If it was a 2nd, would you like the Cooper trade?

Would you like the Cooper trade if it was a 2nd?

• Total voters

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Honestly, I am not fuming about this trade. I don't think we would've been in range to grab N'Keal Harry, and we likely would've been picking between 14-20 and grabbed a WR to develop.

Cooper is an immediate add who due to the synergies from him being on the field, will open up the field for more plays from Swaim and Beezy, as a result it will allow Gallup to develop quicker and play against weaker WRs, in combination, this will allow Dak and Zeke to run the ball more effectively.

I think this board is fuming largely because of the stigma around a 1st round pick. If this was a 2nd, I'd say great move.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Honestly, I am not fuming about this trade. I don't think we would've been in range to grab N'Keal Harry, and we likely would've been picking between 14-20 and grabbed a WR to develop.

Cooper is an immediate add who due to the synergies from him being on the field, will open up the field for more plays from Swaim and Beezy, as a result it will allow Gallup to develop quicker and play against weaker WRs, in combination, this will allow Dak and Zeke to run the ball more effectively.

I think this board is fuming largely because of the stigma around a 1st round pick. If this was a 2nd, I'd say great move.

Wouldn't LIKE it, but would certainly understand it a lot better.

A receiver is one of the last issues with this team, honestly.

visionary

Reaction score
Would not have liked it but it would have been acceptable

Bottom line for me is that I don't think Dak is a franchise QB so I would have been saving all my resources to try and get that
Trading away my rd 2 pick would have limited my options severely

In addition I think s big issue on offense is a great TE not a good WR.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Would not have liked it but it would have been acceptable

Bottom line for me is that I don't think Dak is a franchise QB so I would have been saving all my resources to try and get that
Trading away my rd 2 pick would have limited my options severely

In addition I think s big issue on offense is a great TE not a good WR.
I disagree on your last point.

Swaim is performing at a pace that will allow him to top Witten's production in the receiving game last season. He's doing well. WR was clearly a bigger need than TE.

waving monkey

Reaction score

I like it with the 1st.

visionary

Reaction score
I disagree on your last point.

Swaim is performing at a pace that will allow him to top Witten's production in the receiving game last season. He's doing well. WR was clearly a bigger need than TE.

Yep and Dak is performing like Romo
:laugh:

MikeT22

Reaction score
It would've been much better than giving up a first. But I'd still be concerned about Cooper's downturn in production since 2016.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
3rd max. You dont give up picks that are supposed to be cheap top end starters for a guy you are going to pay 15 million plus to

1st and 2nd rounders are supposed to be top end starters

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Wouldn't LIKE it, but would certainly understand it a lot better.

A receiver is one of the last issues with this team, honestly.
It is tough to evaluate if you think the QB is anything like his rookie season.

I would hope people realize that perception is false and start looking at what the player is now.

Usually good players get better as they go along, not worse.

John813

Reaction score
Yes . Like the player but that's a steep price . Especially with how well the team does in round 1 in the draft

visionary

Reaction score
The Seahawks and Eagles were willing to give 2nd round picks but Stephen Jones said hell no, he ours. Here's a first round pick, lol. Guess they really like Cooper. I think he'll be fine.

Yes he'll be fine

The cowboys won't