If Kennedy makes this team we are in trouble

boysfanindc

Reaction score
BARRYRAY said:
My thoughts are on his worse day he's so much better than last years right tackle its not funny, I'm sorry to all the Rob lovers but he was the worse right tackle in the NFC last year, if I'm not mistaken he gave up the most sacks, honestly we're in our two year run here on offense, TO and Bledsoe are in the last years of their prime, its now or never, if he's 3/4 of the player he was it would be more than we got last year. Besides he'll be making lass than LA thats for sure...

By all reports physically he has taken bigger steps then anyone on the team and he has played fairly well in camp so far.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Tucker was worse- gave up more sacks in less playing time and did not have the excuse of being a rookie, etc.

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
If he's reasonably inexpensive, why not? I don't think it's alarming at all. We all know our OL is still iffy. Yes, yes, LA is gone, could been kept, blah blah blah. Bottom line is he was too expensive & Parcells didn't want him. But it never hurts to have some depth at ALL of our positions. We've already lost a TE for the year, seen Beriault is still pretty gimpy, have questions about Flo. If this guy is healthy & rested, he'd be a solid safety blanket. I don't think it necessarily means our OL is in trouble. Every team worth its salt checks out their options at all the positions & tries to keep a Rolodex, if nothing else, of possible people to call should an injury occur. They might be checking him out for that--as someone to call in the future should an injury occur.

MONT17

Reaction score
I think most people who think the OL was fine about a month ago... feel they need to protect those "I think the OL is fine" threads they took the time to bore us with.... I dont wanna name any names but u know who u are!!!

Stickin your head in the sand is not going to make the OL better signing guys who can play will!

Big ROB may be the guy at RT but based on last year he has to make leaps and bounds... and it doesnt matter if he played better than TUCKER, Tucker is gone and he reeked! Tucker is not the standard... and until Cowboy fans understand that the OL standards have to be raised there will always be people who think/hope the OL is fine with what we have!

I dont know if LinK can help but considering what we have... Columbo was cut... Fabini was cut... Big ROB almost didnt get drafted & led the league in sacks... PETERMAN gets no respect from the coach... ALJ has to weigh 400 lbs... Gurode has zero focus... Rivera Old/Good as dirt... Kosier, the Teams coach liked him!!!

not a good mix... but good luck with that!!!

boysfanindc

Reaction score
MONT17 said:
I think most people who think the OL was fine about a month ago... feel they need to protect those "I think the OL is fine" threads they took the time to bore us with.... I dont wanna name any names but u know who u are!!!

Stickin your head in the sand is not going to make the OL better signing guys who can play will!

Big ROB may be the guy at RT but based on last year he has to make leaps and bounds... and it doesnt matter if he played better than TUCKER, Tucker is gone and he reeked! Tucker is not the standard... and until Cowboy fans understand that the OL standards have to be raised there will always be people who think/hope the OL is fine with what we have!

I dont know if LinK can help but considering what we have... Columbo was cut... Fabini was cut... Big ROB almost didnt get drafted & led the league in sacks... PETERMAN gets no respect from the coach... ALJ has to weigh 400 lbs... Gurode has zero focus... Rivera Old/Good as dirt... Kosier, the Teams coach liked him!!!

not a good mix... but good luck with that!!!

I can actually write a plausabile story for it working well and not so well.

Well:

Rivera a year out from back surgery plays back to his old form.

FA, is recovered and plays 100 times better then his replacements od last year.

Kosier, while not pancaking people, plays well in space and pulls which adds a new dimension to the running game.

Johnson, not hurt and with added girth or Gurode finally getting it hold doen the C position

Pettit is much improved now he has a NFL body.

Added depth Columbu, Proctor & Fabini.

Having tackles play better the whole line improves.

Unfortunately I can also see one or two of those things not going so well.

Hence the reason it does not hurt to look at LK.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Tucker was worse- gave up more sacks in less playing time and did not have the excuse of being a rookie, etc.

I would take Linc Kennedy playing in his NFL Network suit and wingtips over Tucker.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Tucker took the title of worst Cowboy tackle away from the previous undisputed champion : Phil Pozderac.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I have read on a couple of blogs that Kennedy did not look good and that is that. Now of course these are blogs so......

skinsscalper

Reaction score
As stated before, this look at Kennedy has alot more to do with Fabini than it has to do with any of the other players that we have on the roster. It's no secret that Fabini sucked at Mini camp and he's obviously brought the encore to training camp.

To bring in a former Pro-Bowler for a look doesn't say a single negative thing about the state of our O-line. Some people sround here were just straight giddy that we were going to give Meadows a look (claiming that we were FINALLY giving the O-line some attention), but the look at Kennedy is a waste of time and spells the doom of our O-line. Man, I'll bet there are less drama queens at a gay pride rally. "The sky is falling, the sky is falling we..... brought in an offensive lineman to give a look see". Puhlease.

SS

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Tucker took the title of worst Cowboy tackle away from the previous undisputed champion : *deleted*.
If you are going to use his name, please spell it like this: Ph*l P@zd&rAc

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Parcells seems optimistic about the line and I trust him. Things may look a little shaky right now, but come on guys we are what 3 days into camp it will improve. I think we are MUCH deeper when it comes to depth at the O-line this year than last year... so thats a posative

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
StoneyBurk said:
Our Ol must be stinking it up pretty bad if a 36 yr old can get up off his couch
after three yrs and make this team !
He failed his physical so you should be happy.

jimmy40

Reaction score
abersonc said:
The problem is that the Chicken Littles take any excuse to go crazy.
I don't know what's funnier, the Chicken Littles or the Kevin Bacons.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Didn't LA fail his physicals.....year after year for awhile? :)

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
I thought desperation hit when Columbo was signed, but the fact that we are even interested in Kennedy says to me that we have big problems. And regarding Columbo, even when he was healthy the Bears never thought that highly of him or else they would have kept him around after his injuries. He shouldnt have been a first round pick, but Jerry Angelo is a terrible general manager and had just cut the existing starting tackle. I wouldnt expect anything from him.