If Jason Garrett doesn't....

khiladi

Reaction score
Put up 40 points this game, I say we all fly down to Valley Ranch and punch him in his adam's apple... The guy has no excuse anymore, with Roy Williams having more than 3 weeks to be incorporated into the offense and Tony Romo back in the line-up.. I'm expecting at least 2 TDs from either TO or Williams, with both of them having at least one... And one more thing, TO better be running routes from the slot as well... 4 receiver sets, with Witten, TO, Roy, and Crayton or Austin... Your freaking kidding me... That is going to leave Smoot in man-to-man, so Garrett better exploit that, otherwise... If he doesn't step up, I'm officially on the "Demand a Refund Jerry" bandwagon...Oh, and by the way, I'm also expecting Wade to be aggressive in attacking Jason Campbell, even if we are up by 40... The only way the Commanders can win this game is to control the TOP like they did last time... That means Wade better stop allowing the team to dink-and-dunk their way down the field...Tempo is the key for Dallas...

superpunk

Reaction score
What if Romo is rusty and dreadful due to a busted hand? I think there is room for leniency there.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
khiladi;2415772 said:
Put up 40 points this game, I say we all fly down to Valley Ranch and punch him in his adam's apple... The guy has no excuse anymore, with Roy Williams having more than 3 weeks to be incorporated into the offense and Tony Romo back in the line-up.. I'm expecting at least 2 TDs from either TO or Williams, with both of them having at least one... And one more thing, TO better be running routes from the slot as well... 4 receiver sets, with Witten, TO, Roy, and Crayton or Austin... Your freaking kidding me... That is going to leave Smoot in man-to-man, so Garrett better exploit that, otherwise... If he doesn't step up, I'm officially on the "Demand a Refund Jerry" bandwagon...Oh, and by the way, I'm also expecting Wade to be aggressive in attacking Jason Campbell, even if we are up by 40... The only way the Commanders can win this game is to control the TOP like they did last time... That means Wade better stop allowing the team to dink-and-dunk their way down the field...Tempo is the key for Dallas...

Romo will be a bit rusty and as you point out Williams has only been here several weeks. Don't expect a well-oiled machine.

Cowboys need only 30 or so points to win.

Cowboys 31 Deadskins 19

Take this to the bank

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
As much as I want TO catching 2 TD's, Roy catching 2 TD's, Barber running for a TD and Felix running for a TD.

I will be happy with the W any which way we can get it.

"cause at da end da da day... thats all dat matta's"

aikemirv

Reaction score
superpunk;2415776 said:
What if Romo is rusty and dreadful due to a busted hand? I think there is room for leniency there.

Yeah, if Romo has his usual accuracy game I will be shocked. I am just hoping that any issue he has will only result in incompletions, not fumbles or ints.

I will be floored with a 65%, 300 yrd and 3 TD game.

zeromaster

Reaction score
OP: too much caffeine...

I don't see 40 points. 25 to 30 I would hope can be done.

ymmv

catskillthunder

Reaction score
It'll be Romo's first game back so Im not expecting to see 300 yds and 3 TD's. All I want is a win, weather it be by 14 pts or 1 pt, I dont care.

khiladi

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2415780 said:
Romo will be a bit rusty and as you point out Williams has only been here several weeks. Don't expect a well-oiled machine.

Cowboys 31 Deadskins 19

Take this to the bank

30 or 40 points, I want to see a change in how Jason Garrett attacks a defense... Oh yeah, besides motion for TO, he better call play-action multiple times...And I don't want to see Proctor ever again...

khiladi

Reaction score
superpunk;2415776 said:

Shorten the routes and make quick throws. Take advantage of the size of both Roy Williams and TO...

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Romo will probably take a quarter, maybe a half, to really get back into the swing but I've got a feeling that at least by half time that he'll be ready to run and gun.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
Is Washington's defense not good anymore? It is hard to score 40+ points on any team.

a W would be nice and as much as I like nice close battles, I wouldn't mind the defense stepping up and stopping another team so we don't have to wait until the final two minutes to see the outcome this go around.

superpunk

Reaction score
khiladi;2415793 said:
Shorten the routes and make quick throws. Take advantage of the size of both Roy Williams and TO...
Oh yeah, that will fix his hand.

I wish our doctors had thought of that weeks ago.

djmajestik

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2415780 said:

Cowboys 31 Deadskins 19

Take this to the bank

Just a heads up. I ran this down to the bank, but they all gave me the deer in headlights look. The teller couldn't figure out what to do with it. Am I supposed to tell them something WHEN I take it down?
:D

MrMom

Reaction score
If he waits until the fourth quarter to put in Choice or Felix, I will fly down with you and punch him in his 'nads.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
khiladi;2415772 said:

What about the Running game?
we just abandoned it?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If Dallas walks out of Washington with a win then Garrett and the Cowboys did their jobs and deserves a pat on the back 40 points or not.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2416239 said:
If Dallas walks out of Washington with a win then Garrett and the Cowboys did their jobs and deserves a pat on the back 40 points or not.
Style points can't matter right now.

Dallas needs a W in the worst way.

That's why all those "I hope Portis plays so they'll have no excuses" crowd is nuts. Dallas needs a W. If we win because of a bad call, so be it. If we win because Portis and Betts can't play, so be it. If we win on a blocked FG return aided by a bogus facemask call, so be it. If we win because of a Jap play, so be it.

We just need a win. There's almost no margin for error right now.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2416259 said:
Style points can't matter right now.

Dallas needs a W in the worst way.

That's why all those "I hope Portis plays so they'll have no excuses" crowd is nuts. Dallas needs a W. If we win because of a bad call, so be it. If we win because Portis and Betts can't play, so be it. If we win on a blocked FG return aided by a bogus facemask call, so be it. If we win because of a Jap play, so be it.

We just need a win. There's almost no margin for error right now.

I think too many around here take wins for granted. Winning in the NFL is not an easy task. Even bad teams can give you a run for your money. I'll take wins and could give a rat’s backside about how many points we scored in doing it. If at the end the score board shows Dallas outscored Washington well then I say congratulations Cowboys and keep it up.