If RB Cook Signs who's Out?

MLB53

Reaction score
Getting ahead of yourself... as has been noted in another thread, the most likely scenario is he's added at first to the practice squad.
They wouldn't sign him to keep on the PS, and someone most likely a RB would have to go bc they wouldn't keep 6 RB on the active roster

_sturt_

Reaction score
They wouldn't sign him to keep on the PS
Carl Lawson called. He wanted me to assure you that sometimes they just want a look-see. Don't listen to me, listen to Carl.

But yeah, now that the rules for the PS have opened up, it's not that uncommon. We did some of that last season.

MLB53

Reaction score
Carl Lawson called. He wanted me to assure you that sometimes they just want a look-see. Don't listen to me, listen to Carl.

But yeah, now that the rules for the PS have opened up, it's not that uncommon. We did some of that last season.
Read the post again not your hypothesis, tks

Jumbo075

Reaction score
What RB do you cut, Ezek or Rico and why?
I doubt the Cowboys sign him immediately. Chances are better that they are kicking the tires just in case they decide to make a move later. In any case, vested veterans get guaranteed salaries if they are on the opening day rosters. But if they sign after week 1 is over, then their salaries are strictly week-to-week. If the Cowboys sign a vested veteran, don’t expect it before week 1 against the Browns.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Read the post again not your hypothesis, tks
Okay, I'm stupid. What am I missing. Help out a poor ignorant soul.

The "hypothesis" is that he's not going to be going immediately to the full roster... if signed, he'll be on the PS for some amount of time.

So, the question is premature... as Carl told me, there's a decent chance he never gets elevated in the first place b/c all they were doing was essentially paying for the privilege of assessing him.

Einstein

Reaction score
Cook wants (or at least wanted) to be a lead RB getting the majority of the carries.