If Kennedy makes this team we are in trouble

StoneyBurk

Reaction score
Our Ol must be stinking it up pretty bad if a 36 yr old can get up off his couch
after three yrs and make this team !

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
StoneyBurk said:
Our Ol must be stinking it up pretty bad if a 36 yr old can get up off his couch

While you over simplify things......

I would tend to agree, I'd be more alarmed about it if he does make the roster.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Depends on what they sign him to play. If OT, then yes, I think so.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thae fact that he's here at all is enough to send up some flags.:banghead:

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
noshame said:

Why?

Because HE called Parcells to ask for a tryout?

For all we know, it could be Bill simply doing him a favor and letting him try out, out of respect. Or it could be we might be slightly interested and may as well see what he has.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
noshame said:

Well, I think we were in trouble at the Guard spot going into camp. Tackle, I think there was hope that we had good starting potential and good depth. I still think that could turn out to be the case. At Guard, I just think were in the same place we were before which is not great IMO.

joseephuss

Reaction score
StoneyBurk said:

You are so wrong. He is 35. :D

slick325

Reaction score
That's not necessarily true. Offensive lineman can play well in to their mid to late thirties or early forties. Look at Jackie Slater, Bruce Matthews, Ray Brown, Ray Donaldson etc...

Now if Emmitt Smith or Barry Sanders or Eric Dickerson came in and beat out Tyson Thompson, Marion Barber III or Julius Jones then there is a problem! Or if Deion Sanders, Darrell Green or Rod Woodson came in and beat out A. Glenn, A. Henry or TNew then we are in big trouble! Same goes for an older wideout (Cris Carter, M. Irvin, Tim Brown or Jerry Rice) beating out Crayton or T. Glenn or T.O.

I worry more about the positions where speed and agility are a necessity than OL or even QB.

That said, I hope this OL comes together and can be considered decent if not good or great.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are in trouble if he makes the team...because Jerry will have to double up on the food bill. :p:

On a serious note...If he does sign here I think it will be only for backup/insurance at the OG position.

A chance that even if he is signed that he may never play, but I just don't think they have much faith in the backup OGs they have on the line right now other than possibly Gurode.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
slick325 said:
That's not necessarily true. Offensive lineman can play well in to their mid to late thirties or early forties. Look at Jackie Slater, Bruce Matthews, Ray Brown, Ray Donaldson etc...

Now if Emmitt Smith or Barry Sanders or Eric Dickerson came in and beat out Tyson Thompson, Marion Barber III or Julius Jones then there is a problem! Or if Deion Sanders, Darrell Green or Rod Woodson came in and beat out A. Glenn, A. Henry or TNew then we are in big trouble! Same goes for an older wideout (Cris Carter, M. Irvin, Tim Brown or Jerry Rice) beating out Crayton or T. Glenn or T.O.

I worry more about the positions where speed and agility are a necessity than OL or even QB.

That said, I hope this OL comes together and can be considered decent if not good or great.
I agree with this..

I wouldn't be alarmed if Kennedy makes the team at all.. the guy is a Pro Bowl talent.. 35 isn't that old for an O-Lineman.. he only retired because of injuries, not because he lost a step.. so if he passes the physical, that means that injuries are not a concern at this point.. his talent has never been the issue.. he was still playing at a Pro Bowl level when he retired..

chicago JK

Reaction score
Hey it is a gamble but it doesn't hurt to take a look. In all liklihood he is too long away from the game but you never know. Are the Broncos in trouble because they signed a lineman who has been sitting on his couch for the past year? Teams just look for options and will try to uncover any rock possible.

America's Team

Florida Cowboy
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
I agree with this..

I wouldn't be alarmed if Kennedy makes the team at all.. the guy is a Pro Bowl talent.. 35 isn't that old for an O-Lineman.. he only retired because of injuries, not because he lost a step.. so if he passes the physical, that means that injuries are not a concern at this point.. his talent has never been the issue.. he was still playing at a Pro Bowl level when he retired..

yeah and in an article i read it said he was workin out all summer

sago1

Reaction score
Only thing I know about Kennedy is he's 35, been out of football for 2 years and was a pro bowl OT before he retired. Of course Larry Allen was a pro bowler and we let him go cause he wasn't the LA of former years.

We could be taking a look at Kennedy simply cause he asked us to or we want see what he can do if we need him later in the regular season OR Parcells concerned about Fabini's performance to date. I think somebody posted elsewhere that Kennedy played OG for Raiders; if true and depending on how he looks, could he bring versitility to the OL by playing either OG/OT position. Heck, has he ever played C? Also depends on how cheap we can get him. I'm not turning up my nose at any player who can help us.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
StoneyBurk said:

I think it more likely means that Bustini is a POS and shouldn't have been signed.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
America's Team said:
yeah and in an article i read it said he was workin out all summer

What it really means by looking at this player is, it's "doom and gloom" on the Oline, and the season is going to be lost! It must mean that...just ask around!

There is nothing wrong with looking at someone...if I remember correctly, that is what a team is supposed to do. Leave no stone unturned...however, to some people, they take this news to mean the the Oline stinks and we are doomed to failure...

:star:

Reaction score
Maybe since Parcells seems to be unpleasantly surprised with Fabini's output, he sees it as a chance to still fill a roster spot with an accomplished veteran presence. Since Fabini ain't cutting it, maybe Kennedy will.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
We are in trouble if he makes the team...because Jerry will have to double up on the food bill. :p:

On a serious note...If he does sign here I think it will be only for backup/insurance at the OG position.

A chance that even if he is signed that he may never play, but I just don't think they have much faith in the backup OGs they have on the line right now other than possibly Gurode.

That's exactly the point, he is being looked at for depth purposes IMO. Let's say Gurode wins the starting C position, then who do you have as depth at Guard. Reports are the BP snarls everythime someone mentions Petersen, so it's not him.

God forbid something happens and Kosier has to play tackle, then what do you do.

They are working the bottom of the roster not the starters.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Evidently it was Kennedy's agent who contacted Dallas. He will be given a look and if he can show he can still do the job and earn a spot I don't see that as a bad thing.

Go Big D!

Destination End Zone
Reaction score
I've seen a couple of people bent out of shape over this (not just here) and I just don't see what it would hurt to bring him in for a look. If for anything, depth.

Where's the problem in doing so?