If not Romo who???

30yrheel

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2517731 said:
Damn and I have been under the impression that football was a team sport but now I find out this is all about Romo.

it's always about the QB in the NFL, and especially the Cowboys.

gmb85

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2517731 said:
Damn and I have been under the impression that football was a team sport but now I find out this is all about Romo.
You're so smurt.:p:

utrunner07

Reaction score
Daudr;2517641 said:
So you are saying you would have ditched Favre long ago in Green Bay then, eh?

With out question, Favre would have never survived here in Dallas. We expect the best. A QB that is going to go out there every week and if not aid in the win, at least not take away your chance at a win. Romo has won us some games, he has also almost single handily lost us some games. That will never be acceptable to Dallas fans. Im not sure Romo has the personality or even the desire to handle being the top QB for the Dallas Cowboys. He is a great backup, the absolute best, but he is no Troy Aikman, not even close, and that is what we need to be looking for. Its only a matter of time until he costs us again, we have 5 win or go home games in front of us, how many of you honeslty excpect Romo to play 5 in a row with out costing us one?

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Draft one every year or two, even if it's just in the 7th round. Should always be trying to upgrade the QB position. Just look at our backup situation. It'd be nice to have some young up and coming QB take over the #2 spot, as well as a legitimate prospect at #3 who could develop.

Romo was an undrafted rookie FA. We happened to luck into whatever we have with him.

You know, we'll never have anyone to challenge him or ready to take over in case of injury if we just sit there and continue hoping to catch lightning with the rookie FA's or 40 year old vets we always end up with.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
30yrheel;2517735 said:
it's always about the QB in the NFL, and especially the Cowboys.

so the other 10 member on offense or the other starting 11 on defense is just for show? :laugh2: I have no problem saying Romo made some bad plays in this past game but Dallas losing was not all on Romo.

BeBree

Reaction score
Favre never played as badly as Romo over so many games. Yes, he had (haves) a bad one from time to time. Don't place Romo up with Favre just yet LOL.

I have to disagree harshly that it's the offensive line's fault that Romo is screwing up. In Aikman's final years our line was worse than it is now. And on top of that Aikman couldn't move in the pocket much. He got sacked a lot and threw it away a lot, and accumulated a few concussions. BUT, he didn't screw up like Romo.
Nope, Rome just simply makes poor decisions!

30yrheel

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2517749 said:
so the other 10 member on offense or the other starting 11 on defense is just for show? :laugh2: I have no problem saying Romo made some bad plays in this past game but Dallas losing was not all on Romo.

you know the old saying- the qb gets too much credit for the wins, and too much criticism for the losses

Doomsday101

Reaction score
30yrheel;2517772 said:
you know the old saying- the qb gets too much credit for the wins, and too much criticism for the losses

That is the old saying but it means just what I have said before Romo takes too much blame when we lose. Romo can't win the big game? of course he can't this is football it takes a team to win football games. I have said Romo had some bad plays in the game he also put us back in a postion to help win the game notice I said help, because he can't do it alone no QB can. In my view this team needs to be more focused not just Romo but this team.

gbrittain

Reaction score
dcjules;2517616 said:
Just like the economy, Romo stock is at its lowest point to date, but lets not forget the dark days of the past, post Aikman, Carter, Leaf, Henson, Bledsoe, Testaverde...Romo has been a godsend in comparison to those guys...but I ask, who in the league would you take over Romo???

Brady, Peyton, Brees, Roethlisberger, Eli????

The list isnt long to find Romo, although I am sure many of you will come up with others, such as Cutler, Rivers, Ryan, retreads like McNabb, Hasselbeck, Rodgers??? Oh yeah everyone favorite Matt Casell????

We have a very good QB, signed long term, be careful what some of you wish for....we could end up like many other teams with nothing???

There are two types of people down on Romo. The rational and then those who are not rational.

I am down on Romo, but I do see my view on him as rational (Imagine that...I see myself as rational). I do not want him gone, there is nobody on the streets or ready to be drafted in all likelihood that will be a threat to Romo for at least a couple of years.

However, I am not going to sit here and pretend that the present day Romo is not extremely flawed up until this very present day. He could go on a streak starting next week and lead the Cowboys to a Super Bowl championship. He is that talented.

I just know that he makes some very boneheaded plays. I remember back in the day when Favre was basking in the sunlight and me thinking to myself I will take Aikman over him every day of the week. Why? Aikman was rock solid if not unspectacular. Favre was a highlight waiting to happen and Aikman was a championship waiting to happen.

Right now Romo has all the flash in the world and in the context that I am writing this that is a very good thing. Romo is now going to have to provide the steadiness of an Aikman in order to guide Dallas to a championship.

I think Romo can do it, but he is going to have to show it as opposed to me just blindly saying he can. I hope he proves it over the next five weeks.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
gbrittain;2517805 said:
There are two types of people down on Romo. The rational and then those who are not rational.

