If Stephen Jones doesnt care why should the fans?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Maybe if you actually knew what you're talking about it might make sense. Phillios was/is a defensive guru. He was hire as the head coach and as long as the Cowboys defense was a top tier defense he kept his job. Jones, to ballance things got a Garrett to run the offense. After just a couple years of being the OC Garrett was offered head coaching jobs from a couple teams that Garrett turned down when Jones promoted him to OC/Assistant head coach. Phillips would have kept his job if the defense continued to be as top defense but when the defense stopped being a top defense and started to continually give up 4th quarter leads and the Cowboys losing Jones saw no need to keep a defensive guru who defense wasn't doing the job as the head coach. If Jones made any mistake it was to look at Phillips record as a head coach prior to being the Cowboys head coach and saw that he wasn't a very good head coach before nor the one time he had a chance after leaving the Cowboys. Lastly when Jones said Garrett was the future of the Cowboys you left out that conversation was about the Cowboys OFFENSE and how the OFFENSE was going to be so much better. Jones did say the future for the Cowboys but was in reference to the OFFENSE.
Try using paragraphs I might can read.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is zero reason to spend money on the Cowboys. Stephen and his comments today make it clear Jason isn't going anywhere. We are basically the Detroit Lions or Washington Commanders. Its Jerry and Stephens toy and there is no reason for them to change. Its been 25 years of crap. If Jason isn't gone I'm getting to the point where I'm almost done with this team.
His comments today were a slap in the face to any fan who has been with this team.
What comments are you talking about?

droopdog7

Reaction score
Yeah his comments I had no problem with today. If they find themselves 4-6 around tgiving, you will hear a different Stephen I bet.
Oddly enough, weren't we around that record last year before turning it around and winning the East? My point is, unless the team implodes, then you wait until the end of the year and assess. Any time before that is too early.

Rayman70

Reaction score
the title of this thread nailed it. Lets answer it objectively. Good post, good subject. I think the reason why we care is, MANY of us here are purests...meaning we can remember a time when Dallas was synonymous with winning SB's and playoff games...and we related to the players and the HC, AND Roger Staubach(a military man)..so we related to the guy easily...Bob Lilly...an average country guy..farmer. I LIVE LESS THAN AN HOUR FROM HIM..so I can relate. Partly, we should care and DO care because its MUCH DEEPER and bigger THAN some egotistical piss ant like Jerry and Stevie...its that THIS is the team that Tex Schramm and Tom Laundry/Gil Brandt built, PERIOD!! THIS TEAM WILL ALWAYS BE AMERICAS TEAM despite..IN SPITE OF who owns the team now. It was before they owned it, and will be AFTER they own it. That's the good news in all this. WE ALL SHARE THIS BOND on this message board, altho we disagree many times. That's why we come here. This is a special historic team, unlike any other in the world. THATS WHY WE CARE AND ALWAYS WILL.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
They have too much respect for Garrett. When the time comes to relieve him of duties, they will throw a parade for him and have an official ceremony to show their appreciation. Maybe even go ahead and induct him in the Ring of Honor

Zordon

Reaction score
Yeah his comments I had no problem with today. If they find themselves 4-6 around tgiving, you will hear a different Stephen I bet.
No issue with him saying they aren't bringing in competition for Maher and that they have confidence in him? Maher has been poor since training camp.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Oddly enough, weren't we around that record last year before turning it around and winning the East? My point is, unless the team implodes, then you wait until the end of the year and assess. Any time before that is too early.
I get that..but thru 5 weeks, we cannot stop the run. Its been too easy.

Proximo

Reaction score
Would you stop it!!!

You are not going anywhere. Anyone who likes this sport enough to join and contribute to a message board isn’t going anywhere. If you could you already would have.

You are just throwing a little tantrum right now.

Professional sports is not a democracy.

This is one of the better responses I’ve seen to these types of threads.
Well done.

It is literally just a tantrum.

StylisticS

Reaction score
No issue with him saying they aren't bringing in competition for Maher and that they have confidence in him? Maher has been poor since training camp.
I was only focusing on the coaching comments.

Hadenough

Reaction score
There is zero reason to spend money on the Cowboys. Stephen and his comments today make it clear Jason isn't going anywhere. We are basically the Detroit Lions or Washington Commanders. Its Jerry and Stephens toy and there is no reason for them to change. Its been 25 years of crap. If Jason isn't gone I'm getting to the point where I'm almost done with this team.
His comments today were a slap in the face to any fan who has been with this team.
Dude,
I used to live and die every weekend with the Cowboys. I started doing fantasy football years ago and that's taken me to being a fan of the NFL. Of course I play in money leagues just to make a little more interesting. I had Aaron Jones playing on one of my fantasy teams so I didnt care if gashed the Cowboys or if the Cowboys stuffed him but i played him because i know they struggle with the run. I can tell you it's just a relief to step back and enjoy the play of other teams players. I still cheer for the Cowboys but I can still walk away from the weekend happy when my fantasy team kicks butt.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Are you leaving? Good riddance. You don't speak for me or millions of other Cowboys fans. :p

Verdict

Reaction score

You need to step back from the ledge and have a drink. Or just jump and get it over with.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Relax and take a breath.

Last season we started 2-3 and won the division. Why are there so many crying already?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Relax and take a breath.

Last season we started 2-3 and won the division. Why are there so many crying already?
They thought we were going to the SB after 3-0. Their bubble has been busted. It’s really a sad state of affairs. But very entertaining.

We are still in 1st place. The season is still on .

I give Stephen all the credit. He’s really overcome Daddy. Lol