If lose 3-4 of next 5. Need to tank

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How many of you would like if your kid's team would lose on purpose for the next group of kids? I know, these aren't kid's, bit most are fighting for their jobs on a daily basis. They don't all have guaranteed contract

chasecooley5308

Reaction score
How many of you would like if your kid's team would lose on purpose for the next group of kids? I know, these aren't kid's, bit most are fighting for their jobs on a daily basis. They don't all have guaranteed contract
who's fighting? nobody on defense thats for sure

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Threw so much away when they signed that contract right before the season started. Without that, then yes, options would be open to make big changes.

RS12

Reaction score
Well Prescott is 23 and 4 career vs the Gnats and Commodes. If they lose Thursday, the team is in deep trouble.

cavemanct

Reaction score
This is actually how a winning organization would think. You take the rollercoaster approach and have 4 bad years followed by 5-10 good and repeat.

Jerry doesn’t want a championship, he wants relevance and revenue
This guy gets it. It's about the limelight and money. Jerry doesn't care about winning.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Too late now. The best course of action would be to target Arch Manning when he enters the draft. Hopefully, it will be in three or four years right when Dallas can get out of Dak’s contract. The stars are aligning as long as he doesn’t leave Texas early. Go all-in for him and his rookie contract will counter Daks dead money.

I mean, it is right there staring them in the face. But, those two braniacs don’t have it in them to pull it off. I expect an old Mayfield to take over after Dak! :muttley:

garyo1954

Reaction score
If we lose 3-4 of the next 5 we don''t need to tank. We're plenty bad enough to play to win and lose fair and square!

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
No need to "tank" when you can't stop the run, can't run, your "offensive guru" head coach has no plays, and your seasoned, grizzled DC looks like he has zero answers.

You'll just lose.

Every coaching staff besides the Cowboys will watch the tape from the last two weeks, see the flaws, and then do something about it.

The Giants are feeling pretty good going into this week. The Cowboys should win BUT the Giants very much believe the Cowboys are beatable. After that, it's six straight opponents that will be favored to beat the Cowboys. If we're being honest, we all know how well this team handles adversity. I will be surprised if McCarthy is still the Head Coach on Thanksgiving

nobody

Reaction score
No need to "tank" when you can't stop the run, can't run, your "offensive guru" head coach has no plays, and your seasoned, grizzled DC looks like he has zero answers.

You'll just lose.

Every coaching staff besides the Cowboys will watch the tape from the last two weeks, see the flaws, and then do something about it.

The Giants are feeling pretty good going into this week. The Cowboys should win BUT the Giants very much believe the Cowboys are beatable. After that, it's six straight opponents that will be favored to beat the Cowboys. If we're being honest, we all know how well this team handles adversity. I will be surprised if McCarthy is still the Head Coach on Thanksgiving
Don't forget to add in to that list when your 60 million "elite" QB is only good against 4th quarter prevent defenses.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Don't forget to add in to that list when your 60 million "elite" QB is only good against 4th quarter prevent defenses.
I like all the great plays that McCarthy calls the first 3 quarters to get the offense right and attacks the defense. Oh wait.

Dak has his share of issues, accuracy being the main one, BUT he has zero help from the sideline, and unfortunately this year a defense that gets no turnovers and can't stop anyone.

nobody

Reaction score
I like all the great plays that McCarthy calls the first 3 quarters to get the offense right and attacks the defense. Oh wait.

Dak has his share of issues, accuracy being the main one, BUT he has zero help from the sideline, and unfortunately this year a defense that gets no turnovers and can't stop anyone.
It's been stated multiple times that Garrett, Moore, and McCarthy had to simplify their offenses for Dak. He just doesn't go through the reads fast enough most times against moderate to good defenses.

75boyz

Reaction score
This team ain’t good. D is pathetic. Trade parsons. Trade cooks to contender that wants wr. Tank for top 5 pick.
We reinvested 240 mil in a playoff phobic QB so we really can't do a proper draft pick rebuild without a legitimate franchise QB.

We're stuck.

Unless we pulled a Falcons deal when they already had Kirk Cousins but drafted Penix anyway. The same way the Chiefs took Mahommes while having Alex Smith or Arizona taking Murray after just having taken Rosen.

So, it can be done.
But its just not a Jerry move as his move to pay Dak would then be criticized as a possible mistake. And Jerry dont like that.

So,
enjoy these next 4 years as is.
LOL