If Jerry doesn't go after Belichick hard, it proves that Jerry is the problem

MS17

Reaction score
Jerry ran it back with Garrett after three straight 8-8 seasons, and only making the playoffs 3 times in a decade.

In that decade, there was nothing more than making cosmetic changes like Garrett no longer calling plays, making Bill Callahan the offensive guru, bringing in Scott Linehan, multiple defensive coordinators.

We’ve seen this movie many times. The next sequel starts in July.
Yes. That was the "lost decade". The decade of freezing your own kicker. 8-8s. magic clapping hands.
It's all enough to relapse the PTSD some fans had from that era.

Creeper

Reaction score
I believe strongly that Jerry will reach out to Belichick and Harbaugh. Of that I have no doubt. But I also believe he will decide to stick with McCarthy after talking to those two coaches. They will want more than Jerry is willing to concede, in control, not money. So after getting kind of a turndown from those two coaching candidates, Jerry will make some statements about having confidence in MM and how he has brought consistency and stability to Dallas. He will use the word stability multiple times to make his point. We will never hear about those phone calls because Jerry will try to keep it from his current coaches, for obvious reasons.

I just hope he does not decide to dump MM and replace him with Dan Quinn.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Two serious questions:
1. Why should any Cowboys fan believe Jerry will make any big changes? (I fully expect Big Mac to be back- not that I agree with that, it’s just that Jerry hates to change HCs he’s comfortable with)

2. Does it really matter who the HC is if nothing else changes in how this organization is run? (Since our last SB, we’ve had 6 different HCs, 8 different OCs, 8 different DCs. Why should we expect the next one will be the winner?)
PLEASE PIN THIS...group the Dak sucks-MM sucks and the venting dribble to one thread AND MAKE people realize this...we are not a QB/HC/DC/OC/DT/LB/WR/Scheme away..WE ARE A GM AWAY FROM WINNING ANYTHING..and have been for 28 years...

FVSTONE

Reaction score
If Jerry doesn't go after B.B. hard, it proves to me that Jerry is the problem in Dallas and we will win NOTHING while he is charge.

JMO
JJ isn't going to hire anyone who expects to have full control over personnel decisions and Belichick is the type of HC who would demand that! Look for Belichick to sign with a team that has a sensible owner, who wants to win and will give up FULL control over their team to the dream maker...............

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What has BB done without the best QB of all time? PS. Not much. I'm not sure he's an upgrade over MM at this point. This is a young coaches game. Look at the playoff teams left. All of them have a relatively young coach except for KC.
He can’t play the games for the players..

Also, the Patriots roster was headed south in a hurry.

It was so bad that Tom didn’t play up to his standard and everyone told him he should retire but he jumped shipped to a stacked roster in need of a QB.

Belichick is beyond great at what he does and if you think they won all those Superbowls because of Tom then you don’t know football.

What Belichick can not do is team build. So don’t let him do it.

X’s and O’s and preparing a team there is no one better.

stinkface

Reaction score
He can’t play the games for the players..

Also, the Patriots roster was headed south in a hurry.

It was so bad that Tom didn’t play up to his standard and everyone told him he should retire but he jumped shipped to a stacked roster in need of a QB.

Belichick is beyond great at what he does and if you think they won all those Superbowls because of Tom then you don’t know football.

What Belichick can not do is team build. So don’t let him do it.

X’s and O’s and preparing a team there is no one better.
He shopped for the groceries and he shopped poorly. If he goes anywhere, he will just be a coach and not the GM. Tom left because he knew there wasn't much talent on the team anymore. BB was the reason there wasn't much talent. No doubt he was a great coach, but having a first ballot HOF QB helped a ton.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Hiring Belichick is the same thing he always does. Re-Tread coach who's glory days are behind him.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Isn‘t Jerry Jones the poster child for constantly running it back? Not running it back would be for Jerry to completely change his role with this team. Anyone expect that? Then expect a “run it back” scenario.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keeping Garrett for 12 years should have been a clue
giphy.gif

Loso86

Reaction score
If Jerry doesn't go after B.B. hard, it proves to me that Jerry is the problem in Dallas and we will win NOTHING while he is charge.

JMO
Lol cause he doesn't go after the one coach YOU want

Swagger

Reaction score
Bill is obviously a great Head Coach. One of if not the greatest of all time. But does he have much more juice in the tank? Has football moved on from his old school style? Do the modern day players respond kindly to it?

Just playing devil's advocate.

TheCritic

Reaction score
LOL at those of you who believe that a 71 year old burnout is the answer to the Cowboys problems.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Look, we all know Jerry is the worst owner and GM in football. But if THIS historic humiliation, this unthinkable performance, his talk of "we'll see how each game goes"...if this isn't enough to move the needle, I will have no choice but to assume he WANTS to lose. And I mean that.

mathew1184

Reaction score

JMO
I agree. If we try this again with the same staff, I’m going to have a hard time getting excited for next year.