If Gregory isnt reinstated then I definitely cut Crawford and sign a Griffin

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Crawford has ZERO position flex - he’s average at DT and downright disgustingly ineffective at DE.

He is a very good runs stuffing DE on first down and a decent pass rusher from the DT position on 3rd down. That is his value.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
You cannot sign and keep a bunch of DEs who all think they are stars and expect them to be happy as rotation guys. Crawford makes us a better defense. He brings pressure, versatility, and when he is on the field at either position, we are much better vs the run.

Do you think Griffin or Clowney want to sign with Dallas without a guarantee to start? Do you think they want to be in competition with Smith, Gregory?, the young guys, and each other, knowing DLaw is going to be the Alpha at DE? Very unlikely that Dallas is what they really want.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Maybe you should look at the cap before making wild suggestions. Right now the Cowboys have 10 mil cap space. You say cut Crawford so that will take 3 mil off the available cap space and add 3 mil going to dead money. I'll do the math for you. That leaves 7 mil in cap space and you want to sign Clowney for 10-12 mil which will be 3-5 mil that the Cowboys don't have. Besides the fact that all teams keep a little on the cap if during the season they lose players to injury and need to sign some. Please leave the GM and capology jobs to those that know what they are doing.

And where is the 8 million in salary we save by cutting Crawford? GM much? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Aldon and Griffin would be just fine. Not sure I feel too comfortable with just Crawford and Aldon.

If Clowney can be had for 10-12 million for a year I would probably entertain that also.

Seems that our contending window just possibly shrunk from 4 years to 1 or 2 we might as well go for it.

I think we'd be really lucky to get just one of them. I have my doubts we'll even get one with the way our FO is holding back on additional acquisitions at this juncture. I think they may be holding back on Dak, for monetary reasons, in addition to wanting to see more of what he's capable of. They'll likely be looking at the final cuts to add one or two players, at a very affordable cost. The FO is operating in anticipation of a very lean financial year.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And where is the 8 million in salary we save by cutting Crawford? GM much? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

giphy.gif

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Aldon and Griffin would be just fine. Not sure I feel too comfortable with just Crawford and Aldon.

If Clowney can be had for 10-12 million for a year I would probably entertain that also.

Seems that our contending window just possibly shrunk from 4 years to 1 or 2 we might as well go for it.

We have another window? :rolleyes:

I've been reading about windows here for years yet the Cowboys miss the playoffs half the time and lose in the divisional round the other half.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have another window? :rolleyes:

I've been reading about windows here for years yet the Cowboys miss the playoffs half the time and lose in the divisional round the other half.

Thankfully, one of the biggest contributors to those closing windows has finally been removed from the equation:

1537809472-garrett_hook.gif

ICP

Reaction score
Lol, since Tank is considering opting out for the season they might need to sign Griffen no matter what happens with Gregory

quickccc

Reaction score
Only mere days away from officially training camp opening ...and still no NFL/Goodell reinstatement ruling on Gregory ?
Way too odd. Something is brewing within NFL office.