If Roy Williams comes to Dallas...

utrunner07

Reaction score
Is there any way we could send Patrick Crayton to Detriot in this trade?

Aven8

Reaction score
Hostile;2320081 said:
I have one source inside VR, but I have not used that source on this story except one time when I was told Detroit called Dallas to offer Roy, not we called them to ask.

On this story a lifelong friend of Roy's has kept me up to date. He has been right on every scoop. He's more positive than anyone that Roy is coming to Dallas if Detroit is realistic on asking price.

Here's the scoop for the Lions game this week. Last week I said they would showcase him more than they have to try and drive up his worth. They did. You started to see Roy being frustrated for the first time when throws were off. However, he has not publicly asked to be traded. He's said the right things and done the right things.

Fans in Detroit last week chanted "trade Roy." This week's game is in Minnesota so the Lions staff won't have that pressure this week. So, for the first time Roy may apply the pressure by demanding a trade. He doesn't want to be a distraction for them, but he will do it to try and force them to make a trade.

If it gets to that point.

The lifelong friend wouldn't happen to be his brother Lloyd Hill, the former Texas Tech great would it?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Aven8;2320333 said:
The lifelong friend wouldn't happen to be his brother Lloyd Hill, the former Texas Tech great would it?
I made a promise never to reveal the friend's name.

Oh, he has a cousin who is a member here too. A female cousin. Doesn't post though. No, she isn't the source.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
People, let's not forget Jason Witten who is 4th in receiving yards in the NFL.

I also believe Miles Austin can be a major threat too at wide receiver but, Chad Johnson or Roy Williams will add a dimension to this offense that would be unstopable even if the defense having a ruggid day....

Just think of all of the possibilities with weapons on offense like T.O. , Jason Witten, Chad Johnson, Marion Barber, Felix Jones, Miles Austin, and of course I can't forget Tony Romo....

But with this said, I believe that it is far fetch to say Cowboys going to trade for anybody right about now, why?, because what would Cowboys be giving up for Chad Johnson or Roy Williams?, Safety Roy Williams?

No. Why?

Just take a look at the coverage with and without Roy, it's the same.

Why not trade for a Strong Safety that can cover?

Why? Why? Why?

All these question that will not be answered...

ddh33

Reaction score
For me, it's not about the number of times thrown to. I know some fans have worried that there won't be enough football to go around. Personally, I think there are plenty of catches for everyone...

But the bigger issue to me is that Dallas needs someone to take the pressure off of TO and Witten. Believe it or not, when you hear all about the Cowboys' offense, remember that Romo has less weapons than a lot of other QBs. I'd like to get him one more.

burmafrd

Reaction score
For purely passing purposes, we are rather limited since our current #2 WR is really no threat to anyone with a decent D. Up against quality secondaries, we are right now at a disadvantage. Roy Williams would pretty much blow that out of the water. We would become - argueably- the top pass threat team in the NFL. Arizona has Boldin out; and Detroit is a joke even with all the talent they have at WR.

Thomas82

Reaction score
burmafrd;2320395 said:
For purely passing purposes, we are rather limited since our current #2 WR is really no threat to anyone with a decent D. Up against quality secondaries, we are right now at a disadvantage. Roy Williams would pretty much blow that out of the water. We would become - argueably- the top pass threat team in the NFL. Arizona has Boldin out; and Detroit is a joke even with all the talent they have at WR.

I'll cosign for you on that.