If healthy, D Law could be heading for a career year

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Many were disappointed in D Law's final sack numbers last season, especially coming off of a huge, contract extension. Sacks aren't the end all be all for the position, as Lawrence is considered one of the better all-around DE's as he is one of the best at stopping the run.

Why do I believe Lawrence could be in for a career, type season?

-He is fully healthy now, where last season he was brought along slowly after off-season shoulder surgery. He should be able to hit the ground running this year.

-The addition of McCoy/Poe should allow Lawrence to see more single man match-ups.

-Lawrence has played his entire career in Marinelli's defensive scheme. That scheme is based on rushing 4 and playing coverage behind them. Nolan is bringing a far more aggressive, scheme. He is going to disguise 5 rushers on a given play, this will allow Lawrence to see far more advantageous match-ups to exploit.

Brax

Reaction score
Many were disappointed in D Law's final sack numbers last season, especially coming off of a huge, contract extension. Sacks aren't the end all be all for the position, as Lawrence is considered one of the better all-around DE's as he is one of the best at stopping the run.

-He is fully healthy now, where last season he was brought along slowly after off-season shoulder surgery. He should be able to hit the ground running this year.

-The addition of McCoy/Poe should allow Lawrence to see more single man match-ups.

-Lawrence has played his entire career in Marinelli's defensive scheme. That scheme is based on rushing 4 and playing coverage behind them. Nolan is bringing a far more aggressive, scheme. He is going to disguise 5 rushers on a given play, this will allow Lawrence to see far more advantageous match-ups to exploit.
The only way it's a career season is if it is a contract year. He got his $$$$ he will disappear the second half of the season if he makes it that far, that's why they call him tank.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I look for DLaw to have a better season, he has spoken on his lack of sacks this past season of 5 and has vowed to get those numbers up. I don't see DLaw as a guy in it just for a payday, I do think he will show the productions he did prior to last season.

75boyz

Reaction score
The only way it's a career season is if it is a contract year. He got his $$$$ he will disappear the second half of the season if he makes it that far, that's why they call him tank.

Already starting to make Brandon Carr's contract look like a bargain. There's "overpaid" and then there's criminally overpaid. Tank is the latter. Epic contract fail.

aria

Reaction score
I used to be a big supporter of Dlaw, even when he held out, but after getting his contract all he did was talk a big game. Constant crap talking and did nothing to back it up. I’m not a big fan of talking trash but it looks even worse when you don’t deliver. Anyways, after last year I have little to no hope for him, hopefully he proves me wrong.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
Don't you just love when some of the Cowboy's players play their hearts out when it's their contract year, then something happens and it's either downhill fast or the old injury excuse. However I do agree those hangnail injuries can be very tricky.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He never ONCE disappeared last year and if you believe that ask opposing offenses and quarterbacks. He didn't show up on your stat sheet in sacks. Ok. But let's don't pretend like he hasn't contributed.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I look for DLaw to have a better season, he has spoken on his lack of sacks this past season of 5 and has vowed to get those numbers up. I don't see DLaw as a guy in it just for a payday, I do think he will show the productions he did prior to last season.
I agree. His motor was running hard last season, he just wasn't getting the sacks. Anyone who thinks it was due to lack of effort is seeing what they want to see.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
i am not sure that there will be a this year for the nfl season but i do think he got paid and he let up which is what theyall do

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score

I hope so, took the guy a few seasons to get going after being drafted, his 2019 season could be his normal after a brief peak, but I sure hope Im wrong

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Big time!!!!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
That ship sailed after 2017. The healthier wealthier he is, the less he produces.

:lmao:
Lawrence’s numbers have seen a steady decline since his best statistical season in '17. He had a total of 5 sacks last season. Pathetic!

jay94

Reaction score
Don't get all the hate on Lawrence. I thought he played pretty well despite his sack numbers. Jaylon will have the injury excuse until the day he retires. The lb group as a whole and defensive tackles in general needed to bring more to the table, that should be addressed, but now we will have to see how the back 7 hold up with our best former secondary player departing.

conner01

Reaction score
I agree
People forget dlaw had surgery late last year and I think that effected him

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
He forced the QB's toward Quinn about a dozen times, but he's still not worth the money they gave him. Should have signed Preston Smith like I wanted.
:facepalm:

Brax

Reaction score
He never ONCE disappeared last year and if you believe that ask opposing offenses and quarterbacks. He didn't show up on your stat sheet in sacks. Ok. But let's don't pretend like he hasn't contributed.
Hurt season after season, fades at the end every year, not a impact player, last year pretty average, his contract is a joke for what he delivers.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
He needs to step up big time, or we need to look at cutting him..

Any player that perpetuates the holdout mentality needs to at least perform well, or the team needs to look elsewhere ASAP.

I'm the biggest BSU homer out there, but seriously, **** about the "hotboys" while holding out, and make a play.

Dude better not embarrass me this year... ....and I have a feeling he won't!

16 sacks - you heard it here!!

Williamsboys

Reaction score
Don't get all the hate on Lawrence. I thought he played pretty well despite his sack numbers. Jaylon will have the injury excuse until the day he retires. The lb group as a whole and defensive tackles in general needed to bring more to the table, that should be addressed, but now we will have to see how the back 7 hold up with our best former secondary player departing.
Again with the Hate, for the money he got he Should have alot more than five sacks, but I don't Hate him for it..Is your blowup doll late for repairs again??