If Jason Garrett doesn't....

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2416267 said:
I think too many around here take wins for granted. Winning in the NFL is not an easy task. Even bad teams can give you a run for your money. I'll take wins and could give a rat’s backside about how many points we scored in doing it. If at the end the score board shows Dallas outscored Washington well then I say congratulations Cowboys and keep it up.
Winning is paramount, but how you win eventually does matter. If the OL stinks it up and we still win, I'll take it.

But I say that knowing that if the OL continues to stink it up, winning Sunday isn't going to matter in the long-run. Winning the SB is what counts, but building up and playing your best at the end of the season is moot if you don't make the playoffs. We're just not in a position to be too picky right now. A loss Sunday could put Dallas in a situation of needing to run the table just to get a wildcard, which is no minor accomplishment when you consider we face NYG again and play at Philly and Pitt.

And for a change this year, maybe the injury pendulum has finally swung our way, or rather, away from us. If Portis can't play, Washington is suddenly without its best player. If Springs can't play or is severely hampered, they'll also be without one of their 2 or 3 best defensive players. On the other hand, it looks like we'll have nearly everyone but Felix.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2416282 said:
Winning is paramount, but how you win eventually does matter. If the OL stinks it up and we still win, I'll take it.

But I say that knowing that if the OL continues to stink it up, winning Sunday isn't going to matter in the long-run. Winning the SB is what counts, but building up and playing your best at the end of the season is moot if you don't make the playoffs. We're just not in a position to be too picky right now. A loss Sunday could put Dallas in a situation of needing to run the table just to get a wildcard, which is no minor accomplishment when you consider we face NYG again and play at Philly and Pitt.

And for a change this year, maybe the injury pendulum has finally swung our way, or rather, away from us. If Portis can't play, Washington is suddenly without its best player. If Springs can't play or is severely hampered, they'll also be without one of their 2 or 3 best defensive players. On the other hand, it looks like we'll have nearly everyone but Felix.

No it doesn't. Giants barley made it to the post season last year they lost week 15 to the skins came back late on Buffalo in week 16 to get a playoff spot and lost to the Pats to end the season. What matters is winning, you win or lose style points do not count for anything. Dallas and the players have 1 job go out and win

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
All that matters is putting up more points then the other team. Thats all he needs to do.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2416291 said:
No it doesn't. Giants barley made it to the post season last year they lost week 15 to the skins came back late on Buffalo in week 16 to get a playoff spot and lost to the Pats to end the season. What matters is winning, you win or lose style points do not count for anything. Dallas and the players have 1 job go out and win
Tom Coughlin thought that it did.

The Pats game in week 17 last year was meaningless for them, yet they went out and nearly beat the seemingly unbeatable Pats. That completely turned their season around. A lot of coaches probably would've played reserves in that game to rest starters for the playoffs, but Coughlin knew his team needed to play well more than it needed rest.

They got their confidence back that night, even though they lost. They got the W the previous week, but when it came to the end of their season, they weren't just looking at getting in the playoffs, they were concerned about how they were playing.

So, yeah, it does matter. The thing with Dallas right now is they're in much too bad of a position to worry about anything except gutting out a win any way they can get it. They just need a win and can worry about what's going wrong after the fact.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2416308 said:
Tom Coughlin thought that it did.

The Pats game in week 17 last year was meaningless for them, yet they went out and nearly beat the seemingly unbeatable Pats. That completely turned their season around. A lot of coaches probably would've played reserves in that game to rest starters for the playoffs, but Coughlin knew his team needed to play well more than it needed rest.

They got their confidence back that night, even though they lost. They got the W the previous week, but when it came to the end of their season, they weren't just looking at getting in the playoffs, they were concerned about how they were playing.

So, yeah, it does matter. The thing with Dallas right now is they're in much too bad of a position to worry about anything except gutting out a win any way they can get it. They just need a win and can worry about what's going wrong after the fact.

But they lost. They won in a pooly played game vs Tampa in the playoffs but won and then did play much better for the next 3 games. I want wins nothing else matters but winning the games. Winning games in the NFL is not an easy task to begin with so going out and winning games is what matters. looking good and losing is still a loss.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2416327 said:
But they lost. They won in a pooly played game vs Tampa in the playoffs but won and then did play much better for the next 3 games. I want wins nothing else matters but winning the games. Winning games in the NFL is not an easy task to begin with so going out and winning games is what matters. looking good and losing is still a loss.
They didn't play poorly against Tampa. They went out and played a relatively error free game which was basically over in the 3rd quarter.

Same as with how the Cowboys were playing was so important. They were hands down the best team in the NFC, and I thought after the GB game they looked like they could challenge the Pats. Then December rolled around and all of a sudden they went into a tailspin. A lot of fans tried to pretend how they were playing was irrelevant (much like you are now), until they went out against NYG and played the same sloppy inconsistent football we'd seen all December long.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
We win by one, I'm a happy camper. We have to start getting on the positive side of the W column quick.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2416330 said:
They didn't play poorly against Tampa. They went out and played a relatively error free game which was basically over in the 3rd quarter.

Same as with how the Cowboys were playing was so important. They were hands down the best team in the NFC, and I thought after the GB game they looked like they could challenge the Pats. Then December rolled around and all of a sudden they went into a tailspin. A lot of fans tried to pretend how they were playing was irrelevant (much like you are now), until they went out against NYG and played the same sloppy inconsistent football we'd seen all December long.

I don't care about style point they don't win games period. Moral victories do not mean squat. As for the Giants they trailed 7-0 after one and went in at half time 14-7. They score 10 in the second half while Tampa scored 7. I don't think at 17-7 after 3 qrt means a game is over. I do agree they played pretty much error free avoiding turnovers and few penalties but hardly walked over Tampa

T-NMan-41

Reaction score
:starspin

We need only look at the tape of the Steeler's vs. the Deadskin's, they laid out the blue print defensively. On the O side of the ball we need to be aggressive and creative and move T.O. into the slot/motion and break there backs with 4/5 receiver sets we have the talent to do it. The O-Line must PROTECT better than it has all season. If Portis plays KNOCK em OUT....... Period........ We must win this game....... BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett's got all the 'toys' he can use - and then some.

But that's not the Cowboys' issue.

They've got plenty of 'skill position' players up and down the roster.

Their problem is that the 'big uglies' aren't getting the job done - on either side of the ball.

Until they do, this team will struggle.

Hopefully they get it straightened out starting this week and continuing the rest of the way.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
MrMom;2415950 said:
If he waits until the fourth quarter to put in Choice or Felix, I will fly down with you and punch him in his 'nads.
If he calls 75% of the runs to the middle or left side, I'll provide you with an alibi.

jimmy40

Reaction score
I'll be happy if Romo can make it through the game with no defender slapping his hand.