If the choice of DC came down to Campo and Bowles...

Woods

Reaction score
Bowles, which guy would you prefer?

Let's also assume for the time being that JJ wanted to stick with the 34 going into training camp.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
If we stick with the 34, i'd have very little confidence in either.Dave has the years and Bowles has been around the 34(not sure if Dave has ever been?) but if i had to chose i'd go with the young guy.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Bowles. Our team would have to re-shape again to go to the 4-3. We don't have the linebackers.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Crown Royal;1344420 said:
Bowles. Our team would have to re-shape again to go to the 4-3. We don't have the linebackers.

Carp, James, Akin

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Crown Royal;1344420 said:

sure we do...Burnett could be a 4-3 LB...so could Carpenter...Ayodele was before he came here...James was a 4-3 LB in college and his 1st yr here...there's also free agency and the draft

David

Murph80

Reaction score
Carp James Akin would do it. Move Ellis back to DE. I wasn;t a big fan of Ellis covering people down field.

Campo is my choice along with Avezzano back for Special Teams.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
dbair1967;1344434 said:
sure we do...Burnett could be a 4-3 LB...so could Carpenter...Ayodele was before he came here...James was a 4-3 LB in college and his 1st yr here...there's also free agency and the draft

David

Burnett would be a stellar strong side backer. The thing is, so would Carp. I don't think we have a good WLB on this team. James is not someone I trust. Ayodele would be an adequate MLB, but I worry that there isn't a whole lot of speed in our LB corps, and iirc, speed is something Campo covets.

Ratmatt

Reaction score
windward;1344422 said:
I see you have donnie edwards on your free agency wish list.I'm not for sure who you would like to be the head coach,but it would seem the chances of getting him are probably better with wade phillips coming here.

Gaede

Reaction score
hold on, now Campo is suddenly an option to join the team?!

Campo?! Really?!??!?!?

see: sig

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Woods;1344399 said:

Let's also assume for the time being that JJ wanted to stick with the 34 going into training camp.

That's like asking me how I would prefer to die, eaten by ants or burned slowly.

If those are the only two options we could come up with then I'd say Bowles simply because we've already done the Dave Campo thing at least Bowles is more of an unknown.

dwmyers

Reaction score
Campo's titles in Jacksonville include "assistant head coach." Wouldn't DC in Dallas be a lateral move?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Ratmatt;1344440 said:
I see you have donnie edwards on your free agency wish list.I'm not for sure who you would like to be the head coach,but it would seem the chances of getting him are probably better with wade phillips coming here.
I'd prefer Phillips and if he came I think Edwards would follow him. Edwards has had success in a 4-3 with the Chiefs, we'd just hjave to move him outside with Carp and Ayodele in the middle.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Why Edwards? Why not just move Carp inside and draft an OLB? Edwards is too old to be worthwhile for any length of time.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Woods;1344399 said:

your thread subject line is straight out of the department of redundancy department