If Garrett was coach

johneric8

Reaction score
wr was the biggest need when we took dez. He was our immediate #1 wr. Lamb is #3 out the gate. yes it made sense to us to take lamb and i love the pick but garrett and marinelli suck and would have been pounding the table for chaisson just like they did with taco because of size and traits with zero production

O
wr was the biggest need when we took dez. He was our immediate #1 wr. Lamb is #3 out the gate. yes it made sense to us to take lamb and i love the pick but garrett and marinelli suck and would have been pounding the table for chaisson just like they did with taco because of size and traits with zero production
Lamb is #3 on paper MAYBE! Training camp could change that pecking order if Lamb and Dak form a crazy connection. Lamb is very good man, he was a total game wrecker at OU. If Lamb starts toasting defenses regularly he will slide into #1 by default.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
How do you see this years draft shaking out? Would lamb be the pick? Diggs in the 2nd?

Just doesnt seem like the usual dallas draft to me.

Why are you still fretting over Garrett? Why would anyone care who Garrett may have drafted this year? Let it go and forget about someone who's not here anymore.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
O

Lamb is #3 on paper MAYBE! Training camp could change that pecking order if Lamb and Dak form a crazy connection. Lamb is very good man, he was a total game wrecker at OU. If Lamb starts toasting defenses regularly he will slide into #1 by default.
Well I think he is #3 on paper to start. I think they interchange tbh and move the wrs around. Most likely though gallup probably doesn't get a 2nd contract if lamb balls out.

Big_D

Reaction score
The Garrett is finally gone celebration is going to last a long time! This draft is a new dawn for this team and it’s really nice to have hope return. If Garrett was still here, wouldn’t matter what they did. It ends the same way!

lostar2009

Reaction score
Believe it or not but Garrett help a lot to improve the Cowboys drafting. I still believe Cee Dee is the pick.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And therein lies the problem. o_O

Yea. But it’s a different issue.
The Cowboys have been one of the better drafting teams for years now. The difference this year is that one of the top 3-4 offensive players in the draft slid to 17. That’s a big win, but al we did was stay out and make the obvious pick. It’s wasn’t the genius of our draft board.

The picks in the 2nd and 3rd were really good, too. But it’s a deep top-100, and there were comparable players at other positions of relative need available at both of those spots.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The same. They drafted their board and they always draft by consensus unless there is a tie, which there clearly wasn’t for any of these picks. Board broke well for them for sure though.
Garrett would have been on the yacht pouring drinks for JJ. Nothing else would have changed.