If RB Cook Signs who's Out?

Creeper

Reaction score
It seems to me Cook and Zeke are a lot alike. I honestly do not know what Cook has left in the tank. He looked slow last season.

Let's be honest, none of the RBs are earth-shakers, does it matter who stays and who goes? They'll probably put Cook on the practice squad and see if one of the other backs gets a hangnail so they can put him on IR.

John813

Reaction score
IMO if he signs if it's on the P.S. to get acclimated.

No team is going to steal him at this point unless they get a ton of injuries at RB, but he can be "protected" if need be

blueblood70

Reaction score
IMO if he signs if it's on the P.S. to get acclimated.

No team is going to steal him at this point unless they get a ton of injuries at RB, but he can be "protected" if need be
X2 far to redundant too much like our other backs rather have DV42 in as COP Scatback!

blueblood70

Reaction score
It seems to me Cook and Zeke are a lot alike. I honestly do not know what Cook has left in the tank. He looked slow last season.

Let's be honest, none of the RBs are earth-shakers, does it matter who stays and who goes? They'll probably put Cook on the practice squad and see if one of the other backs gets a hangnail so they can put him on IR.
actually, Rico and Cook are more a like but for sure far too redundant, rather have deuce Vaugn.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Well we know why #15 is here even if he doesn't bring much to the table, one person is vouching for him

Yes. I mean even if Zeke can provide some blocking and short yardage stuff. That would mean we ideally need a RB with juice for the between the 20’s stuff. A RB who can also generate big plays.

Cook isn’t that.

So having him and Zeke on the same team together just wouldn’t make sense IMO.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Yes. I mean even if Zeke can provide some blocking and short yardage stuff. That would mean we ideally need a RB with juice for the between the 20’s stuff. A RB who can also generate big plays.

Cook isn’t that.

This whole RB room has been an exercise in the typical JonesBoys management. They could have simply picked up a fresh legged young RB in the middle of the draft that would do ALL of the things they seem to be parting out to a cadre of washed ups and never has beens. The young guy could also be an actual threat to break 1000 yards which isn't going to happen with any of the stiffs and nepotistics currently on the roster.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

Cook isn’t that.

Good point

HungryLion

Reaction score
This whole RB room has been an exercise in the typical JonesBoys management. They could have simply picked up a fresh legged young RB in the middle of the draft that would do ALL of the things they seem to be parting out to a cadre of washed ups and never has beens. The young guy could also be an actual threat to break 1000 yards which isn't going to happen with any of the stiffs and nepotistics currently on the roster.

Yes they should have been more aggressive in the draft. Should have traded picks to move up if needed to get a back in the late 3rd or 4th.

starfan1

Reaction score
Okay, I'm stupid. What am I missing. Help out a poor ignorant soul.

The "hypothesis" is that he's not going to be going immediately to the full roster... if signed, he'll be on the PS for some amount of time.

So, the question is premature... as Carl told me, there's a decent chance he never gets elevated in the first place b/c all they were doing was essentially paying for the privilege of assessing him.
doent make much sense not that I wanted cook.I think freeman was better

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well I just got a push notification on my phone from bleachers report that dalvin cook is signing with the Dallas Cowboys...hmm :omg: now I have to wonder whose place is he actually taking this better not knock off deuce Vaughn 'cause I'm gonna be pretty let down.i hope its PS type deal, insurance policy..

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
"And Ezekiel Elliott breaks away for a HUGE 6 yard gain! Great run by Ezekiel Jim, that's his longest run in 3 years, he's really feeling it".
loooooooooooooooool Post of the morning!!!!!!! Been such an upgrade from all the 1-3 yard runs we're normally seeing from him

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zeke gotta go.
Really so you want one allegedly washed player that did less last year in place of Zeke who you haven't seen play yet this year because they put him on bubble wrap for a reason he's going to have fresher legs he's going to be in better shape, and you haven't seen him play a snap, but you want to add cook who was far worse last year for Zeke?!! o_O:thumbdown::popcorn::popcorn:

you know that's ridiculous you're an absolute Zeke hater, you probably were happy that he was cut last year and then probably not appreciate what he's really done with he was one of the best running backs to ever play for the Dallas Cowboys and one of the top backs in the league for a long time, he put up Hall of Fame type numbers... No I'm not saying he should be in the Hall of Fame I'm saying he put up numbers that exceeded guys like Terrell Davis, he's under appreciated around here, people like you that you want to jump through the screen and throat punch you, get off it you're no swag and you're no surfer which by the way, if you are I would love to come look at how you surf and then breakdown your game bro and then say we should replace you with better option. :facepalm: :espn: :oldcouple: