If players are "tired" is it on the player or conditioning staff?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
In no way should an athlete say they're burned out especially in the post season. If they are tired, do the players need to change their diets, exercise more, do other things to get them right in their conditioning? Or are we not doing enough in the organization to see to it that the players are ready for every game they play? Please give your thoughts.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I wouldn't read too much into that comment from DLaw...He was trying to give a PC anwer to not throw anyone under the bus and failed miserably. The issues are obvious and being tired is about as bad of an excuse as you could have.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
You should be pointing the finger at the culture Jerry has created. They have no problem saying dumb things like they were tired after deciding to mail in an important game, and Jerry is the one to blame for allowing attitudes like this to happen. Or maybe it's just the fans who thought it was an important game, what do I know.

I don't think the players care one way or the other. They decide to play when they feel like it, and they were clearly not interested in playing against GB. They were getting paid either way.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I wouldn't read too much into that comment from DLaw...He was trying to give a PC anwer to not throw anyone under the bus and failed miserably. The issues are obvious and being tired is about as bad of an excuse as you could have.
It was an excuse that was probably pretty accurate. He slipped and said what he was really thinking. The players aren't invested in things like the fans are. The priorities and expectations are as different as night and day.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
It was an excuse that was probably pretty accurate. He slipped and said what he was really thinking. The players aren't invested in things like the fans are. The priorities and expectations are as different as night and day.
Mentally tired and simply OK with the season being over because so many players dont care? Yeah I could see that. Physically tired where we need to reevaluate things like diet and conditioning programs? No chance.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agree!! You just leave yourself open so much by saying it like that

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You should be pointing the finger at the culture Jerry has created. They have no problem saying dumb things like they were tired after deciding to mail in an important game, and Jerry is the one to blame for allowing attitudes like this to happen. Or maybe it's just the fans who thought it was an important game, what do I know.

I don't think the players care one way or the other. They decide to play when they feel like it, and they were clearly not interested in playing against GB. They were getting paid either way.
look around the league ACR, how many other teams players did you hear say this? Hell KC and SF played the most games out of anyone!!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
All of the above.

Players that want to or expect to compete for championships fight through the weariness of a long season. Players who just want to party do what the cowboys did. It's cultural, from the ownership on down.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Players made 50k for playing in that game. Little bro wouldn't even roll out of bed for that kind of chump change.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nah I kinda like knowing how they really feel.

It lets you know who’s about it and who isn’t.

DLaw has always talked a tough game, but now we know he’s not really about it.
we knew that wasn't the deal once the big deal was signed, and the chains were all passed out, the hot boyz are the COLD boyz!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
All of the above.

Players that want to or expect to compete for championships fight through the weariness of a long season. Players who just want to party do what the cowboys did. It's cultural, from the ownership on down.
Jerry probably hosted the party or had something to do with them