If players are "tired" is it on the player or conditioning staff?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
looooooooool let me guess due to all the holding and attention to micah, it caused him to get jealous and be unfocused!!
Another overrated and overpaid player of ours.
Wonder whatever happened to Rico TE?????
Lots of laughs are coming as Uncle Jerry is going out with a BANG!!!!
joker-face.jpg

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
joker-face.jpg
you're right, he's not going OUT, he's going in, ALL IN!!! lol

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Mentally tired and simply OK with the season being over because so many players dont care? Yeah I could see that. Physically tired where we need to reevaluate things like diet and conditioning programs? No chance.
I remember one year when Campo was the head coach, we started off the season against the Eagles, and the team looked worn-out tired. That one was on the head coach who actually did work them too hard without enough rest. It's fine for a coach to work his team hard, and it's even desirable, but you have to allow the team ample recovery time. However, I have my doubts that that's what happened this time.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I remember one year when Campo was the head coach, we started off the season against the Eagles, and the team looked worn-out tired. That one was on the head coach who actually did work them too hard without enough rest. It's fine for a coach to work his team hard, and it's even desirable, but you have to allow the team ample recovery time. However, I have my doubts that that's what happened this time.
Several players probably got days off for veterans and still were tired

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
joker-face.jpg
You will start seeing Rowdy if you stare long and hard at The Joker's face.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Several players probably got days off for veterans and still were tired
Jokes besides here the real reason is one D-Law couldn't say esp on the record.
Trust me this defense after the sack and then the 2 picks had no reason to snap out of it.
As they have seen how their efforts were wasted in the last 2 NINER playoff losses they just gave up.
Honestly considering the $ paid to the offense I can't blame them!!!!

MikeT22

Reaction score
Mentally tired and simply OK with the season being over because so many players dont care? Yeah I could see that. Physically tired where we need to reevaluate things like diet and conditioning programs? No chance.
They were ready to party

MyFairLady

Reaction score
The man was done for the year. Watching him play made it obvious. Then he came right out and said it. He does not care. Just buy his powder loser.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jokes besides here the real reason is one D-Law couldn't say esp on the record.
Trust me this defense after the sack and then the 2 picks had no reason to snap out of it.
As they have seen how their efforts were wasted in the last 2 NINER playoff losses they just gave up.
Honestly considering the $ paid to the offense I can't blame them!!!!
wow very very good points

MikeT22

Reaction score
The pickle juice game

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The packers played the same amount of games. You think their players aren’t tired?

Its a crybaby excuse from the supposed leader of the Hot Boyz
It is a lame excuse. I doubt he meant it the way it came out, he was reaching. But, he said it and he needs to own up to it.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You didn't say tired, you said excuses.
I prefer to look at positives and enjoy my team than to continually criticize the team that I have rooted for through thick and thin for over 50 years. That's why a joined this "fan" forum.
The topic of the thread is about players saying they were tired.

Since you clarified it though, I also did not notice the 30 other teams' players giving excuses for their losses.

Most of the quotes by players of teams that lost in the playoffs I read were they just didn't play well enough to win.

Hard to have sympathy for players who make millions whining about being tired in their most important game of the season.

As I said, winners don't make excuses. Some losers do though.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Off-topic, those who cannot stand AT&T Stadium cannot similarly use 'domed stadium teams are not tough enough' as an excuse.

Rams bowed out in the wild card round but were only down 24-20 at the end of the third quarter versus the Lions on the road (final score 24-23).

Texans were booted out of the playoffs during the divisional round by the Ravens 34-10 on the road but did kick the Browns' butt 45-14 in the wild card round at home (perhaps fatigue kicked in a week late..?)

Lions allowed mistakes to get the best of them and lost by three to the 49ers in the conference championship round on the road.

All three domed teams above performed far better in the playoffs than the Cowboys. Perhaps AT&T Stadium is sucking the energy out of the team? :muttley:That was a joke, peoples. It's not.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
It was an excuse from a guy who's not too smart. He could not think of a reason why the team sucked, so that was his excuse for the team sucking.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Off-topic, those who cannot stand AT&T Stadium cannot similarly use 'domed stadium teams are not tough enough' as an excuse.

Rams bowed out in the wild card round but were only down 24-20 at the end of the third quarter versus the Lions on the road (final score 24-23).

Texans were booted out of the playoffs during the divisional round by the Ravens 34-10 on the road but did kick the Browns' butt 45-14 in the wild card round at home (perhaps fatigue kicked in a week late..?)

Lions allowed mistakes to get the best of them and lost by three to the 49ers in the conference championship round on the road.

All three domed teams above performed far better in the playoffs than the Cowboys. Perhaps AT&T Stadium is sucking the energy out of the team? :muttley:That was a joke, peoples. It's not.
It never has anything to do with the Cowboys players playing badly though :D

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was an excuse from a guy who's not too smart. He could not think of a reason why the team sucked, so that was his excuse for the team sucking.
When I hear professional athletes make excuses it leads me to believe they rarely had to work hard to compete for playing time growing up likely because they had natural talent that made them a lot better than most other players around them.

When athletes reach the professional level though they are surrounded by competition that's on or above their level which requires consistent and persistent effort and focus during their seasons to be able to compete and win.

Hearing players whine about being tired when they were down 27-0 in the first half is laughable and definitely nothing more than an excuse to avoid admitting they played badly and got beat by a much better team.

I can respect players who say nothing or admit they played badly and they plan to work hard to become better.

Instead, we get "we were tired" ...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It never has anything to do with the Cowboys players playing badly though :D
Saying the players performed badly against the Packers is an insult to the word. Charles Barkley's catchphrase is the better description for how they played.

"Turrible. Just turrible."