If Garrett remains, will you?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
BP was a shell of his former self when he came here and our record in the 3 years before he arrived had been 5-11 each year

Over a 4 year span, BP built up the roster and took the team to the playoffs 2 times

the year the giants won the SB, old gap tooth said that we were the physically toughest team they had faced all year

so, yes, a real HC can absolutely make difference

i agree with you that jerry is the main problem here, but if that problem cant be fixed it does not mean we should not try to fix the problems that have a better chance of getting fixed

Ok, as long as Jerry's involved to the extent he is now we'll never win a Super Bowl no matter who the coach is.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
If Jerry decides to keep Garrett as head coach, will you remain as involved and maintain the interest that you currently have? Just how fed up are you as a fan? Will a win over the Eagles change any opinions on Garrett staying or going? Tell us how you really feel.

The Dallas Cowboys are bigger than any one individual in my fandom.
Even Jerry.
We can all gripe and grouse- myself included about the team, but I will NEVER abandon my fandom of them.

Moderately_Askew

Heelsboy
Reaction score
I like how the title of the thread is very controversial and then back tracks. Then again dumb threads have been the status quo this week.

I will be a fan through thick and thin.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Have to stick with them regardless of whose coach. Doesn't mean I have to like it but I have no other team. I have bled blue and silver for too many years now.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
It has everything to do with passing defense because the passing defense is the reason we're throwing with a three score lead. You put any coach in a position where the outcome of a game hinges on a play calling decision, and fans will second guess him. You address the pass defense instead, and there's no need to second guess anyway.

As to the "probability of winning" data, please. That data doesn't isolate the cause of the improbable loss, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out a historically bad pass defense has something to do with two wildly improbable losses in the same season.

Either that, or we didn't hand the ball to Demarco Murray two or three times when we should have. Tough to say which argument is more convincing.

C'mon my man. With a three score lead averaging over seven yards a run you have zero reason to throw the ball until they absolutely stop the run period. A dink a dunk maybe here or there but other than that you are making excuses for poor coaching. I would rather let my O line wear them down rushing than hoping THIS defense could make a stop. Murray alone was wearing their defense down. Mix in an occasional change of pace back and we win that game.

slomoxn

Reaction score
Been a fan since the 70's, a lil to late to run off now. Besides, if RaiderNation could stick with them through Al's senile years I can do the same for Jerry's delusional years.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I wish they would thin out as well. I have been a fan for over 40 years and the fans from that era would not support the three ring circus and the average records. The fans expected the best and would accept nothing else. Landry was able to keep the team contending and the Cowboys was considered the class of the NFL. The Patriots have filled that role over the last several years.

I miss those days so much. Every year we knew we would be in the playoffs. A bad year was when we weren't in the SB. It seems like a lifetime ago.