If I Am Dak, My Price Just Went Up To $45 A Year

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then cut whoever you gotta cut. We figured out a way to make Tony Romo the highest paid QB in NFL history and gave him a championship team. We can figure out a way to make Dak a top 5-7 paid QB (after Jackson, Allen, etc. get their new deals too) and put together a championship roster. Let's stop with the excuses.
Gosh, you are arguing with me like I make the Cowboys' decisions. It's just my opinion that you can't field a championship team paying your QB1 $45 million. And that was the OP's thread title.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Would be something if Bill stays with the patriots and Dak goes to the Patriots and Win's a bowl. But the Jones will franchise Dak yet again.
If i was the players in the next NFLPA meeting I would ask for the franchise tag either be done away with or rules changed where u can't be tagged in consecutive years.

Hard to imagine that going through.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Average points per game with Dak............36

Average points per game without Dak.......6.5

This team is not even competitive without Dak, scoring 30 points per game less. Let me repeat that, we are scoring 30 POINTS PER GAME LESS!

Dak and his agent be like..............

t9IhAZ.gif
if so, his wins would go down by by 5.

garyo1954

Reaction score

This team is not even competitive without Dak, scoring 30 points per game less. Let me repeat that, we are scoring 30 POINTS PER GAME LESS!

t9IhAZ.gif

If you are Dak, where will you be picking up the game checks totaling $45 million next year?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
If you are Dak, he can demand anything he wants.....he will get paid what the market says he deserves after his injury. If he and his agent stick to that price, then even leatherface here will not pay it. And he will have to agree on five years again. That will be a no from him and his agent, so it does not matter what his demand is. If the Jones don't succeed in getting their franchise QB in the draft, they will probably franchise him again. And if they do get their guy in the draft, it may be goodbye Dak.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I don't sweat Dak asking for as much as he thinks he's worth. I just wouldn't pay him.
I'm pretty sure he hopes we don't tank for Trevor. I don't care what anyone says. If we have the first pick in the draft, we're not passing up Trevor Lawrence.
Jerry would be seeing $$$ bigger than what Dak could deliver.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I don't sweat Dak asking for as much as he thinks he's worth. I just wouldn't pay him.
I'm pretty sure he hopes we don't tank for Trevor. I don't care what anyone says. If we have the first pick in the draft, we're not passing up Trevor Lawrence.
Jerry would be seeing $$$ bigger than what Dak could deliver.

You may be right, the only possible way I dont see Dak getting signed is if we can get Trevor on a 5 yr rookie deal.

The problem with that scenario is that the Jets are already printing jerseys with his name on it and they are winless. Of course Trevor could always say F that and return to school so there are a lot of moving parts right now.

I honestly dont think we are going to go winless the rest of the season, not with the Giants and Skins both on the schedule. I think we probably win one of those games so that puts us at 3 wins and I dont think the Jets are going to win 3 games so its all a moot point with this Trevor talk.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
After these last two horrible games at QB I doubt he’s going to lower his price even with the ankle surgery lol.
Isnt the name "Cowboys" offensive to some people?
We could change our team name to the Dallas Gimps.

Hadenough

Reaction score

t9IhAZ.gif
Yeah right! We saw how Dak played last year against the Jets, Saints, Bears, Bills, Eagles. Dak would of been over whelmed by that Commander Dline. The oline is down to 3rd string players and you act like they are at full stength like Dak had the luxury of having.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
You may be right, the only possible way I dont see Dak getting signed is if we can get Trevor on a 5 yr rookie deal.

The problem with that scenario is that the Jets are already printing jerseys with his name on it and they are winless. Of course Trevor could always say F that and return to school so there are a lot of moving parts right now.

I honestly dont think we are going to go winless the rest of the season, not with the Giants and Skins both on the schedule. I think we probably win one of those games so that puts us at 3 wins and I dont think the Jets are going to win 3 games so its all a moot point with this Trevor talk.

Who's to say Lawrence is the QB we like, we may also be high on Field/Lance.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

I agree. And I like the "already printing jerseys" image. :laugh:

They've already given up. Getting three wins out of that bunch and losing the rest of our games may be tougher than me hitting the power ball lottery, and I don't even play. :laugh:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If I’m Dallas I give him a take it or leave offer.

If they were smart they would’ve made Dak available to the open market last season with the tag that would’ve got us a 1st rounder if some team was foolish enough to sign him.