If Schoonmaker plays and blocks like Gronk, do you feel better not getting a LG?

rambo2

Reaction score
I hope I am wrong but:

Loved Zeke and all he brought, but Ramsey was the correct pick.

I hope to love Schoonmaker, but Torrence (or other IOL) was the correct pick......like I said, I hope I am wrong here.
There is a good chance that Schoonmaker is a better player than Torrence.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I still think we need a lg
Gronk?

lets-pump-the-breaks.gif

Dalmations202

Reaction score
There is a good chance that Schoonmaker is a better player than Torrence.
You may be very correct. Is Schoonmaker enough better than Ferguson to warrant the "OL Draft pick" being better than Edoga?

I realize that Dallas probably didn't take an OL that high because they have their starting 5 in Smith, Smith, Badasz, Martin, Steele..
I realize they brought Edoga in an still have Farinok, Ball moved, and they have several other options.

I didn't see the need for a TE, but apparently they did. Since they get to do the interviews, and make the decisions, all I can do is say that I think LG should have been the pick there, but hope they were correct.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
You may be very correct. Is Schoonmaker enough better than Ferguson to warrant the "OL Draft pick" being better than Edoga?

I realize that Dallas probably didn't take an OL that high because they have their starting 5 in Smith, Smith, Badasz, Martin, Steele..
I realize they brought Edoga in an still have Farinok, Ball moved, and they have several other options.

I didn't see the need for a TE, but apparently they did. Since they get to do the interviews, and make the decisions, all I can do is say that I think LG should have been the pick there, but hope they were correct.we can use Ferguson and Luke.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I hope I am wrong but:

Loved Zeke and all he brought, but Ramsey was the correct pick.

I hope to love Schoonmaker, but Torrence (or other IOL) was the correct pick......like I said, I hope I am wrong here.
Yes, you are wrong and this is a prime example of the foolishness some fans have over the draft. We now know they are planning to have a power running game. You probably think Torrence would be perfect for that but you would be wrong again. The power running game they plan on implementing requires the TE to seal the DE and the OGs to pull and flatten the LB or CB to spring the RB. Not only is Schoonmaker the perfect TE for this scheme but Torrence may be one of the worst OGs in the draft for this scheme. He is an in line mauler but cant move laterally at all. He would be useless on those plays. Now you know why they made the pick and why it was the right one. Consensus rankings mean nothing when you take into account scheme fit and understand some players just don't work for what a team is planning to do at that position. Some fans just want to proclaim a pick as stupid without having a clue what the team is trying to accomplish. Common sense should tell everyone that when they make a pick, it is for a reason and they think it is the best pick to help the team. They may be wrong in the end, every team is wrong more often then not, but it's never because they want to pick lesser players.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He doesn’t play like Gronk. He may have good times speed but if you watch him he has almost zero wiggle and his legs stop moving on contact which almost always results in him being brought down by the first defender. He’s not a guy that’s going to drop a shoulder and bury a would-be tackler. At least none of the available film shows that.