If Giants fire Schumer. Garrett top priority?

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
As much as I want Garrett fired, his team is usually in the hunt for the playoffs. There are plenty of teams, and fanbases, who would love for their team to finish 8-8 or better most years, with a playoff spot and a few playoff wins thrown in.

If I was a gambling man, I’d be willing to bet money he gets another HC gig eventually.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
What will shock people is that a lot of teams will be interested, and he may very well be successful once he leaves Jerry's circus tent act.
Finally! everyone's suspicions have been confirmed. Jerry Jones posts on here as Erod!. I knew it!!

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Snyder might be interested as well. Blank was at one time and Quinn's hanging by a thread.

I think we don't really know how well connected and networked Garrett is with the owners. He got a standing ovation on his PI review speech before the vote, using words that cause woody's with owners, the integrity of the game. In fact, I think it was after that meeting that Kraft stopped off for a massage.

:laugh:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Could you imagine opening up next season against a Garrett led Giants team and he beats us? Garrett, beet-red, jogging across the field grinning, spittin and clapping along the way. He might need to get a lot of restraining orders.......:lmao:

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
If Mara and the Giants want Garrett, Jerry should immediately call them and offer them a fourth round pick to take him off our hands....

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As much as I want Garrett fired, his team is usually in the hunt for the playoffs. There are plenty of teams, and fanbases, who would love for their team to finish 8-8 or better most years, with a playoff spot and a few playoff wins thrown in?

If I was a gambling man, I’d be willing to bet money he gets another HC gig eventually.
All of those "anyone but Garrett" posters and saying anything is an improvement might be in for a little shock of their own. They think another coach would have done better but how can they be sure.

One thing I am pretty sure about, the change in draft priority was part of his doing and building the OL was with his influence. Now, that's just going to go so far because even Parcells struggled with Booger and his inclinations.

We have no idea what crazy **** Booger wanted to do that Garrett, along with McClay, talked him out of already. We don't know who thought they could go without a true WR1 and decided to pull the trigger on the Cooper trade.

Everything conveniently gets left at Garrett's door and I think some are going to be really surprised if Garrett's not there and some new HC that has to gain Booger's trust is there and the team is at the mercy of Booger Unplugged.

Sydla

Reaction score
All of those "anyone but Garrett" posters and saying anything is an improvement might be in for a little shock of their own. They think another coach would have done better but how can they be sure.

One thing I am pretty sure about, the change in draft priority was part of his doing and building the OL was with his influence. Now, that's just going to go so far because even Parcells struggled with Booger and his inclinations.

We have no idea what crazy **** Booger wanted to do that Garrett, along with McClay, talked him out of already. We don't know who thought they could go without a true WR1 and decided to pull the trigger on the Cooper trade.

Everything conveniently gets left at Garrett's door and I think some are going to be really surprised if Garrett's not there and some new HC that has to gain Booger's trust is there and the team is at the mercy of Booger Unplugged.

So what's the alternative? Just keep backing Garrett and watch this franchise go another 5-7 years doing the same crap they've done the previous 9?

That's what is often missing when you guys want to argue with the "anyone but Garrett" position. Most of those people acknowledge Jones could hire a worse coach. But at this point, if it's painfully obvious they guy you have isn't good enough, the risk is worth it.

How much more evidence do you need that Garrett isn't the answer here?

cern

Reaction score
If the premise is could there be an owner so dumb he'd be willing to hire the failed experiment named garret, I suppose it could happen. I don't know why, but it's possible.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I find it very hard to believe that Garrett will get hired as a head coach anywhere. Why would anyone want him to lead their team? The Cowboys know as one of the most talented teams in the NFL and are predictable, conservative and underachieve.

Because he can trick old men into buying into him because of how he carries himself.

I think if you could keep him completely away from all things strategy then you might be ok.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://www.nj.com/giants/2019/11/i...on-garrett-and-make-him-the-top-priority.html

Garrett is familiar with the New York/New Jersey market, albeit not as a coach. But he is definitely familiar with coaching under pressure. He plays for an owner/GM, Jones, who is frequently and publicly candid with his analysis of the Cowboys’ performance.

Pressure in this market wouldn’t be an issue for Garrett. And it’s not like he’d have to worry about his GM or owner publicly assessing him on a regular basis, since Dave Gettleman and Mara don’t speak to reporters nearly as often as Jones.

Will Garrett to the Giants happen? Maybe not.

But if Mara has a chance to get Garrett, he can’t let it pass the Giants by.

——-

Obviously an opinion piece but figured it was worth a read or a chuckle. I saw a message board post on here a few weeks back with Giants fans thinking the same thing and now this article. I do think he will be a head coach somewhere next year if it’s not here.

Trade Garrett to the Giants...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://www.nj.com/giants/2019/11/i...on-garrett-and-make-him-the-top-priority.html

Garrett is familiar with the New York/New Jersey market, albeit not as a coach. But he is definitely familiar with coaching under pressure. He plays for an owner/GM, Jones, who is frequently and publicly candid with his analysis of the Cowboys’ performance.

Pressure in this market wouldn’t be an issue for Garrett. And it’s not like he’d have to worry about his GM or owner publicly assessing him on a regular basis, since Dave Gettleman and Mara don’t speak to reporters nearly as often as Jones.

Will Garrett to the Giants happen? Maybe not.

But if Mara has a chance to get Garrett, he can’t let it pass the Giants by.

——-

Obviously an opinion piece but figured it was worth a read or a chuckle. I saw a message board post on here a few weeks back with Giants fans thinking the same thing and now this article. I do think he will be a head coach somewhere next year if it’s not here.

That's what I would call a win-win.

yimyammer

Reaction score
If his contract wasn't renewed/extended and he had offers from other teams, I suspect Garrett would turn them all down because jeri plans to keep him around in some capacity long after he's done coaching here

I'd be real surprised to ever see him coach elsewhere and thats not because I don't believe there would be any interest

hope we get to find out soon, at this point in my fandom, I'm just curious to see the newest re-arrangement of the deck chairs doomed to futility

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So what's the alternative? Just keep backing Garrett and watch this franchise go another 5-7 years doing the same crap they've done the previous 9?

That's what is often missing when you guys want to argue with the "anyone but Garrett" position. Most of those people acknowledge Jones could hire a worse coach. But at this point, if it's painfully obvious they guy you have isn't good enough, the risk is worth it.

How much more evidence do you need that Garrett isn't the answer here?
None, I have never been a fan since he was the OC.

And different will be better for me because I am tired of watching him watch the game. But, because of who does the hiring, I am not expecting improvement and will be prepared for worse.

If I thought they'd hire the right guy and turn it over to him and back the hell off, I would be more enthused about the change but that's not going to happen. A symptom will leave but the cause will remain.

Praxit

Reaction score
giphy.gif

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Beat the inevitable off season rush Mara........trade for him now!!!!

Seriously though, Jerry or Garrett himself paid somebody at nj.com to write this bogus article.

It most likely came from bs.com