If lose 3-4 of next 5. Need to tank

Aven8

Reaction score
This team ain’t good. D is pathetic. Trade parsons. Trade cooks to contender that wants wr. Tank for top 5 pick.
With the #1 overall pick in the 2025 NFL draft the Dallas Cowboys select…..best OT in college football…………..

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
He just doesn't go through the reads fast enough most times against moderate to good defenses.
Oh, I agree with this. Which is why I laugh at all the Trey Lance fan boys because this is his weakness as well, more so than Dak.
It's been stated multiple times that Garrett, Moore, and McCarthy
This I have not heard or read.

The offenses of those 3 "playcallers" have been referred to as simple by NFL analysts and opponents. If you recall, Romo's greatest success came when he started calling two plays every play and audibled out of Garrett's calls.

Garrett's offense relied on Norv Turner's 90s offense and heavily relied on basic route concepts and Romo (and then Dak) making a perfect read and throw.

Kellen Moore's offense had a little more creativity but he called plays just to call plays, with zero strategy or regard to what coverage the defense was in.

McCarthy is a fraud. He has no system. He changes with the wind and there's no foundation to build on. He can't simplify the system because his system has no basis. Aaron Rodgers said McCarthy is a "football idiot" and he's looking 100% accurate at this point.

I'm by no means letting Dak off the hook but go back and watch the plays. It's simple route concepts with a checkdown option. The WR's hardly get separation except for CeeDee or Brandon Cooks on longer routes where his long speed kicks in. Dalton Schultz and now Ferguson made/make a living off the constant checkdowns. There's no creativity to the plays. There are no zone beaters when needed, man beaters when needed. Watch Safeties when they play us. They never stress and they jump a ton of balls. It's all the same garbage.

jay94

Reaction score
This team ain’t good. D is pathetic. Trade parsons. Trade cooks to contender that wants wr. Tank for top 5 pick.

Cooks isn't getting you anything, he hasn't been that great his whole time and has been hit by father time.

offlimits

Reaction score
I predicted 8 wins before the season. Look at their schedule. I am not confident that they can win 8.

offlimits

Reaction score
We reinvested 240 mil in a playoff phobic QB so we really can't do a proper draft pick rebuild without a legitimate franchise QB.

We're stuck.

Unless we pulled a Falcons deal when they already had Kirk Cousins but drafted Penix anyway. The same way the Chiefs took Mahommes while having Alex Smith or Arizona taking Murray after just having taken Rosen.

So, it can be done.
But its just not a Jerry move as his move to pay Dak would then be criticized as a possible mistake. And Jerry dont like that.

So,
enjoy these next 4 years as is.
LOL
I think he will come out this year but give me Quinn Ewers.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
This is actually how a winning organization would think. You take the rollercoaster approach and have 4 bad years followed by 5-10 good and repeat.

Jerry doesn’t want a championship, he wants relevance and revenue
you dont need that long. you can do it in 2 with a normal team. but 4-5 here because they signed a mid QB that is about to go 6-11

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
We need to tank NOW. Build up a good team so we can draft a rookie QB to replace Dak in about 3/4 years.

Tank now: hire new coaches
Draft: LB/DT/O-linemen.

Tank Year 2:
Draft: RB, LB, DT, DE, more o-linemen,

tank year 3:
rookie qb (prime them to replace dak), wr, cb, safety.

tank year 4:
more offensive help and whatever else we need at that point in time.

our team should be primed by then. it will be a 4 year tank process however
Tank Year 5, more Dline help to REALLY get a dominant line

Tank Year 6 to replace aging Lamb in 2030

Tank Year 7, to replace the guys you got when you Tanked in Year1 (they're getting up there by this point)

Tank Year 8

Tank Year 9

And THEN, by Year TEN....we'll be good enough to make it to the Divisional Round before losing

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Do you even have a guy in mind worthy of that Top 5 pick? Or are you leaving that up to Jerry to figure out?

There is no QB in this upcoming draft worth a top 5 pick. May not even be one worth a RD1 pick

Flamma

Reaction score
What good is a top 5. We need a qb and that’s not happening
For a DT? We're going to have the same problems next year. The problem with Jerry is he tries to replace everyone through the draft. Getting a DT like Chris Jones late in the first or early second rarely happens. You got to move up for those guys. Like the Eagles did. Then it could still take a few years. Jordan Davis for the Eagles just showed up yesterday. Up until then he was on the wittiness protection program. Carter played good for them yesterday too. If those two come around, they'll be major trouble.

shabazz

Reaction score
Which makes the Dak extension before this season, arguably the dumbest decision Jerry has ever made. I think it may be worse that hiring Jason Garrett.
Yup.....if Jerry had let Dak play the season out instead of signing him, a new coach would have been able to have input on that signing.

Jerry's way of thinking is backwards......he decides the Qb.....the HC has no input

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
How many of you would like if your kid's team would lose on purpose for the next group of kids? I know, these aren't kid's, bit most are fighting for their jobs on a daily basis. They don't all have guaranteed contract
Maybe Dak should pay them out of his pocket.

pansophy

Reaction score
Never going to happen with coaches on a contract year. if They need new jobs next year they have to show that team improved over year.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Tank for what? They only plan Jerry is executing right now is how he is gonna sign #11 to the biggest defensive contract ever....

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
We need to tank NOW. Build up a good team so we can draft a rookie QB to replace Dak in about 3/4 years.

Tank now: hire new coaches
Draft: LB/DT/O-linemen.

Tank Year 2:
Draft: RB, LB, DT, DE, more o-linemen,

tank year 3:
rookie qb (prime them to replace dak), wr, cb, safety.

tank year 4:
more offensive help and whatever else we need at that point in time.

our team should be primed by then. it will be a 4 year tank process however
The only changes I would make are When a QB comes up take him.
RB in the second round.

As for the o-lineman - yes get Zack Martin replacement.
Let's wait and see how the current rookies / first years do with one year ad strength built up.