If not Romo who???

dcjules

Reaction score
Just like the economy, Romo stock is at its lowest point to date, but lets not forget the dark days of the past, post Aikman, Carter, Leaf, Henson, Bledsoe, Testaverde...Romo has been a godsend in comparison to those guys...but I ask, who in the league would you take over Romo???

Brady, Peyton, Brees, Roethlisberger, Eli????

The list isnt long to find Romo, although I am sure many of you will come up with others, such as Cutler, Rivers, Ryan, retreads like McNabb, Hasselbeck, Rodgers??? Oh yeah everyone favorite Matt Casell????

We have a very good QB, signed long term, be careful what some of you wish for....we could end up like many other teams with nothing???

Daudr

Reaction score
There are a lot of people on this board that a) have unrealistic expectations, b) have very short term memories.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dcjules;2517616 said:
Just like the economy, Romo stock is at its lowest point to date, but lets not forget the dark days of the past, post Aikman, Carter, Leaf, Henson, Bledsoe, Testaverde...Romo has been a godsend in comparison to those guys...but I ask, who in the league would you take over Romo???

Brady, Peyton, Brees, Roethlisberger, Eli????

The list isnt long to find Romo, although I am sure many of you will come up with others, such as Cutler, Rivers, Ryan, retreads like McNabb, Hasselbeck, Rodgers??? Oh yeah everyone favorite Matt Casell????

We have a very good QB, signed long term, be careful what some of you wish for....we could end up like many other teams with nothing???

I fully support Romo. I do think Dallas has to address backup and would not be opposed to Dallas drafting a QB this coming off-season. Romo has been a starter for 2 and half years with many more ahead of him I can't see the logic of those who do give up so easily on him.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
They arnt going to sign or draft anyone to replace Romo, he has proven he can be a great player and has a huge deal he just signed.

We just have to get him to play mroe consistent football. There has to be more middle area with him...he's either really really good or really really bad. There is not much in between. Dont usually see teams win championships with those types of QB's.

maxsports

Reaction score
I do not happen to agree we have a "very good" quarterback. Unfortunately, Jerry has tied this teams hands by signing him to such a huge deal AND by not drafting or signing anbother quarterback that might atleast give Romo competition. Romo is comes up small in most big games. Alot of fans want to blame it on Jason Garrett. Romo does not always run the plays that are called and many times makes huge mistakes when he improvises. He has a ton of weapons and can't seem to find them. I guess every team can cover every single one of our weapons.

gmb85

Reaction score
If he can ever protect the football in his lifetime then yes, keep Romo.

Daudr

Reaction score
gmb85;2517637 said:
If he can ever protect the football in his lifetime then yes, keep Romo.

So you are saying you would have ditched Favre long ago in Green Bay then, eh?

visionary

Reaction score
dbair1967;2517633 said:
They arnt going to sign or draft anyone to replace Romo, he has proven he can be a great player and has a huge deal he just signed.

We just have to get him to play mroe consistent football. There has to be more middle area with him...he's either really really good or really really bad. There is not much in between. Dont usually see teams win championships with those types of QB's.

exactly summed up my feelings on romo.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
What's funny is that if our defense could frickin stop two runners (who might be the slowest RB tandem in the NFL) from breaking back to back 80 yard runs when everyone in the building knows what's coming then there would be post after post from these same fans claiming Romo showed how the truly great ones always bounce back and find a way to win even when they don't have their best stuff.

And if you would have told me going into the game that our offense was going to score 24 points against the Ravens, I would have gladly taken it considering it would have been the 3rd most points the Ravens had given up this season.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Daudr;2517623 said:
There are a lot of people on this board that a) have unrealistic expectations, b) have very short term memories.

Dallas fans are dumb dude.

30yrheel

Reaction score
We have way too much invested in Romo to give up on him. But, how about drafting a fairly highly rated QB once in a while? All these years of free agents, retreads, and ex-baseball players have killed us.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
dbair1967;2517633 said:

Hes had a lot more really really good than really really bad.

But since we are the Cowboys he will get slammed after every bad game he has. Like no other QB in the NFL has bad games.

