If Jerry doesn't go after Belichick hard, it proves that Jerry is the problem

foofighters

Reaction score
If Jerry doesn't go after B.B. hard, it proves to me that Jerry is the problem in Dallas and we will win NOTHING while he is charge.

JMO
Yuck. We need to go younger with fresh ideas. And I don't mean boy wonder types who are Jason Garrett clones. I want someone from a solid coaching tree. Enough with these old farts.

Oh, and Jerry is the problem.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
If Jerry doesn't go after B.B. hard, it proves to me that Jerry is the problem in Dallas and we will win NOTHING while he is charge.

JMO
I wish you all would stop with Bill. It’s media bs. For him to come to Dallas to many changes would have to be made.

pansophy

Reaction score
I’m just going to keep saying. There is a big case to be made that Brady made Belichick because he has did crap before and after. Besides I’d rather go younger.

But Jerry is the problem. He wants to be the center and he wants to make money. Selling takes extreme optimism but as the center of team it leads to entitlement and guys planning victory parties before the game has been played.

CowboysInPurgatory

Reaction score
First, no matter who the Cowboys head coach is, we will not win another SB until Jerry is gone. I've said this for 20 years and probably another 20 because Jerry is making it to 100.

Second, BB would be a culture shock to the Cowboys organization. I am not saying that is a bad thing, but you would have players departing and FA not wanting to sign to play for BB. I think it was Edelman that said something like, " We played for Tom but worked for BB".

Lastly, I do support BB coming to the Boys, but that is never going to happen because the JJ would never give that much power to the head coach to make decisions on player personnel.

We all need to level set here, if BB comes to the Boys then we will probably take 1-2 steps back before leaping forward. He would be better served in an rebuild organization and rebuild is not in Jerry's vocab. Ultimately, Jerry wont fire MM and will not move on for Dak so we at least have another year of this S***Show but hopefully not more than that.

Cydios

Reaction score

JMO
I think Jerry should just give him a blank check...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Two serious questions:
1. Why should any Cowboys fan believe Jerry will make any big changes? (I fully expect Big Mac to be back- not that I agree with that, it’s just that Jerry hates to change HCs he’s comfortable with)

2. Does it really matter who the HC is if nothing else changes in how this organization is run? (Since our last SB, we’ve had 6 different HCs, 8 different OCs, 8 different DCs. Why should we expect the next one will be the winner?)
Why even watch?

We have to have hope at the very least and currently all hope is gone.

You can’t just run it back. Simple as that.

No changes means no changes.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wouldn't limit him to just Bill who's been a below average head coach when he doesn't have the best QB of all time.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

JMO
Is it Belichick's 29-37 record over the last 4 years that makes you say this?

As for Jerry, is there anyone that doesn't already think he is a problem?

visionary

Reaction score

JMO
IF? LOL, anyone with even half a brain already knows Jerry and Stephen are the problem. Only an idiot still needs proof of it
:laugh:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why even watch?

We have to have hope at the very least and currently all hope is gone.

You can’t just run it back. Simple as that.

No changes means no changes.
Jerry ran it back with Garrett after three straight 8-8 seasons, and only making the playoffs 3 times in a decade.

In that decade, there was nothing more than making cosmetic changes like Garrett no longer calling plays, making Bill Callahan the offensive guru, bringing in Scott Linehan, multiple defensive coordinators.

We’ve seen this movie many times. The next sequel starts in July.

stinkface

Reaction score
What has BB done without the best QB of all time? PS. Not much. I'm not sure he's an upgrade over MM at this point. This is a young coaches game. Look at the playoff teams left. All of them have a relatively young coach except for KC.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Bellycheat won’t come here. JJ won’t give an inch of control away. He will let Quinn go and bring in another DC of his choosing. MM will be on hot seat. JJ will likely take playcalling away from him and give to shotty. Just please bring me a good O-Line coach. Call Bill Calloway and pay the man. Heck give him assistant HC position. And let someone else handle clock management.. I can’t watch MM blow clock management anymore..

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Jerry should be putting feelers out there behind the scenes to see if it is possible to land Belichick.

Anyone who doesn't think he runs circles around McCarthy hasn't been paying attention for the last 20 years.

ICP

Reaction score
Belichick will probably be signed by another club before we ever hear whether McCarthy is staying or not.

CCBoy

Reaction score

JMO
Buy the team and make your changes.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Belichick will probably be signed by another club before we ever hear whether McCarthy is staying or not.
Good, that's their problem, not the Cowboys. Not into demolition derbies.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Two serious questions:
1. Why should any Cowboys fan believe Jerry will make any big changes? (I fully expect Big Mac to be back- not that I agree with that, it’s just that Jerry hates to change HCs he’s comfortable with)

2. Does it really matter who the HC is if nothing else changes in how this organization is run? (Since our last SB, we’ve had 6 different HCs, 8 different OCs, 8 different DCs. Why should we expect the next one will be the winner?)
1. He is the owner and is not a fool. The term you use is not analysis but the bottom line complaint gone dysfunction. Give up if that is your catch all at present. You live for complaining?

2. Head Coach is at the heart of the team...and his role is very relevant. I don't invest in failure and leaving improvement out of the picture for both the Dallas Cowboys or Jerry Jones. Think Texas is stupid for challenging the Federal Government on leaving them all the cost of policy? Jerry isn't stupid as well...

Kingofholland

Reaction score

JMO
Because he didn't go after a 72 year old coach who would tie for the oldest in NFL history? Personally I wonder how motivated a 72 year coach is, has the game passed him by? Belichick is the most succesful coach in NFL history, but just like older players, you're likely not getting the performance that lives up to the name.