If Jerry had hired BB or Harbaugh, would you be excited about next season?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If Jerry had hired BB or Harbaugh, would you be excited about next season? Or does keeping Mike more exciting to you ??

I would have been shocked but elated at hiring either of those two.
But now even though I dont care about cowboys that much currently, Mike coming back makes for a boring season in 24.
Nothing to get excited about.

I dont care what they do with dak lol, extend him for 10 years at 70 mil a year, I dont care, it isnt going to be exciting or fun with mike back.

I will find other teams to root for in the playoffs, I have almost 30 years experience in that now.

I think we all can assume more of he same, since all the same people and players are coming back next year with the same guy leading them.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

JustChip

Reaction score
I’ll be excited. I’m always excited. But my expectations aren’t going to be as high.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
Nothing will excite me until the O isn’t one dimensional, and the D can consistently stop runs up the middle.

Thats one reason Dak looks bad at times, good teams take away first options, then where does he go when the timing is 3-second based and you have nothing guarding you from RT, RG and the C is undersized and can’t control his gaps?

If neither is addressed, I can see this team imploding mid-season.

kevm3

Reaction score
At a minimum, it'd be entertaining and would give me incentive to tune in. We already know what's going to happen next year. We'll probably beat up on cream puffs and melt in the face of physicality and 'maybe' get to the 2nd round at most.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I'm not as sold on Harbaugh as some. Bill, how could you not be interested to see how that would go?

I'm guessing the fundamentals of defense would at least get addressed with BB.

I'm not sure even Bill would excite me though unless the Jones stopped all participation in football operations or speaking about it. Still wouldn't be excited if Dak remains. No, he's not the only issue but he is the only one that plays the most important position.

MS17

Reaction score
BB or Harbaugh as HC would've made for some interesting PCs, and off season. As of right now, I'm seeing revivals of the Dave Campo 5-11 seasons again.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Not really. This team has had coach after coach since Jimmy, including a hall of famer, and the results don't change.

Belichick would've been interesting. I'd have actively rooted against Jim Harbaugh.

Retro88

Reaction score
Absolutely. I love football and I'll cheer our guys on but bc we're just running it back I won't be no where near invested. Having a coach I completely believe in would of changed that.

kskboys

Reaction score
Absolutely. Not only that, I would've refreshed my Cowboys gear. Jerry is losing a ton of money by going w/ the status quo.

Let's see, which CB's and TE's can we take in the first two rounds this year? No use trying to stop that being run over by other teams, might hurt their feelings if they lose to us.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
I wouldn’t expect much but it would show me they take winning a championship seriously. As it stands now I feel Jerry could have taken the field after the end of the last game of the season, stood on the star mid field and gave every fan in the stadium the double barrel middle finger and laughed and everyone financing their personal seat licenses for their season tickets. Jerry will be fine financially but they are the ones who are going to get hurt.

The difference between this letdown and years past is this time the average fan who barely pays attention after the season ends now knows this team is a joke. There is no way to hide it anymore.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If Jerry had hired BB or Harbaugh, would you be excited about next season? Or does keeping Mike more exciting to you ??

I would have been shocked but elated at hiring either of those two.
But now even though I dont care about cowboys that much currently, Mike coming back makes for a boring season in 24.
Nothing to get excited about.

I dont care what they do with dak lol, extend him for 10 years at 70 mil a year, I dont care, it isnt going to be exciting or fun with mike back.

I will find other teams to root for in the playoffs, I have almost 30 years experience in that now.

I think we all can assume more of he same, since all the same people and players are coming back next year with the same guy leading them.
I wouldn't have been excited but I would've been intrigued to see how it ended though i'm pretty sure it would've ended how it has for the past 28 years. But like every other coach I wanted to see if they could win in spite of Jerry.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
I would have taken literally ANYONE over Fat Mike. Jerry just sent the worst message he could possibly send to the team, and the fans. He had the audacity to act like there would be consequence if we lost in the playoffs...then we lost in a historic blowout, a true pathetic effort, and he rewards the coach. And he's not done disappointing, not by a long shot.