bortles. If everything around him is perfect he can do well. Now he does get props for the bomb to Alshon shrugging off tacklers.

He’s not a franchise QB. He’s a game manager that can look better in the right system. Same as Dak, Bortles, Keenum and a lot of the other QBs in the league not named Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger or Stafford. The league really is missing the upper echelon of QBs since Peyton, Favre and Romo left

Huhh?

Verdict

Reaction score
Foles had receivers open all day today and a younger tight end who can get YAC to get 1st downs.

They need to go out and get some receivers who can't get separation and complain for the ball and when the ball is thrown to them have them miss the pass or fumble the ball. That's the way to go. Throw them passes even when they are covered. It's the recipe for success. I heard it here from the Dez Fan Bois.

starcity214

Reaction score

Exactly.

If only their front office was as dumb as ours and bet the farm on "the hot hand" , we might have had a chance at the division next season.
As it is, they will go to Wentz ,the better player, as soon as he is available because they Don't run their franchize on gut feelings and hope.