I am down on Romo, but I do see my view on him as rational (Imagine that...I see myself as rational). I do not want him gone, there is nobody on the streets or ready to be drafted in all likelihood that will be a threat to Romo for at least a couple of years.

However, I am not going to sit here and pretend that the present day Romo is not extremely flawed up until this very present day. He could go on a streak starting next week and lead the Cowboys to a Super Bowl championship. He is that talented.

I just know that he makes some very boneheaded plays. I remember back in the day when Favre was basking in the sunlight and me thinking to myself I will take Aikman over him every day of the week. Why? Aikman was rock solid if not unspectacular. Favre was a highlight waiting to happen and Aikman was a championship waiting to happen.

Right now Romo has all the flash in the world and in the context that I am writing this that is a very good thing. Romo is now going to have to provide the steadiness of an Aikman in order to guide Dallas to a championship.

I think Romo can do it, but he is going to have to show it as opposed to me just blindly saying he can. I hope he proves it over the next five weeks.

There is no doubt he is not Troy Aikman and Troy Aikman was not Roger Staubach heck you don't get the nickname capt. comeback because you played 4 qrts of red hot football Roger himself had some stinkers where the team was forced to come from behind. I want to see Romo improve I think he has to do a better job of knowing when to take a chance and when to play it closer to the vest. there really was no reason to throw the deep balls that were picked when you have the CB and Safety defending the play, he needed to look to the underneath routs or if you are running out of time throw it away. I clearly think Romo can help lead this team to a championship but he still has some things he needs to improve on, I do think he has the talent to do it

30yrheel

Reaction score
i'm neutral on romo, but for my own taste i'd prefer a more steady qb. the guy seems to play like his hair's on fire. but, right now around the league they're aren't that many i'd take over romo.
yesterday's games, rottenburger= turnover machine, mcnabb= short arm throws, campbell= blank stare.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
BeBree;2517768 said:
I have to disagree harshly that it's the offensive line's fault that Romo is screwing up. In Aikman's final years our line was worse than it is now. And on top of that Aikman couldn't move in the pocket much. He got sacked a lot and threw it away a lot

...and the Cowboys lost a lot.

But thanks for replying, Mr. Gurode. Or is it Mr. Proctor? I know you HAVE to be related to one of the O-lineman to have the temerity to defend the line!

alancdc

Reaction score
Honestly, I have been a BIG Romo fan, and still am. He is only in his 3rd year as a starter. However, I am really discouraged by his performance on Saturday. Some of his throws were inexcusable on Saturday night. He doesn't even look at RW. I am hopeful that he will play well this week, but I am less confident in him toady than at any point of his short career.

willia451

Reaction score
dcjules;2517616 said:
Just like the economy, Romo stock is at its lowest point to date, but lets not forget the dark days of the past, post Aikman, Carter, Leaf, Henson, Bledsoe, Testaverde...Romo has been a godsend in comparison to those guys...but I ask, who in the league would you take over Romo???

Brady, Peyton, Brees, Roethlisberger, Eli????

The list isnt long to find Romo, although I am sure many of you will come up with others, such as Cutler, Rivers, Ryan, retreads like McNabb, Hasselbeck, Rodgers??? Oh yeah everyone favorite Matt Casell????

We have a very good QB, signed long term, be careful what some of you wish for....we could end up like many other teams with nothing???
Right now? Age considerations taken out of the equation? I'd take Tom Brady and Peyton Manning over Romo. Other than that? Romo is about on par with folks like Rivers, Cutler, Brees, and Rodgers. So, I'll stick with what I know, outside of those first two.

The bottom line is, you're right. We have a very good QB signed long term. So we need to be careful what we wish for.

Go Cowboys!!!

bigE79

Reaction score
:star: Does anyone here realize that if our defense doesnt give up those frickin runs or if HAMLIN just falls on the ball, we would have won that game BECAUSE of ROMO...that so called GREAT ravens D couldnt do **** to stop us in the 4th quarter and that is a fact, and its also a fact that if it wasnt for ROMO, we are a 5 win team maybe. All i know is since he has been the starter we have been in almost every game with a chance to win.Is he perfect? no,but i thank him for giving most of us the faith that we have always have a chance to win,And thats more than 3 quarters of the teams can say about their QBs. And at the end of the day,im very glad he is the QB of MY TEAM,the DALLAS COWBOYS and i have no doubt we will beat the E-GIRLS on sunday...GO COWBOYS:star:

BeBree

Reaction score
Tass;2517973 said:
...and the Cowboys lost a lot.

But thanks for replying, Mr. Gurode. Or is it Mr. Proctor? I know you HAVE to be related to one of the O-lineman to have the temerity to defend the line!
I'm not defending the line at all. Simply showing that the line is not to blame for Romo's bad decisions. I thought you'd see that. I guess I should've clearified it.