If Schoonmaker plays and blocks like Gronk, do you feel better not getting a LG?

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Just based on most years, your chances of finding a plug-and-play guard/interior OL after the 3rd round are higher than finding a quality TE. The Chiefs RG in the playoffs/SB was a 6th round pick. The Rams LG in 2021 was a 5th round pick. There are probably other teams who have mid/late round picks starting on the OL too but those are just examples of the recent champs.

The way Day 2 turned out, most of the TEs were gone by 90. Darnell Washington was still there but every team seemed to be worried about a medical red flag. If the Cowboys didn't take a TE in the 2nd round then by their pick in the 3rd, it would have been slim pickings at that position.

Right now, there is still a chance that we can get a solid RG tomorrow. Might even be a good opportunity to take a chance in the late rounds on USC's Andrew Voorhees, who tore his ACL at the combine

Maverick84

Reaction score
I still think we need a lg
tommy-boy-earth.gif

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Just based on last year and how good our defense was, we are going to be untamable this year. All our offense has to do is not make mistakes. So if we get a LG fine, if not, fine.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Just based on most years, your chances of finding a plug-and-play guard/interior OL after the 3rd round are higher than finding a quality TE. The Chiefs RG in the playoffs/SB was a 6th round pick. The Rams LG in 2021 was a 5th round pick. There are probably other teams who have mid/late round picks starting on the OL too but those are just examples of the recent champs.

The way Day 2 turned out, most of the TEs were gone by 90. Darnell Washington was still there but every team seemed to be worried about a medical red flag. If the Cowboys didn't take a TE in the 2nd round then by their pick in the 3rd, it would have been slim pickings at that position.

Right now, there is still a chance that we can get a solid RG tomorrow. Might even be a good opportunity to take a chance in the late rounds on USC's Andrew Voorhees, who tore his ACL at the combine
I thought Voorhees would be the player Dallas would draft for the guard position. They would red shirt him in 2023 and have him ready for the 2024 season.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Bingo!!!!!!!!! We got a winner
We were sitting a 58 and had to choose between players ....TE or G. We chose the TE, it's as simple as that. I think some fans are upset coz they didn't know much about Schoonmaker coz the draft gurus barely mention his name. But they forget, most league inside said this was a deep draft for TEs, you could find starters on days 1 and 2.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
If any luck pick turns out to be a hall of fame player I wouldn’t feel bad about not getting a guard. What kind of question is this?

Kwyn

Reaction score
Who the heck is saying that we had any shot at drafting Gronk? None of the tight ends in this class will measure up to one of the all time greats.

If the idea is that at 59 we have to magically hit on Gronk or Tony Gonzales and the only alternative is to take O’Cyrus, then I suppose your saying o’Cyrus has to be the next John Hannah or Zack Martin.

Is that what you are trying to tell us?

Dalmations202

Reaction score
I hope I am wrong but:

Loved Zeke and all he brought, but Ramsey was the correct pick.

I hope to love Schoonmaker, but Torrence (or other IOL) was the correct pick......like I said, I hope I am wrong here.

Jipper

Reaction score
If he ends up being great then I will be happy as will many...but we still have a line issue that has to be solved before a TE can have a chance to make an impact

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Generational gamechanger and arguable the best ever at his position, or some guy that the coaches felt didn't fit the system?

Let's put it this way. We're loaded at safety. I'd take a hall of fame safety over a maybe decent guard all day every day. We are thin at TE and the staff felt it was a need. I'm happy with the pick.