If Jerry doesn't go after Belichick hard, it proves that Jerry is the problem

FoxF

Reaction score
You are right, MM served it up for Jerry and gave him ample excuse to improve this team by hiring BB. Looks like Jerry is going to whiff.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If Jerry doesn't go after B.B. hard, it proves to me that Jerry is the problem in Dallas and we will win NOTHING while he is charge.

JMO

Depends.

If he keeps Dak he’s gotta get Belichick.

If he lets Dak go it opens up several other coaching and teams options imo.

I personally would go for Belichick and run it back with this current roster.

Rajveer

Reaction score
If Jerry doesn't go after B.B. hard, it proves to me that Jerry is the problem in Dallas and we will win NOTHING while he is charge.

JMO
You are still waiting for this proof? This has been apparent for me at least for a decade and for others even longer. For the past 28 years, there is one constant. It does not take much to figure out who the problem is.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
An Owner/GM arrangement is a GM without accountability because he will not fire himself. Why would you think the real problem is elsewhere?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are still waiting for this proof? This has been apparent for me at least for a decade and for others even longer. For the past 28 years, there is one constant. It does not take much to figure out who the problem is.
Jones is like The Invisible Man for some. Every organization is a combination of parts. The bigger the organization, the more parts that operate and maintain it.

Jones made himself the general manager. He is a cog in the machine. People can state he has no authority. That he has no input. That he takes zero action. All are false assumptions.

Jones has been the one thing (even more than his children) that ties every season together. He cannot be eliminated from analyzing what is and has been wrong with what his franchise puts on the field. Or how his product performs every blasted year.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

JMO
Two serious questions:
1. Why should any Cowboys fan believe Jerry will make any big changes? (I fully expect Big Mac to be back- not that I agree with that, it’s just that Jerry hates to change HCs he’s comfortable with)

2. Does it really matter who the HC is if nothing else changes in how this organization is run? (Since our last SB, we’ve had 6 different HCs, 8 different OCs, 8 different DCs. Why should we expect the next one will be the winner?)

Rajveer

Reaction score
Jones is like The Invisible Man for some. Every organization is a combination of parts. The bigger the organization, the more parts that operate and maintain it.

Jones made himself the general manager. He is a cog in the machine. People can state he has no authority. That he has no input. That he takes zero action. All are false assumptions.

Jones has been the one thing (even more than his children) that ties every season together. He cannot be eliminated from analyzing what is and has been wrong with what his franchise puts on the field. Or how his product performs every blasted year.
IMHO, Jerry's biggest weakness could be considered his biggest strength as a human being. Jerry is loyal to his players and that instills an attitude of softness. Players in this team, have been un prepared, soft, entitled because they know, they are not going to be held accountable and in turn even rewarded for not doing much. I know life is much bigger than this game and part of me does not want Jerry to change. Lord knows we have been distancing ourselves from each other in the name of ideologies and now even sports and social media has made this worse. I appreciate Jerry for being a bit emotional and have that attitude towards other but it is a wrong recipe for football.

J-man

Reaction score
I don't like BB, never have. He's a complete douc bag. I'll go on record saying I don't want him here. I don't want to have to deal with that **/up yours attitude and the possible cheating/line bending/grey area stigma hanging over our team.
He literally has done nothing, separate from Tom Brady. IMHO, I think he is extremely over rated.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score

JMO
Better get Brady too in a package deal. Bill’s at his best with Brady.

Cmac

Reaction score
Jerry is the problem. Belichick is not coming to Dallas.
But Jerry would love the pressers, as Belichick with the one-word answers give Jerry more opportunity to grab the mike. May preoccupy Jerry away from the coaching decisions or players running to him.