If Sewell & Pitts fall who do you take?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
OL, all day.

If Dallas pisses away a top LT who's 20-years-old for yet another receiving threat, it would be the biggest mistake they've made in the last 20 years. Worse than Roy Williams.

jay94

Reaction score
Sewell would do more for this team. Under 12 games for Tyron this year and at some point has to be an injury away from retirement. Also remember we need an absolute elite line for Zeke to get over 4ypc.

Praxit

Reaction score
...your team goes as your OL goes. Dak is major investment. Smith cant be counted on anymore. Beef up the OL.

Havic

Reaction score
Sewell, we struggled on the online and did fine with Schultz + Jarwin is back.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
If both Pitts & Sewell fall to Cowboys @ 10 who do you think they take?

Sewell doesn’t want the play to end. Always looking for someone else to block. I don’t think both tackles finish this season and we will need him.

Hardline

Reaction score
You take the projected generational talent in Pitts.
Dont get cute and overthink it.

I'll cross my fingers and hope the injury bug doesn't bite the OL this season .

nathanlt

Reaction score
Here's what I say. Take Kyle Pitts for 2 reasons.
1. His ceiling is unprecedented, and will make the offense uncoverable.
2. Picking him will deny the Giants and Eagles from getting him.
Fallout from this decision... Trade up, whatever it takes, including next year's first rounder.
Get a premium first round corner (20's to 30s), Horn, Farley, or Newsome, with the possibility of adding Kyle Joseph later on.
Get a high 2nd rounder, trading next years second away if necessary to get a high level OT.
Next, get a safety like Washington or Grant mid to late 2nd.
Add Marvin Wilson in the late second as well.
Get a 3rd round Guard, like Christensen, an OT who projects to be an excellent Guard.

Sacrifice two drafts to reinforce the lines. In the 2022 draft, our picks will be gone but so what? We'll have a Super Bowl after nearly 30 years of waiting.

Amarillofan82

Reaction score
Trade back to 14 or 15 would be a nice option. Still have the chance to take Pitts, Sewell, Surtain, Horn, or Parsons, depending on who is picked between then, and pick up a possible 2nd or 3rd this year. plus another late round option next year.

Also, if somehow those 2 fall that far. They will be gone if we trade back more than likely fast style then. So we would get Surtain at a lower draft position and gain draft picks.

I would NOT trade back past 15 or 16 though. You either trade back a few spots or take BPA

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
I can't believe all the Pitts fans.

We rarely stretch the field with the tight end and his function for the last 8-9 years has been to act as a safe dump-off guy. If we can't break one of our 3 great WR's or Jarwin or the great Ezekiel Elliott *cough* loose then what makes anybody think the gumbo is gonna be any better adding one more ingredient?

Winning football begins in the trenches on both sides of the ball. This team has weapons offensively. Do we want to sell tickets or win a championship? If you want a championship you better build good to great lines on both sides of the ball.

c'mon man !!!!!! Sewell the correct answer. But guaranteed they don't both fall. If Sewell falls that's the pick and if Pitts falls you take Surtain II.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sewell. I'd take the other OT in front of Pitts, too. Heck, there are 2 corners and atleast 1 LB that I'd take instead of a TE. We need to refortify the durability/capability of the Oline and/or inject some more talent on Defense.

We currently have as many offensive weapons as a team can have, so there aren't enough balls to go around. Defense? Big Woof. It looks like Faylon is staying, so it will basically be like us playing 10 men on defense. Maybe we can get a couple of talented defenseive players that can bring us up to a middle of the pack defense?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
It’s a good question. Personally I hope neither is there so Dallas can focus on defense. If I had to choose I would take Sewell. Pitts is a good looking prospect but he’d be like adding an extra slice of cheese on a grilled cheese sandwich. The sandwich is going to taste good anyway, you don’t need the extra slice. You dig?

Nexx

Reaction score
sewell all the way. you start him at left guard in place of conner. he slides over once tyron gets injured.