If Sewell & Pitts fall who do you take?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If both Pitts & Sewell fall to Cowboys @ 10 who do you think they take?

Taking a TE at 10 would be a worse blunder than taking Zeke at 4. Sewel is actually a position of relative need and a one of the most important positions in football so I would take him if no other options.

bewp7

Reaction score
pitts lol

he is a very rare special type prospect

sewell is good but you can get a sewell or better in every single draft

(just as prospect...idk how they will be in the nfl!)

kskboys

Reaction score
I am not talking about scouting reports.I have seen both players a lot and honestly i think Pitts has more potential.Lawrence is one of the best QB prospect in recent years but Pitts might be the best TE prospect i have seen in a long time.
Ah, the old eye check.

You're seeing this one wrong.

kskboys

Reaction score
pitts lol

No you can't. Sewell is freaky good.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
pitts lol

You might want add .5 to that forty time if it’s not at the combine.

You mean OJ Howard?

johneric8

Reaction score
No, it doesn't make sense to me. If you don't get the LT position figured out, it won't matter how good the TE is. The QB has to be able to execute the play. If it's a seam route to the TE, he has to be able to get the ball off. LT allows for that. If you don't have one, then the TE is useless to you because he might be able to get open but you gotta get the ball there and you gotta keep your QB healthy. Like I say, to me, it's a no brainer.

As I've said before, if the cowboys have Pitts graded as a generational talent and possibly feel like they can get the LT position figured out later in draft.. Are you saying you know better than them? I think you seem to forget that a huge tight end like that with that kind of talent will pull multiple players to cover him, this in itself could make the offense a complete nightmare to defend. If I'm Big Mike and I believe that Dan Quinn is going to fix the defense with not only some of the players added but also in the draft, I may be licking my chops to get a hall of fame type TE whom has the potential to be one of the best that has played this game. I think you may underestimate some of the players in the later rounds, there isn't that many sure things later in the first or in second. Bust will be bust, but apparently Pitts is just that much better than the rest of the pack. Time will tell what Jerry is thinking, and who will fall, it's always interesting. In terms of us Lamb falling to us, I think Cee Dee is going to be better than Gallup and Cooper, I honestly do. That was a great pickup, he will be our #1 soon enough.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
As I've said before, if the cowboys have Pitts graded as a generational talent and possibly feel like they can get the LT position figured out later in draft.. Are you saying you know better than them? I think you seem to forget that a huge tight end like that with that kind of talent will pull multiple players to cover him, this in itself could make the offense a complete nightmare to defend. If I'm Big Mike and I believe that Dan Quinn is going to fix the defense with not only some of the players added but also in the draft, I may be licking my chops to get a hall of fame type TE whom has the potential to be one of the best that has played this game. I think you may underestimate some of the players in the later rounds, there isn't that many sure things later in the first or in second. Bust will be bust, but apparently Pitts is just that much better than the rest of the pack. Time will tell what Jerry is thinking, and who will fall, it's always interesting. In terms of us Lamb falling to us, I think Cee Dee is going to be better than Gallup and Cooper, I honestly do. That was a great pickup, he will be our #1 soon enough.

And as I've explained, he's a TE. Let me say this a different way. A TE is cool and it can be valuable if you are trying to beat the seam but none of it matters if you can't protect your QB. You can have Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Tony Gonzales and Eric Metcalf coming out of the backfield but if you can't protect your QB, then none of it matters.

You say that Pitts is generational but a lot of people, include me, say that Sewell is the best LT prospect they've ever seen and that he too is generational. So which position is more important, more valuable, more impactful?

We have young TEs on the team right now. We don't have our future LT.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I can promise one thing, if Pitts is there at 10 and Cowboys pass, the NY Giants won't. Jones in NY needs targets that is currently lacking no way they pass on him which means Dallas will be dealing with Pitts one way or the other.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
pitts lol

Yeah, I don't think this is true. I mean, have you actually watched this guy? This guy doesn't come along every year. There are a lot of NFL personnel guys who are saying that Sewell is the best LT prospect they've ever graded.

Rayman70

Reaction score
take PITTS. The drop off from Sewell isnt that big later. We could always move back up into round 1 if we see a guy we like.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

HIGHLY doubt this happens. However, if both somehow fell, I'd take Sewell. I think we're fine on offensive weapons. With Smith's injuries piling up of late and what happened with Collins, I'll take Sewell. He'll plow a path right to the end zone for Zeke and will help Dak give Dak more time in the pocket.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
While this scenario is somewhat implausible you would take Pitts as Seawell is at best going to be your starting Guard for at least 1-2 seasons and a G is not worth it more than a TE.

Counterpoint, given Smith's injuries of late, Sewell would probably be the starting T sooner than you think. Hope it doesn't happen cuz I want defence at 10 or a trade down, but that's the reality of the situation of late.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

Sewell.

Pitts may be the better player but we have enough targets. We need stability at the OL.

Also we payed our QB1 money that demands from him to let look even medicore players great.

Sgt

Reaction score
Definitely Sewell! Our OLine was a mess last year. If he's there you take him. If not defense all the way!

JBond

Reaction score
There is no scenario where is he starts the year as anything other than the G or backup Tackle on the depth chart. Realistically, barring injury l, he won’t be starting at LT or RT for that matter. So you are effectively drafting a G over a generational talent.
I got infected also... generational talent etc. We need defense. Parsons, Surtain etc. Parsons is my pick. We need an enforcer in the middle. 240lbs 4.4 speed and is able to learn.