If LVE’s Career Is Finished

DuncanIso

Reaction score
That means we wasted the top draft pick from the last 3 drafts essentially, assuming we let Amari
Cooper walk (which is very likely now).

2017: Taco Charlton
2018: Leighton Vander-Esch
2019: Amari Cooper

Factor in who we drafted after the 1st round, and it’s starting to look like a crippling series of draft classes. Chidobe Awuzie, Conor Williams, Trysten Hill, etc.

Our drafting trajectory is headed towards early to mid-2000’s...not good.

taco was a bust.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That means we wasted the top draft pick from the last 3 drafts essentially, assuming we let Amari

Factor in who we drafted after the 1st round, and it’s starting to look like a crippling series of draft classes. Chidobe Awuzie, Conor Williams, Trysten Hill, etc.

It's looking like a complete reversal of fortune with our drafting recently. After that stellar 2016 draft, we've certainly had more misses than hits. And now we run the very real risk of having next to nothing to show for the 2017-2019 drafts.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Based off what?
magic 8 ball...
giphy.gif

John813

Reaction score
It's looking like a complete reversal of fortune with our drafting recently. After that stellar 2016 draft, we've certainly had more misses than hits. And now we run the very real risk of having next to nothing to show for the 2017-2019 drafts.

Yup. 2017 got us not much. Woods is playing well for his draft slot.

Lewis is an aggressive corner that can make plays but give them up. Chido is our punching bag for QBs.

18 at least had Gallup who has made noticeable improvements to his game. Hopefully becomes a legit #2. LVE obviously was great year 1, but that neck....

19 ain't looking good at all 1 year in.

jnday

Reaction score

Having one level fixed in the neck should not effect his career after he has the surgery.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
Having one level fixed in the neck should not effect his career after he has the surgery.

Says who? The sports doctors interviewed about this injury all say he’ll be lucky to last another 3-4 seasons before he’ll be forced into retirement.

it’s a neck injury...you can’t risk injuries that can leave you permanently disabled

gmb1

Reaction score
So his career might be over? That was a great draft pick Jerrah. :rolleyes:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Says who? The sports doctors interviewed about this injury all say he’ll be lucky to last another 3-4 seasons before he’ll be forced into retirement.

it’s a neck injury...you can’t risk injuries that can leave you permanently disabled

And people shouldn’t be surprised when he misses stretches of games either. It will be 2-3 years of touch and go football for LVE before it finally catches up to him :thumbdown:

This is a degenerative disease, a surgery will not solve the issue long-term.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

Connor Williams sucks - and then some.

LLLOOOLLL, Beak tell us how you really feel!

cowboys1981

Reaction score
His career may not be done, but the likelihood of performing at a high level is.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

i think all three chido and conor and Hill will turn out much better....i think LVE will come back and Cooper will be re-signed too....we need good coaches but because of Jerry it makes it difficult

morat1959

Reaction score
I am starting to question why I still follow this team. I know, old habits die hard but I am completely sick and disgusted with being fed a bunch of high hopes every year to end up in complete embarrassment. Its a good thing I don't live in the USA. I would be utterly shamed and embarrased to wear any cowboys gear in public outside of Texas. I wonder how the business at Official Cowboys stores at DFW are doing? Still open? Are they selling Patriots gear as well just to break even?
This! I wear nothing JJs anymore. We’re not the Cowboys.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am starting to question why I still follow this team. I know, old habits die hard but I am completely sick and disgusted with being fed a bunch of high hopes every year to end up in complete embarrassment. Its a good thing I don't live in the USA. I would be utterly shamed and embarrased to wear any cowboys gear in public outside of Texas. I wonder how the business at Official Cowboys stores at DFW are doing? Still open? Are they selling Patriots gear as well just to break even?
They are doing well because Cowboys fans buy tons of merchandise. The product on the field has no real bearing on that.

Why do you think Jones get away with how this franchise has been since 1996? And thats also its not likely to change.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What’s funny is MOST of you were in TOTAL lust with LVE last year. The fact is Cowboys fans on here are in love with you until you show any decline whatsoever, then they’re finished with you. I don’t always agree with him but, It’s no wonder Stephen A Smith hates Cowboys fans
We complain about Jones ruining the Cowboys, but we go out and spend more money on the product than any other fanbase in sports.

Who's fault is it really?

Capital gain is what the owners want. Why change something that has been wildly successful