If JJ gets traded would you guys welcome Clinton Portis?

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
I hate Portis, his costumes last year was some of the most unfunny, childish drivel I have ever seen. He brings out the worst in me, as hearing he was hurt made me smile. It's not even becasuse he's a Skins player.

http://cache.********.com/sports/portistutu.jpg

What the hell is this?

Reaction score
I would take Portis in a heartbeat... has complete package of speed, quickness, burst and hands. He just takes too much punishment.

I think Juluis will stay for the remainder of his contract. If he is unloaded, then a RB that can block and has burst is a MUST in draft.. Whether that be 2007 or 2008.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
juckie;1244900 said:
omg hell yes.portis is light years better than jules.

hes better than probably 90% of backs in this league...

but how in the hell would we be able to afford him and keep all our players...I don't see this as being realistic, especially if MBIII demands big money for leading the NFC in touchdowns

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Future 585;1244988 said:
hes better than probably 90% of backs in this league...

but how in the hell would we be able to afford him and keep all our players...I don't see this as being realistic, especially if MBIII demands big money for leading the NFC in touchdowns
We have plenty of cap room.

It's not happening though so it doesn't matter.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
theogt;1244992 said:
We have plenty of cap room.

It's not happening though so it doesn't matter.

Maybe now, but I'm thinking down the line when we need to resign guys like Romo, Ware, RW, MBIII, etc.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
jr3153;1244858 said:
The other nite, NFL Network showed Barber's rushing yards by quarter. He had the most in the 3rd and 4th. He gets alot of carries against the defense when they are tired and worn a bit. quote]

I would be willing to bet that he gets the majority of his carries in the 3rd and 4th quarter, thus more yards.

More carries = more yards where i come from

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Future 585;1244999 said:
Maybe now, but I'm thinking down the line when we need to resign guys like Romo, Ware, RW, MBIII, etc.
Most of those guys are under contract. Romo will likely carry a larger cap number next year than his current contract, but even with a significant increase, we'd still have plenty of room.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
theogt;1245007 said:
Most of those guys are under contract. Romo will likely carry a larger cap number next year than his current contract, but even with a significant increase, we'd still have plenty of room.

Well I'm not a cap expert so I will take your word for it. I was just assuming that in the next few years a lot of these guys' contracts will be up and will need to be redone. Especially guys that are still on their rookie contracts like ware, barber, canty, spears

then there's columbo, gurode, a pass rusher, and guys we draft this year...just seems to me like in the next 2-3 years that cap room is gonna get much smaller.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Hostile;1245063 said:
A retread has nothing to do with age.
Well, he doesn't have much mileage on him. That's typically what people mean when they're talking about retread.

If you simply don't want a free agent running back, I don't understand why. Maybe you could shed some light on that.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theogt;1245078 said:
Well, he doesn't have much mileage on him. That's typically what people mean when they're talking about retread.

If you simply don't want a free agent running back, I don't understand why. Maybe you could shed some light on that.
I do not like retreads. As for not much mileage on him he did go on IR this year with shoulder surgery and other issues. Once a RB starts breaking down, even a little bit I don't want him.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Hostile;1245116 said:
I do not like retreads. As for not much mileage on him he did go on IR this year with shoulder surgery and other issues. Once a RB starts breaking down, even a little bit I don't want him.
Makes sense. I don't think he's had a lot of worrisome injuries, though. The shoulder problem isn't really an issue.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theogt;1245147 said:
Makes sense. I don't think he's had a lot of worrisome injuries, though. The shoulder problem isn't really an issue.
Any time a RB has surgery I am leery.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Hostile;1245151 said:
Any time a RB has surgery I am leery.
Yeah, but it's amazing what they could do nowadays. Check out Frank Gore. Just about everyone gave up on that guy. He blew out BOTH KNEES.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hell no. We don't want or need Portis. He is nothing but injury prone. Specifically he has shoulder issues that will shorten his career.