If Garrett remains, will you?

bounce

Reaction score
Garrett isn't the problem. He's A problem, but as long as the main problem remains, it doesn't matter who is brought in here. I'll apathetically follow them as I have the last few years.

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
no i'll take the year off or something...i hate this weasel...when thoughts of losing to the eagles with the division on the line sounds like an okay scenario if it means Garrett being fired than something is just wrong. he's a cancer that needs to be removed period.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Already lost a ton of interest. I still watch the games with friends like I have for years, but the last year to year and a half it's more about hanging out with them than the game... Getting repeatedly kicked in the junk by continually finding incredible ways to blow leads will do that.

My only hope has been a coaching change to truly maximize the use of our talent and give Romo and Co. a last hope at doing something before their careers are over, but apparently the family portrait puppet trumps that for Jerry.

Agree. This year was bad enough. Still a fan after 38 years but overall I wasn't mad this year, just tired of it. I think Romo can still be maximized and if Garrett is still around that hope goes. After Witten and Romo confronted Garrett in Packer game I hoped Jerry would see light.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
I tell myself not to be so into each game, not to yell at Garrett thru the TV (Out in Hawaii, so no chance of going to games). But the game against Green Bay I found to be the worst coached game I have seen. I used to believe in Garrett, thought the red headed genius was onto something RKG. But I have come to realise that he cannot learn to coach on the fly. Now I see him as the Red Headed Idiot ! I am firmly in the Garrett must go group. - Having said that, like a lot of other posters, no, I cannot turn my back on this team. If Garrett, stays - I won't like it, probably continue to ***** and moan, but I will support the team.

31smackdown

Reaction score
I've been hoping for a fan exodus for the last 15+ years so we can finally clear out all the fake fans that jumped on the 90's bandwagon. Nothing more annoying than having to listen to classless fans who have no clue what they are talking about and acting like Eagles fans during games. You would think that over a decade of mediocre football would do it, but the branding is so strong people still want to associate themselves with "the best" even if the results say they are not. How else can you explain new fans with no previous ties(family, location, etc..) joining the fanbase? I don't remember there being this many fake fans in the mid-late 80's, but maybe I was just too young to know any better. Maybe the Cowboys have just perfected the timing of one Superbowl for every generation so they can onboard new fans and then milk them for the next 20 years.

If you only want to be a fan when the team is winning please just stop now and save the rest of us from your tiresome antics.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Hell yeah.

I don't want Garrett back, but I still enjoy watching the Cowboys, researching draft prospects, etc. That will never change.

Coy

Reaction score
Yes I will remain just as involved. I dont want him back as coach, but I think he will be back. Without Romo, I think even a blowout loss to Philly wont get Coach Jones to fire Asst. Coach Garrett.

But I have no choice, I simply cant throttle down my Cowboys fandom.

As much as it pains me to say it, I agree with everything you said.

theSHOW

Reaction score
I'm getting tired of being sold a bill of goods every year by Jerry. I will still follow them, but certainly not with the same fervor that I have been.

I can't figure out why some guys are hoping to win a playoff game, yet admit that we have no shot at the SB. I can't figure out why that kind of mediocrity is celebrated by some. That just simply justifies ole JJ's HC Skills. I don't want to even see the playoffs personally, unless we have a team with SB potential. Otherwise we are accepting mediocrity. Such mediocrity, that simply getting to the playoffs, much less a win is almost considered the end game around here. Oh how times have changed.

Reminds me of the man who wanted a steak dinner and decided to starve to death rather than get a shot at the shell game where a steak dinner was hidden under one of the shells.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett's game management is horrible, even his biggest supporters agree that he has made some major mistakes............mainly abandoning the run even though it is working.

This has nothing to do with pass defense...................yes, our defense is horrible, but that does not excuse poor game management that significantly affects the outcome of games.

To put things in perspective.........if we dont blow the Detroit and Packer games..........games where we had a 96% and 99% probability of winning and game management was questioned nationally (even by Aikman)...........we are division champs right now and the Eagle game means jack.

That is what fans are holding against Garrett, not a lack of pass defense..........................however, if you want to give him a pass then thats your prerogative, doesnt mean anybody else has to.

It has everything to do with passing defense because the passing defense is the reason we're throwing with a three score lead. You put any coach in a position where the outcome of a game hinges on a play calling decision, and fans will second guess him. You address the pass defense instead, and there's no need to second guess anyway.

As to the "probability of winning" data, please. That data doesn't isolate the cause of the improbable loss, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out a historically bad pass defense has something to do with two wildly improbable losses in the same season.

Either that, or we didn't hand the ball to Demarco Murray two or three times when we should have. Tough to say which argument is more convincing.

ISUFan22

Reaction score
Yeah, quit being a Cowboy fan - that'll show 'em!

Whiner bandwagon trolls...

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
If Garrett stays:

angry-dwight.gif

If Garrett gets fired:

happy-dance-.gif

jnday

Reaction score
I've been hoping for a fan exodus for the last 15+ years so we can finally clear out all the fake fans that jumped on the 90's bandwagon. Nothing more annoying than having to listen to classless fans who have no clue what they are talking about and acting like Eagles fans during games. You would think that over a decade of mediocre football would do it, but the branding is so strong people still want to associate themselves with "the best" even if the results say they are not. How else can you explain new fans with no previous ties(family, location, etc..) joining the fanbase? I don't remember there being this many fake fans in the mid-late 80's, but maybe I was just too young to know any better. Maybe the Cowboys have just perfected the timing of one Superbowl for every generation so they can onboard new fans and then milk them for the next 20 years.

If you only want to be a fan when the team is winning please just stop now and save the rest of us from your tiresome antics.

I wish they would thin out as well. I have been a fan for over 40 years and the fans from that era would not support the three ring circus and the average records. The fans expected the best and would accept nothing else. Landry was able to keep the team contending and the Cowboys was considered the class of the NFL. The Patriots have filled that role over the last several years.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
If he wins this Sunday night with a backup QB against a streaking Eagles, then I'd say he earned another shot. That would be one hell of a coaching victory.

Throw in a few wrinkles, onside kick, gadget play, etc - try to steal some points. Gotta pull out all the stops when your season is on the line and you're missing your franchise QB that happens to be the only reason this team is even competitive in the first place.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
yes it does
it makes a difference who the HC is

No it doesn't. What's their record since Jimmy left and Jerry's taken over? As long as Jones is as involved as he is, this team has absolutely no chance of ever winning a Super Bowl.

visionary

Reaction score
No it doesn't. What's their record since Jimmy left and Jerry's taken over? As long as Jones is as involved as he is, this team has absolutely no chance of ever winning a Super Bowl.

BP was a shell of his former self when he came here and our record in the 3 years before he arrived had been 5-11 each year

Over a 4 year span, BP built up the roster and took the team to the playoffs 2 times

the year the giants won the SB, old gap tooth said that we were the physically toughest team they had faced all year

so, yes, a real HC can absolutely make difference

i agree with you that jerry is the main problem here, but if that problem cant be fixed it does not mean we should not try to fix the problems that have a better chance of getting fixed

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
What a dumb question. Yes.

I was a fan before JG. I'm sure i'll be a fan longer after JG.

A lot of dumb threads the last week.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Yes of course, but drafting a QB to groom in April would ease the pain somewhat.