If Kennedy makes this team we are in trouble

1fisher

Reaction score
Vintage said:
Why?

Because HE called Parcells to ask for a tryout?

For all we know, it could be Bill simply doing him a favor and letting him try out, out of respect. Or it could be we might be slightly interested and may as well see what he has.

Vintage...... you speaketh the truth!:D

AbeBeta

Reaction score
xoSILVERxBLUEox said:
I've seen a couple of people bent out of shape over this (not just here) and I just don't see what it would hurt to bring him in for a look. If for anything, depth.

Where's the problem in doing so?

The problem is that the Chicken Littles take any excuse to go crazy.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I find it comical that "we are in trouble if Kennedy makes the team" after the Tackle play we had last year.

I mean seriously, if we had had a vet like Kennedy on the team last year instead of either of our tackles we would have been much better.

For you guys who did not notice, we had no depth at T last year, and we brought in an oft injured young player and an old vet who is not looking so good so far and got rid of one of our own.

Many people criticized BP for the lack of depth at T last year, And I agree with that and now, when he tries to get depth, it is looked at as a big problem with our current line.

What gives!!!!

superpunk

Reaction score
xoSILVERxBLUEox said:
I've seen a couple of people bent out of shape over this (not just here) and I just don't see what it would hurt to bring him in for a look. If for anything, depth.

Where's the problem in doing so?

If we look at it that way, then we can't **** our pants.

Don't you dare try to take that away from us.

burmafrd

Reaction score
To start with Columbo was injured ONCE- it was bad but only once. So calling him oft injured is WRONG. Now as regards Kennedy- its called churning the bottom of the roster- something BP does all the time. This guy was a Pro Bowl player at OT, and I think at Guard as well. If he has anything left in the tank then WHY NOT? The SAME people screaming about this are the SAME people claiming we did nothing about the O line. HYPOCRISY, thine is clear in the mirror.

Angus

Reaction score
The look-see is not necessarily for the present situation. Nobody knows who might get hurt down the line. Parcells likes to know about people he might call on later if it becomes necessary. It is good business to see what Kennedy has got.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Colombo has played in 18 games in 3 years, so while he may not have been injured often he is often injured!

Go Big D!

Destination End Zone
Reaction score
superpunk said:
If we look at it that way, then we can't **** our pants.

Don't you dare try to take that away from us.

I'm such a party pooper :p:

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I've heard that about you SxBox. But hey, what's a little poop among friends?

Anyhow, I don't get it. It appears the guy that we brought in to be our vet depth isn't looking so hot, and his lame performance from minicamp has carried over to the beginning of training camp. Now we do have Marc Colombo, who it seems like we have heard a lot of positives about, but he is a big injury risk. So bringing in a former Pro Bowl level player in for a looksee just in case we should need someone should be viewed as a positive in my opinion.

If he doesn't work out, oh well. It's not your money or my money that is going to be lost. And the money is likely to be a relatively small amount.

There is absolutely nothing negative in bringing him in.

Go Big D!

Destination End Zone
Reaction score
Fla Cowpoke said:
I've heard that about you SxBox. But hey, what's a little poop among friends?
Then you know that I'm a good girl and always on my best behavior, lol!

So bringing in a former Pro Bowl level player in for a looksee just in case we should need someone should be viewed as a positive in my opinion.

If he doesn't work out, oh well. It's not your money or my money that is going to be lost. And the money is likely to be a relatively small amount.

There is absolutely nothing negative in bringing him in.

Exactly. If he blows chunks then buh-bye.
If he's viable, then we get the chance to sign him before Danny boy does.

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
To start with Columbo was injured ONCE- it was bad but only once. So calling him oft injured is WRONG. Now as regards Kennedy- its called churning the bottom of the roster- something BP does all the time. This guy was a Pro Bowl player at OT, and I think at Guard as well. If he has anything left in the tank then WHY NOT? The SAME people screaming about this are the SAME people claiming we did nothing about the O line. HYPOCRISY, thine is clear in the mirror.

We sould have drafted an offensive lineman in the 1st round; along with a quarterback; and a running back; and a safety, and a defensive tackle.

Does that sound unrealistic?

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
slick325 said:
That's not necessarily true. Offensive lineman can play well in to their mid to late thirties or early forties. Look at Jackie Slater, Bruce Matthews, Ray Brown, Ray Donaldson etc...

Now if Emmitt Smith or Barry Sanders or Eric Dickerson came in and beat out Tyson Thompson, Marion Barber III or Julius Jones then there is a problem! Or if Deion Sanders, Darrell Green or Rod Woodson came in and beat out A. Glenn, A. Henry or TNew then we are in big trouble! Same goes for an older wideout (Cris Carter, M. Irvin, Tim Brown or Jerry Rice) beating out Crayton or T. Glenn or T.O.

I worry more about the positions where speed and agility are a necessity than OL or even QB.

That said, I hope this OL comes together and can be considered decent if not good or great.

GOOD POINT:bow:

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
We are in trouble if he makes the team...because Jerry will have to double up on the food bill. :p:

On a serious note...If he does sign here I think it will be only for backup/insurance at the OG position.

A chance that even if he is signed that he may never play, but I just don't think they have much faith in the backup OGs they have on the line right now other than possibly Gurode.

GOOD POINT:bow:

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
I agree with this..

I wouldn't be alarmed if Kennedy makes the team at all.. the guy is a Pro Bowl talent.. 35 isn't that old for an O-Lineman.. he only retired because of injuries, not because he lost a step.. so if he passes the physical, that means that injuries are not a concern at this point.. his talent has never been the issue.. he was still playing at a Pro Bowl level when he retired..

TRUE:bow:

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
johnnybluestar said:
Maybe since Parcells seems to be unpleasantly surprised with Fabini's output, he sees it as a chance to still fill a roster spot with an accomplished veteran presence. Since Fabini ain't cutting it, maybe Kennedy will.
Yeah. That's my guess. Signing Kennedy doesn't mean the Cowboys are in trouble, but it might mean that Fabini is in trouble ...

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
My thoughts are on his worse day he's so much better than last years right tackle its not funny, I'm sorry to all the Rob lovers but he was the worse right tackle in the NFC last year, if I'm not mistaken he gave up the most sacks, honestly we're in our two year run here on offense, TO and Bledsoe are in the last years of their prime, its now or never, if he's 3/4 of the player he was it would be more than we got last year. Besides he'll be making lass than LA thats for sure...