Everything this team does is magnified. It was comedy listening to Deion and Faulk commentate. They seriously said out loud what goes through every media persons head in a game. They were on are jock one minute and slamming us the next. Just laughable.

We are very fortunate to have Tony Romo. I can't believe you guys didn't learn your lesson when we didn't have him.

rwilliamsfan

Reaction score
I know we are sans picks after the Roy Williams move, but I REALLY like this Matt Stafford (profile) kid from Georgia. He's Dallas born and has a HECK of an arm. The only problem is that there obviously other teams out there w/the draft position and who need a QB.

And no, I'm not saying he replaces Romo any time soon, but this kid has all the tools to be a top 5 NFL QB in the next 3-4 years.

Not sure what confluence of events would need to go down in order to snap up this kid considering we don't have a first round pick.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
I defy you to come up with a better option with the porous O-line that we trot out there week after week. Tony has to run for his life 75% of the time. The O-line is the problem not Romo.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
rwilliamsfan;2517702 said:
I know we are sans picks after the Roy Williams move, but I REALLY like this Matt Stafford (profile) kid from Georgia. He's Dallas born and has a HECK of an arm. The only problem is that there obviously other teams out there w/the draft position and who need a QB.

And no, I'm not saying he replaces Romo any time soon, but this kid has all the tools to be a top 5 NFL QB in the next 3-4 years.

Not sure what confluence of events would need to go down in order to snap up this kid considering we don't have a first round pick.

At this point all Stafford has is an arm.

His decision making is as poor as any QB i've seen play in College. He has to much confidence in his arm.

Hes a guy that has no business playing early in his career imo.

If he gets coached up though he could be special.

BeBree

Reaction score
I am a long-time Cowboys fan. I am also a Cowboys fan living near Washington DC. I am as loyal as they get. But I am also a realist and know what I'm seeing when I watch a game.
Romo is reckless. and the extra talent he has for "quick feet" in the pocket sometimes adds to that recklessness. He is not accurate. He is very very careless with the football. Can he be good? Yes, sometimes.

T.O. has lost a step. Watch the film. he doesn't get open often.
Our defense, thanks mainly to Demarcus Ware, Bradie James, and Newman (when he's healthy) is pretty darned good.

Anyone who thinks this team is a great team was not watching football in the 90s when Aikman, Irvin, and Smith were in their prime. watch some of those old games.... Big difference.

This team's coaching is terrible. And while at first I thought Garrett was going to be our next head coach I'm beginning to doubt his ability now too. And what great distain does the Dallas coaching staff have for screen plays?

Oh, one more thing. When you think of the face of most teams who do u think of? NYG It's "Rat Face" Coughlin, Pats, it's Bill belacheat. It's Fox for the Panthers, All coaches and good ones at that. Who's the face of the Dallas Cowboys? Jerry Jones! Jeeze! Go hire a good team manager, and strong head coach Jerry and get the hell out of the way.

No, this team is a 10-6 team and Wildcard at best unless something changes.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Tass;2517704 said:
I defy you to come up with a better option with the porous O-line that we trot out there week after week. Tony has to run for his life 75% of the time. The O-line is the problem not Romo.

And thats another thing.

If we get a new QB he better have feet like Romo (highly unlikely) because our oline would give up a ton of sacks a game with any other QB.

If Romo ever leaves this team or gets hurt we are pretty much screwed.

Cowboysfan22

Reaction score
Daudr;2517623 said:
If Tony can't win a game in December or January a) We will never win a superbowl or a playoff game. and b) there isn't a b he is just holding us back what does he actually bring to our offense in times when it matters.

30yrheel

Reaction score
yeah, true, the o-line still sux even after all the money we've spent.
but, we put our faith in romo to make everyone better. which he does, until we get to the late season/playoff games. until he wins a playoff game, his reputation will never improve.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Cowboysfan22;2517723 said:
If Tony can't win a game in December or January a) We will never win a superbowl or a playoff game. and b) there isn't a b he is just holding us back what does he actually bring to our offense in times when it matters.

Damn and I have been under the impression that football was a team sport but now I find out this is all about Romo.