If Jaylon Smith moves to SLB, whos the MLB? **merged**

DiResta

Reaction score
That's your opinion. Yes, he prolly can play MLB. Is that the best use of his talent?

I'm sorry that you're unable to evaluate and give opinions based on something.
he struggled playing middle and thats being kind because i have high expectations for him
are you suggesting he wouldve been better off playing will with Lee moving to mike? because what other options were there. he wasnt playing sam
so its my opinion or am i not able to give opinion? make up your mind
the best use will be first to see if he recovered enough to win a starting job at linebacker
then you can line him up wherever you want coach

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
So who is going to be the MLB now?
Has Wilson ever played MLB?
Interesting move to SLB if it happens given Jaylon's pass rush abilities.
Does Seattle play SLB like Atlanta?
Hope the pass defense coach replaces Marinelli soon.

It appears to me in all this that Richard wants to use Jaylon at SLB to take advantage of his pass rushing ability, but also will plan to use him in our nickel packages as the linebacker on the field with Lee. So that means the MLB is going to be a part-time player, which could very well mean that Wilson ends up in that role since I'm doubtful that we'll spend a high draft pick on a part-time starter.

Most likely, we'll hedge our bets by bringing in a cheap vet who can play multiple linebacker spots and then draft a couple in the later rounds.

Sydla

Reaction score
It appears to me in all this that Richard wants to use Jaylon at SLB to take advantage of his pass rushing ability, but also will plan to use him in our nickel packages as the linebacker on the field with Lee. So that means the MLB is going to be a part-time player, which could very well mean that Wilson ends up in that role since I'm doubtful that we'll spend a high draft pick on a part-time starter.

Most likely, we'll hedge our bets by bringing in a cheap vet who can play multiple linebacker spots and then draft a couple in the later rounds.

WHen did Richard become the DC?