If I was Garrett, I would resign as HC

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Here are my following reasons:

1. I'm coaching without an extension. same goes for the staff.

2. I was stripped of my play calling duties.

3. I was forced to have Kiffin as my D coordinator last year..not too mention this year.

4. We are 30 million over the cap??

5. I probably had no say in that trade up for Claibourne or the trade down for Frederick.

6. Everything goes through Jerry and Stephen Jones.

Feel free to add your own reasons

trueblue1687

Reaction score

3. I was forced to have Kiffin as my D coordinator last year..not too mention this year.

5. I probably had no say in that trade up for Claibourne or the trade down for Frederick.

7. I pretty much sucked as a coach during my time in Dallas.

8. It's unconscionable that I continue to take money for what my ability allows

CowboyChris

Reaction score
7. I pretty much sucked as a coach during my time in Dallas.

8. It's unconscionable that I continue to take money for what my ability allows

While Im not and never have been a big supporter of Jason Garrett, If I were him I would resign, how do you expect him to succeed? he doesnt call the plays, he doesnt hire or fire any of the coaches, he is a sitting duck unless by some miracle this team makes it to the playoffs and wins a game or 2.

venky

Reaction score
Quitting might show other teams that you have a spine. But, there's no guarantee you'd get another job, and it's better to just pocket that 4 mil or however much it is.

bark

Reaction score
He's got a good gig. Why would he leave at this point

JBS

Reaction score
And you'd never get another HC gig

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Yeah, resign from a job making multi-millions for a QB coach position for six figs. Yup.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
He's got a good gig. Why would he leave at this point

Jason Garrett is a puppet, surely he has to know that. Im just saying if I was him...i would resign, if I never get another HC job so be it, but i would never be someones puppet.

bark

Reaction score
Jason Garrett is a puppet, surely he has to know that. Im just saying if I was him...i would resign, if I never get another HC job so be it, but i would never be someones puppet.

And neither would any other coach of substance right now. Jerry will have to have another parcell like moment and that likely means rock bottom

joseephuss

Reaction score

Fans can be puppets.

I think a very low percentage of coaches would resign from being a head coach of the Dallas Cowboys.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
69) It's all my fault we've been plagued with insane injuries... :rolleyes:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
While Im not and never have been a big supporter of Jason Garrett, If I were him I would resign, how do you expect him to succeed? he doesnt call the plays, he doesnt hire or fire any of the coaches, he is a sitting duck unless by some miracle this team makes it to the playoffs and wins a game or 2.

If you weren't very good at your job, but your boss was still willing to pay you several million dollars to do it for another year, you would quit?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score

Worst post of the week.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
If you weren't very good at your job, but your boss was still willing to pay you several million dollars to do it for another year, you would quit?

If Jerry had fired Garrett wouldnt he still have to pay that final year of the contract? If I was a coach in Garrett's position, I would try and do everything i can to turn it around next year.... I would want to call plays, I would want something done in the defensive coaching side. If Im going to go down, i want to go down my way or Jerry can fire me.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
Why would he maybe the rest of the NFC east would fall asleep and forget about the 2014 season and Garrett could win the division by default and Jerry would give him a new contract....the cowboy way