If RB Cook Signs who's Out?

Reaction score
I like that they're looking around, could be this guy proves all the doubters wrong, Zeke too. I still would have kept Freeman though.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I like that they're looking around, could be this guy proves all the doubters wrong, Zeke too. I still would have kept Freeman though.
You know guys like freeman can be picked up throughout the entire year he's not special he's a dime a dozen and yes if they need to make a change there's gonna be plenty of free agent running backs out there young and old to be picked through.. I find it ironic that The Jets picked up cook and then when he was released so that way he could find a team the Ravens picked him up and played him in a playoff game hey when the Cowboys do it there's all kinds of doubt as if they're the only team that do this with cheap bargain basement veterans.

But guys like Royce freeman are out there all year he is not that special my man literally his entire five year career how long he's been in the NFL barely accumulate what Ezekiel Elliott did his rookie year seriously.. Nothing he did last year says he's better than Ezekiel Elliott or dalvin cook and he could be picked up or a guy like him all season long...

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
Really so you want one allegedly washed player that did less last year in place of Zeke who you haven't seen play yet this year because they put him on bubble wrap for a reason he's going to have fresher legs he's going to be in better shape, and you haven't seen him play a snap, but you want to add cook who was far worse last year for Zeke?!! o_O:thumbdown::popcorn::popcorn:

you know that's ridiculous you're an absolute Zeke hater, you probably were happy that he was cut last year and then probably not appreciate what he's really done with he was one of the best running backs to ever play for the Dallas Cowboys and one of the top backs in the league for a long time, he put up Hall of Fame type numbers... No I'm not saying he should be in the Hall of Fame I'm saying he put up numbers that exceeded guys like Terrell Davis, he's under appreciated around here, people like you that you want to jump through the screen and throat punch you, get off it you're no swag and you're no surfer which by the way, if you are I would love to come look at how you surf and then breakdown your game bro and then say we should replace you with better option. :facepalm: :espn: :oldcouple:
Wow

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What RB do you cut, Ezek or Rico and why?
They’re not cutting Rico and I would be surprised if they cut Zeke. Deuce would be the odd man out unless he starts making some plays like we’ve seen in preseason. We’ll likely start the season with the RBs we have and Cook on the practice squad and see how it goes. Deuce is going to have to do a whole lot better than 1.9 per carry like last season or he could end up cut or on the practice squad.

blueblood70

Reaction score
They’re not cutting Rico and I would be surprised if they cut Zeke. Deuce would be the odd man out unless he starts making some plays like we’ve seen in preseason. We’ll likely start the season with the RBs we have and Cook on the practice squad and see how it goes. Deuce is going to have to do a whole lot better than 1.9 per carry like last season or he could end up cut or on the practice squad.
Yeah because those numbers from DV came in clean up you know when they were just running out the clock they brought him in occasionally and threw him a crumb like with no design place or any kind of creative thought process and how to use him properly that's on Mike McCarthy because Turpin didn't get enough either...

those targets those for Turpin were so low , IMHO I mean I'm surprised Mike McCarthy didn't get fired just because of the way he used or I should say misused Vaughn and Turpin last year.

when we really need to badly to create some offense and some of those games and he couldn't even figure it out you have two guys that can do things that other people on the team can't do with their speed and the way they move, the way they cut, and make people mis,s and somehow they got left on the bench far too often in my opinion..

But hey it's just an amateurish opinion from my view they misused those players, and he could be a weapon if used properly..... I mean this is like people who think Ezekiel Elliott yards for carrier dropping and they hate on him because of it without ever remembering that he had like 17 first downs that were inside of three yards he had several touchdowns inside of the five yard line yeah when you use a guy that much for short yardage his yards per carry you're going to take a hit...but ill take 12 tds and 900 yards again regardless of YPC.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
My question again Zeke strength is blocking I know Leupke is a FB, in this offense what contribution is the FB. ?
The Cowboys play a good amount of 22 personnel where there is a fullback and halfback on the field. Luepke would be blocking for Zeke for those plays. Mostly short yardage/goalline. Zeke is a good pass protector but he isnt great at digging out defenders on run plays as a fullback.