If Jaylon Smith moves to SLB, whos the MLB? **merged**

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
a draft pick, free agent, or Hitchens? If a draft pick, it would need to be a pretty high one to be a starter.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Likely gone? With all the QBs likely to go off the board, along with OL, and DL/DE. I can see him falling. Big time. Hes also small. Something a lot of teams don't like
There is pretty much a consensus of draft gurus that have him long gone before 19.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Whatever happens, Lee can't be on the field for every snap like he usually is. Ideally, find someone who can take 30% of the snaps from him at WLB (I thought that would be Jaylon but I guess not). And even then, that doesn't guarantee Lee not getting hurt.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree 100%. The 2017 season left the Jaylon Smith project with a ton of questions still unanswered. I love the kid’s heart and commitment but I didn’t see 2nd round talent out there when he played.

Yep. He played better when they were able to limit the situations he had to be in. But he didn't show enough for anybody to be comfortable with him as a full time starter. It's actually a fairly alarming thought from what I saw early last year.

Garrett's right that, to be fair to the guy, he was thrust into that position both as basically a rookie and with both of the experienced vets he'd been relying on in camp and preseason out of the lineup. It was reasonable to expect struggles. But that doesn't mean we sign up for it again this season and hope the problem gets solved with experience.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I agree 100%. The 2017 season left the Jaylon Smith project with a ton of questions still unanswered. I love the kid’s heart and commitment but I didn’t see 2nd round talent out there when he played.
Shhhhh you about to get attacked by the Jaylon mob. Don't worry bro. I got you. Strength in numbers. Most of them can't punch anyways.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Roquan Smith!!!
RSmith is more of a WILL than Jaylon, he is 20 lbs lighter.......if anyone should move it would be SLee but that ship has sailed

Neither one is playing SAM unless we just want to put an embarrassment of riches on the field

The starters are DWilson- JSmith - SLee at SAM- MIKE- WILL.............. SAM only plays 15-20 snaps a game

I would re-sign Wilbur for SAM and STs...... March and TJohnson are depth and STs

Draft a LB or2 and sign a cheap vet and call it a day

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
You are right ......it was 1st Round talent

If Jaylon Smith was in this year's Draft he would be Top 10 ........RSmith hopes to be JSmith when he grows up

Shhhhh you about to get attacked by the Jaylon mob. Don't worry bro. I got you. Strength in numbers. Most of them can't punch anyways.
Don't call it a comeback.....I've been here for years